Do Not Resuscitate

It's Complicated

 

Han Mina’s POV:

              When we got to Chulsoon’s place they all welcomed us with confused faces. It must be weird since we came together. I felt more awkward being with him. I can’t help but remember all the memories I locked up. I wish you can also give memories a DNR; DO NOT RESUSCITATE.

              “Jaejin! Mina! You came together?” Chulsoon greeted us with a smile. He tried to sound lively to remove the awkwardness in the air since it is really weird to see us together. Jaejin however, looked like as if he had no intention of answering the question.

              “Yeah,something like that.” I just said. Chulsoon gave me a questioning look but decided to dismiss the matter since I walked away and looked disinterested by the matter.

              “Mina! Long time no see!” Sudae approached me. She’s Chulsoon’s cousin and at the same time we were classmates back in high school. She went to Japan when we graduated.

              “Sudae!!” I hugged her back tightly since I missed her so much.

              “I heard you’re going out with Jonghun!” Why does it have to be the first thing she said to me; my love life.

              “Something like that.” Looks like I’m going to use this term quite often. Speaking of Jonghun, I didn’t tell him I’m here.

              “Let me get back to you.” I said to Sudae. I walked a considerable distance away from the entire ruckus since I have to inform Jonghun. I dialed his number and waited for him to answer.

              “oh, hello.” He said from the other line.

              “Hi.” I said. Stupid me. I still get nervous, I still can’t get used to this. I heard him let out a small laugh, he must’ve realized that I’m still not used to doing such things.

              “So, why did you call honey?” He teased. His voice was y and at the same time I found it annoying. He knows that I find it very embarrassing whenever he calls me “sweet names.”

              “Stupid.” I scoffed. “I just called to tell you I’m here at Chulsoon’s place.” I tried to hide my embarrassment by sounding annoyed but he just giggled instead.

              “Is that so? What are you doing there?” He asked.

              “Well, Sudae just came home so yeah.” I explained to him.

              “Oh, I see. Want me to pick you up after?” He offered. He does this even though he’s tired from work.

              “It’s okay, I can manage. You’re tired, might as well take the chance to rest.” I said concerned. He tends to become engrossed with his work too much and often times neglect taking care of himself.

              “But I want to be with you.” I cannot resist him when he’s like this but at the same time I want him to rest.

              “IS THAT JONGHUN-OPPA?” Sudae suddenly came from behind. I nodded and immediately looked away from her since I felt that I’m blushing.

              “JONGHUN-OPPA! COME OVER!” She shouted over the phone.

              “Really, I can?” I heard Jonghun asked over the line happily and she must have heard him too.

              “Ofcourse! We’ll wait for you, okay?” She shouted again.

              “I’ll be there in a few minutes.” The next thing I heard was a beep over the line. He must be on his way now.

 

            “So, you finally got over him?” Sudae is now starting to interrogate me.

            “I did. A long time ago already.” I said. But there was something in my voice that did not convince Sudae and me. I tried to ignore the thoughts and went back to where everyone was. I sat silently the entire time just looking at them, not much talking to anyone since my thoughts were filled with unnecessary load. I noticed Jaejin looking at my direction from time to time and I can’t help but shot a look at him too for some reason. I can feel something inside me, struggling violently to get out.

              “Mina, do you mind? Can we talk?” Sudae came up to me and asked. I agreed, though I wonder what it was about though.

author:okay, i failed to "spice" things up in this chapter.. xD but the next chapter is posted too so yeah.. :D saves you from the boredom of this chapter.. xD im sorry xD