Easier Said Than Done

It's Complicated

 

Choi Jonghun’s POV:

                The thought of them being together is too hard for me. No, I just cannot let go of her. I battled in my head on what I should do; I disregarded all logic and all senses and followed my stupid heart. I walked in, knocked softly and gave them both a smile. “There you are Mina.” I smiled at her with all of my will, pretending that I didn’t hear a thing.

                “Jonghun,” She looked at me with surprise in her eyes while I showed no signs of overhearing their conversation. 

                “How long have you been here?” She suspected that I might’ve heard something. I can sense her nervousness.

                “Just now? Why?” I smiled at her to hide the traces of sadness I was feeling. Looks like I succeeded since she gave me a faint smile that seemed like she was convinced by my pretense.

                “Nothing. Shall we go outside?” I held her hand and she willingly held mine back. I can feel my heart sinking for I know who she really wants to hold right now. I refuse to let the pain take over me. I promised her I’ll make her fall for me and I am not going to let anything get in the way.

                You can call me a fool for doing such act. But what can I do? I’ve never wanted anyone so bad. I just have to discourage Jaejin’s feelings and I have to make her fall for me; problem solved, easier said than done. It’s worth trying than giving up instantly. Even though there’s a small chance, I’m taking that small possibility, after all, those he become truly happy are the ones who take chances.

Han Mina’s POV:

                “You still love him.” Sudae’s voice was ringing in my head like a broken cd or something the whole night. I tried to distract myself, trying very hard not to look at Jaejin. I focused my attention to Jonghun instead. He was “all over” me the entire time; holding my hand, his arms around me, etc. I tried to act cool with it, but I wonder why he’s all clingy all of a sudden. Then Sudae’s voice played in my head again. DID HE HEAR… I stopped my thoughts from the drama it was starting to make and I shot a look at Jonghun who was showing no traces of evidence that he heard our conversation. He looked back at me and smiled instead.

                “Why are you looking at me like that?” He said in his y voice, he’s messing with me again. I smacked him in the arm and he kissed me on my cheek making me blush a whole lot more, making my suspicion completely gone. I can feel everyone’s eyes on us, and I can feel myself sinking from embarrassment by what he just did. They were teasing us and stuff except for Sudae and Jaejin who were just smiling along with everyone else’s teasing. Then Jaejin suddenly stood up.

                “I’m leaving first.” He said, as he gulped the remaining beer in his glass.

                “What? Why so early?” Chulsoon protested.

                “I can’t take it anymore.” He said with a lot of conviction. Everyone was just puzzled by what he meant. Then he continued, “The alcohol, man.” He let out a laugh when he referred to his alcohol tolerance. But something did not feel right when he said that. Jonghun must have felt it too for he stopped Jaejin to ask if he can still manage to go on his own.

                “Can you still drive?” Jonghun asked him and Jaejin just nodded weakly.

                 “I’ll end up dead if I stay here longer.” He smiled a complicated smile and left us all hanging again by what he meant. No one dared to ask anymore. Maybe they took it as a joke, as an exaggeration of the consequences of getting drunk, or they just didn’t want to dig deeper in Jaejin’s issue. As for me, let’s just say, I’m in the middle of a war right now; trying my very best to keep the lock in place.

author:  sorry if i update very very slowly.. :( i have the next chapters already so probably im gonna post them soon ^^ since i have to yeah.. xD thank you again guys! <33