Unclear

It's Complicated

 

Han Mi-Na’s POV:

                I don’t know what happened that morning, but all I know is that I can’t help myself but to listen while Jonghun played the guitar. Ever since then, I can’t ignore him anymore, whether it’s just a message or a call, I just can’t ignore his overflowing presence any longer.

                “Han Mi-na……..HAN MI-NA!” Eun-Sook, shouted over my ear in order for them to get my attention.

                “YA!!!! What?!!” I shouted back because I was shocked.

                “You’re spacing out again. Maybe you’re thinking of your new guy AREN’T YOU?!!”

                “Wha…WHAT NEW GUY?!” I panicked obviously trying to hide something from them. But it’s not like we’re going out or anything like that right? It’s been a while since Jonghun started to take me to and fro school. And it’s not as if he’s going out of his way just to do that since he said that I’m on the way as well, right?

                “Quit playing dumb and admit it. We see that guy picking you up at school almost every day--”

                “--And he takes you to school too.”  Kyung-hee added.

                “WHAT?!!!” Everyone exclaimed. Wow Kyung-Hee, thanks for the additional information. It looks like there’s no escape for me when suddenly an emergency ambulance from heaven came; my phone rang. But I don’t know if the caller is from heaven or the opposite of it, it’s Choi Jonghun. I walked a few steps away from my friends but I swear I can feel their eyes on me and that they are all grinning at me. I can feel my back being stabbed with their stares. But I still answered his call, “Hello.”

               “I’m here already are you ready to go?” Oh I almost forgot I promised him that will have coffee this afternoon. I just said yes and that I’ll be coming any second now. I looked back at my friends and saw their grinning faces full of anticipation. But I got my things instead and literally ran away from them and just shouted, “I’ll see you guys tomorrow.” I feel bad though since I left them all hanging. But I don’t know what to say to them yet so it’s better this way. I can’t blame them though, it’s the first time in many years that they’ve seen me together with a guy.

             When I got to his car I was catching my breath since I was running. He laughed at my haggard figure as he helped me with my things.

             “Did you run a marathon or something?” He was completely laughing his off as I sat beside the driver’s seat as I try to fix myself. As soon as he got on his seat, I hit him hard in the arm.

             “Ya! What did I do?!” He complained. But he is very amused with me hitting him so I stopped and pouted instead like a little kid. He was still giggling and I was still pouting when someone called him.

             “Hongki? Why?..okay.. see you.” He was looking at me the entire time and still picking on me. But I decided to ignore it.

            “Why? Is there something wrong?” I asked.

            “Is it okay if the rest of the band members join us for coffee?” By his tone I figured he had no choice about it. It’s okay with me though, but I just don’t know what I’m going to do since Jaejin will be there. I fell silent for a while. It’s not as if Jaejin actually cares. Why am I still thinking of these things? It has been what? 5 years? Oh well, I guess I’m over thinking again.

           “But if you don’t like I can tell them that..” Jonghun suddenly said, maybe because he saw my thinking face. But I don’t want to cause him trouble.

          “No it’s fine with me.” I just smiled and locked the seatbelt to show him that I’m ready. But he was still staring at me.

          “Are you sure? I mean.. i.. we can…” before he could finish his statement I reassured him again that it’s fine.

           "Don't worry, we'll still be watching that movie after."  So he then smiled at me softly and I smiled back.and made our way to the rest of his band mates.

            While on our way my heart is beating like crazy, I don’t know why.