Drive

It's Complicated

 

Lee Jaejin’s POV:

                I was currently driving along the lamp posts filled streets, on our way home to finally end this very long day. The sky was so clear that you can see very well the stars lighting up the dark night. It was a pretty sight. I was enjoying the calm moment when suddenly, reality hit me nearby.

                “So Mina, what’s up with you and Jonghun?” Yei asked Mina. We were all caught off guard by the question but we waited for Mina to answer. I prepared myself for the worst scenario that can happen as we waited. I looked at the rear view mirror to see her image. I saw her shook her head, but obviously she was thinking about something deep.

                “But why were you two hugging each other?” Sudae is such a busy-body sometimes. But at times like this she can be helpful all right.

                “Well.. uhm.. he asked if we could give it a try again.” Mina said hesitantly. I felt a pain in my chest but tried to pretend unaffected as much as possible.

                “What did you say then?”

                “Nothing yet.”

                “So you’re thinking about it?” I saw her nod and it made me nervous again. Time is really running out for me. I can’t afford to let her slip away again or this will be the end of me. A few minutes later, the chance I was waiting for opened up for me.

                “You can drop us off here.” Yei suddenly said, pointing at the establishment nearby.

                “I’ll take you home it’s late.” I offered but she greatly refused.

                “It’s okay, Chulsoon is there. He’ll take us home instead.” Sudae winked at me. I didn’t get it why at first. But then Yei glared at me and she gave a suggestive look, and that was the time when I finally got what they meant. God, I feel so slow sometimes.

                “Oh, all right then.” I gulped when I realized that it will only be me and Mina from then on. The thought made me conscious. It then became reality when the two went out the car.

                “Mina, sit in front. Jaejin is feeling a sleepy. Talk to him or whatever so he’ll get distracted. We don’t want another car accident to happen right?” Yei told Mina, who obediently followed.

                “Jaejin, good luck okay? Mina, take care.” The two girls smiled at us and I know behind those smiles they were cheering me on.

                There was silence at first but unlike what Yei said about me being sleepy, I feel rather restless at all because of the tension I was feeling.

                “So uhm.. great performance.” Mina said, trying to strike a conversation. She must have believed Yei so much. I sighed, hoping that my nervousness would all go out with the air I was releasing.

                “Thank you.” I said weakly. I am taking this chance to tell her finally. But when I looked at her, she was the one who was rather feeling sleepy.

                “I really enjoyed.. *yawns* your performance.. *yawns again* too bad I was late…” and what came out next was a slur. I let out a small laugh as she struggled to stay awake for me.

                “You can sleep. I’ll wake you up when we’re there.” I told her but she shook her head forcefully.

                “I have to keep you company..” Her words were all slur again.

                “Suit yourself.” I gave up with her stubbornness and she kept on blabbing some stuff just to be awake. I can barely understand half of it thought. I guess, confessing will not be today. She finally dozed off after a short while. I just enjoyed the silence of her with my side underneath this perfect night sky.

                We were finally at her home but I just wanted this moment to last a little longer. I stared at her sleeping figure, amused with her sleeping face. I felt my eyes become heavier as well by looking at her sleep. I was very tempted to steal a kiss but my heart said that it could still wait a little longer. Besides, I’ve waited for 5 years already; I could wait for a few more hours/ days right? I sighed with the impatience I was feeling, realizing it was my entire fault anyway. I let her slip away so so many times. If this is a movie, people must have smacked me left and right for being so stupid of letting go of the chances.

                “Just a little more Jaejin, just a little more.” I whispered to myself as I convinced myself not to kiss her. She was just so cute! I could at least touch her face right? That’s not bad right? I was just thinking about it, but my hand was already touching her cheeks. My hand has a mind of its own! She shuffled; she must have felt my hand touching her. But my hand did not stop touching her face. Her eyes finally opened, catching me from what I was doing.

                “uhh.. hi?” I said stupidly. I smiled at her but she didn’t smile back. Instead, her eyes were wide open because of shock and she didn’t even say a single word. “I.. I was just waking you up. You were in deep sleep so yeah! We’re here.” I removed my hand finally and said some lame excuse. Why didn’t I just tell her the truth? aish! I am so irritated with myself right now!

                “Oh, is that so?” She looked outside and when she realized where we were, she went out of the car.

                “Ya! Wait!” I stopped her without even thinking why.

                “Eh? Why?” She asked. Oh God I find her so cute I just wanted to grab her and embrace her right now. I tried to dismiss the almost unstoppable longing I was feeling as I try to collect my thoughts.

                “uhm, er.. You’re going to visit Jonghun tomorrow, I mean later right?” She nodded at my question but obviously still clueless why I asked her though. “Let’s go together since I’m worried about him too.” She did not reply immediately and thought for a few seconds instead. Does this mean she thinks I’m a nuisance? Truth is, I just don’t like the thought of her and Jonghun being alone together. I know for a fact that they can get back together. “It’s all right, If you don’t want to..”

                “Sure!” She cut me short of what I was about to say. An idea must have popped to her head so she agreed.

                “All right then. I’ll pick you up at 11am. We can bring him lunch or something.” I had a big smile on my face, failing to hide the happiness and relief I was feeling. She smiled back and bowed at me.

                “Careful on the way home. Goodnight.” She said.

                “My home is just 3 blocks away. Oh well, goodnight too.” I can’t help but giggle at her precaution and waited for her to enter the house before I finally left.

                When I got home I hurried to prepare myself for bed. As soon as I got myself ready, I happily lied down. Before I completely dozed off to sleep, hundreds of possible scenarios later ran through my head. Jonghun will absolutely not like what I’m going to do but I just can’t sit around anymore. LET’S GET IT ON!

 

Author: oh, i'm going to post a one shot or two-shots with an OTP pairing.. soon.. just to test if i can actually write one. xD hope you guys read it too and tell me your comments so i would know if i could still continue my plan of writing an otp sequel or just  go with another straight pairing original character sequel.. xD :) so yes.. this.. :) hope you like it everyone :)