Mission Accomplished

It's Complicated

Lee Jaejin’s POV:

                So we’re here again; back where we started, the same pavement, the same lamp posts, the same trees, and the same street. The wind is blowing like the usual, chilly enough to penetrate the already cold hearts that we have. The darkness in the path we are walking has not changed as well and so is the moon, it never left its place anyway. But what differentiates yesterday from today is that I finally get to resolve my feelings about you.

                The quiet walk we are taking will lead me to you, hopefully, if the cat will not get my tongue. I see you walking a distance away from me when in fact all I want to do is close that distance and take you into my arms. Apparently, my car broke down when we were on our way home so we have to walk instead. I am not complaining, in fact I am happy to get this chance. Just a little more courage and the words I am so itching to say will finally be heard by your heart.

                Just when I saw the place where it happened 5 years ago I asked you to stop.

                “Mina,” I said. Who would have thought I would say your name again after all these time. You instantly look when your name passed through my lips.

                “What?” You asked me with such coldness obviously putting your guard up and I just can’t help but blame myself for getting you farther and farther away from me. Despite the darkness I know you are staring at me intently. I can feel it piercing through my veins, through my heart. If I a person can melt then I would have probably melted a long time ago.  I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, hoping those words will finally get out.

 

---------------- a few hours ago----------------------

 

Choi Jonghun’s POV:

                It was never easy. I noticed that already; how Jaejin can bring such smiles to Mina. When we were still together, every time I talk about Jaejin there would always be that curve around her lips no matter how much she tried to hide it. I always watch her expressions so I know the difference from her smile to THAT smile and THAT smile can only come from Jaejin.

                We were currently playing around like kids, fooling around as if we were grade schoolers and that there were no loads present on our shoulders. Somewhere along those smiles, two stands out really well; Jaejin and Mina’s. I know it was time for me to stop playing the role of an antagonist, which I apparently got as soon as I found out about these two feelings and started getting in the way. I must stop doing it as well to free myself at least. I took one last look at Mina, because I know the next time I see her, she’ll be in someone else’s arm.

                “Jonghun?” Mina must have noticed that I was looking at her. It was really nice hearing her say my name. I can still remember how her voice can make my heart beat so much and I always ended up hugging her every time and every time I do that she would blush so much. But now all of those are a distant memory now.

                “Nothing, just savoring the moments.” I smiled to her and played a little with her hair.

                “Huh?” She asked making her forehead all wrinkled.

                “Nothing, just thinking how cute you really are.” I then whispered softly to her ears, “I love you.” One last time, I told her those three words. As much as I want to feel her lips on mine for the last time, I do not dare to do so. Just one kiss can bring down all the courage I gathered to let her go. I stood up and asked Jaejin to come with me to get some snacks. I know she was still looking at me but I cannot go back to look at those eyes anymore.

                We were shuffling around the kitchen and got what we could find to eat, neither saying a thing. We were about to get back to the others when I stopped him.

                “Jaejin, wait. I need to talk to you about something.” He didn’t say a thing but instead waited for me to continue. It took me a while before I was able to say it but he didn’t rush me either. “Take care of her. If you dare make her cry, I swear I will make you regret it.” I finally said. Not sure if it came out right, but there, I finally said it. He didn’t respond immediately. He must be shocked. He was staring at me like a dumb person, purely disbelief overcoming his senses. I smirked at his reaction and patted his shoulder and walked away. But his hand stopped me after a few steps.

                “Hyung,” He looked at me with sad confused eyes and I cannot bear those pair of eyes to look at me any longer. “Are you sure?” He asked. This boy, how stupid can he get? My head was lowered and I felt a tear or two managed to escape from my eyes. I wiped them away as soon as I felt them wetting my eyes.

                “Stupid. Just do it before I changed my mind.” I shuffled his hair and left him there his jaw hanging open, still not believing everything happening. He joined us again not too long after, this time he was completely nervous.

                “Ya, do you plan to give them those snacks or not?” I said to him. He was standing there holding a bowl of chips looking at us stupidly. He shuffled when he noticed his idiotic stance and gave us the food. He was still eyeing me with those sad filled eyes and gave a weak smile in return. I distanced myself from Mina from then on and made way for him to be closer to her. Jaejin was still hesitating; good thing Hongki gave him a push, literal though.

                “Ya! What was that for?!” Jaejin complained because Hongki pushed him so hard he almost hit his face on the floor.

                “Don’t be a sissy and be a man! Don’t waste people’s efforts or I’m gonna punch you big time.” Hongki said loudly and everyone could hear. He didn’t care if he was heard. Mina and the Maknaes were clueless of the situation while the rest of us were fully aware. Jaejin just nodded and his face suddenly changed, from nervousness to complete confidence. We just smiled at him and he gave this cocky smile back. There goes our goat.

 

Han Mina’s POV:

 

                I did not know what was happening but I felt my heart crushed when Jonghun said those three words. I was caught off guard and I did not know what to make out of it. He stood up and left immediately, not giving me a chance to question him. He did not come to me any closer from then on. I was just so confused I did not know what to do.

                “Ya! What was that for?!” I suddenly heard Jaejin complain. I didn’t see what happened because I was spacing out again.

                “Don’t be a sissy and be a man! Don’t waste people’s efforts or I’m gonna punch you big time.” Hongki was ing again probably. Confused, I let the matter go since a lot has been happening lately, my thoughts were preoccupied. It felt like my brain would explode anytime if something happened again. So I dared not to add more to the things I was currently thinking.

                We continued to play games and goof off, the whole time Jaejin was messing with me. I hate to admit it but I enjoy his goaty-ness, maybe because of these feelings I have for him. I even forgot the worry I was feeling about Jonghun when Jaejin started annoying me. I just suddenly remembered about it when we were about to go home.

                “It’s getting dark, we should go home.” Yei said. I agreed since there were still some things I have to do back home. But then, Jonghun. I looked at him and wondered if I should stay a little longer than everyone else.

                “Jonghun, I can stay a bit more if you want.” I tugged on his shirt. I know how lonely he feels sometimes when he’s at home alone.

                “Hongki will be staying over so you must go home. You still need to do something and besides, you need to rest as well. It’s been tough on you these past few days.” He smacked my forehead gently and I just pouted like a kid and walked away. Yei then suddenly dragged me away and let go of me when we reached Jaejin’s car.

                “You take her home. We’re going somewhere else. DO IT OKAY.” Yei said to Jaejin and all he could do was nod. I looked again at Jonghun and he had this weak smile on his face. He raised his hand as if to say good bye, I felt my heart sink I did not know why.

                “Let’s go.” I felt Jaejin’s hand over my shoulders and it lifted my spirit at least and went inside his car. Thousands of thoughts rushing in my head, but I know for a fact that there was something about Jonghun’s goodbye.

                It was a quiet ride. Jaejin was not annoying me. He was softly humming along the music in the radio while I was just staring at the road, when suddenly his car stopped.

                “WHAT THE?” Jaejin tried starting his car over and over again but it won’t start.

                “It won’t start.” I said and he just nodded. He went out of the car looked at the engine and he started shaking his head. I got out of the car as well and asked him what happened. He mumbled something about the engine and stuff it did not register to my brain so I just nodded pretending to understand. He just smiled at me feeling ashamed of what happened.

                “Looks like we’re gonna walk from here on.” He said to me as he dialed a number on his phone. He probably called someone to fix it or whatever. It was a good 20 minutes walk so it was okay. It was a quiet walk and it didn’t take too long before we got in our neighborhood. I was enjoying the starry night and the cold wind brushing on my face when he suddenly called me.

                “Mina,” I turned around and asked what. I kind of got pissed maybe because I was enjoying the silence of the night and he decided to ruin it. Is he ting on me again? Then I noticed where we were, this street, I cannot be mistaken.

 

-----Continuation of the Lee Jaejin’s POV-----

 

Lee Jaejin’s POV:

                “What?” She said, rather sounding pissed. Chills ran down my bone but that will not stop me from saying it to her. But I wasn’t able to bring myself to say it immediately. I was caught up in the moment and the cat got my tongue, making my words stuck inside my chest. We were both staring at each other again in the same street under the night sky.

                “Ya! What? Do you need grass?” She mocked at me obviously pissed but she was frozen from her place as well. Her teasing made me less nervous and so I decided to play along as well until I get the words out.

                “There’s something else I need.”I smiled sheepishly hoping she’ll take the bait so I could say it to her at least in a less awkward way.

                “What? Grass is not enough for you anymore? Just say it already to get this pointless conversation over with.” She hissed at me but I can tell she was nervous.

                “Why? If I tell you what I need will you give it to me?” I some more and she just shook her head from annoyance. I slowly walked towards her without removing my gaze from her figure. She was frozen from where she was all right. I stopped a few inches away from her and I could tell she was nervous.

                “Just… get this over with… stupid goat.” She looked down, avoiding any eye contact with me.

                “You…” I said softly, trying my very best to control myself. She looked at me with surprise in her eyes, uncertain of what to make out of what I said. She eyed me then laughed; I know she was just shaking the nervousness away.

                “Ehhh?? So now what? You need me?” She said in a jokingly manner and she laughed at her own words.

                “Yes, I need you.” I said softly and I was about to touch her face when she stopped laughing and moved away from my hand. A light from a passing car illuminated her image and I saw fear in her eyes. I stopped reaching out to her, my hand hanging a few inches away from her cheeks.

                “WOW! So now you’re saying you need me.” She was mocking me but there was fear in her voice, maybe this is her defense mechanism or something. I wish for once she would put her guard down and just be real to me. “Stupid.” She said bitterly.

                “Hell yeah I’m stupid.” I dropped my hand and looked down with all the memories rushing in my head. “I’m so stupid how I could actually let you go so many times. I let you get taken away before my very eyes every single time. I am so stupid that I just realized how much you mean to me when Jonghun-hyung and you started seeing each other. I had to watch you be taken away before I finally get to admit to myself that I’m in love with you all along. So YES I’M STUPID.” I didn’t know what I said or what she was thinking or how she reacted with all the words. I sighed and took enough courage to look at her. I slowly lifted my head up and looked at her.

                “I love you Mina.” I said softly and she was just frozen there, staring at me. I was not getting any reaction from her at all. I was losing hope already, probably this is rejection and I can feel tears starting to form in my eyes.

                “Liar.” She said softly. I looked at her and she was barely moving. “Lee Jaejin, stupid.” She said and I was too weak to argue with her. She hates me now. She definitely does. I didn’t move from where I was and I was trying to keep my cries inside. Then she started mumbling words with complete emphasis. “IF YOU’RE SCREWING WITH ME YOU STUPID MORON, JUST GO GET YOURSELF HIT BY A BUS OR SOMETHING. IF YOU’RE SCREWING WITH ME I’LL CUT YOUR HEAD OFF AND FEED IT TO THE PIGS, then I’ll take your heart so it will stay with me no matter what.” Her voice softened when she said the last words. I was looking at her completely not believing what I was hearing. I grabbed her face and kissed her directly on her lips, failing to control my feelings anymore.

                “So does that mean?” I asked just to make sure I was not making things up.

                “HOW STUPID CAN YOU GET?” She hissed and she was sobbing. I didn’t notice that she was crying already. I took her into an embrace and we were both crying into each other’s arm. I felt her tightened the embrace. “I love you too stupid Lee Jaejin.” We stayed like that for a couple of minutes and just enjoying the new memory we made in this street. Complication is not complicated anymore.

 

author: OH GOSH GUYS IT'S FINISHED. i think the ending is y... but idk anymore.. T^T im just happy i finished this.. and i am thankful to the people who read this through the end..and to those who got bored along the way thank you also..xD i am sincerly thanking everyone for giving me such kind words and those words were the very reasons why i was able to finish this.. thank you guys.. <3 :)

oh yes sequel link.. xD :)) http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/87273 just in case you're interested.. until next time.. and i wish we can be friends or whatever.. im so happy i finished this.. THANK YOU!!!