What HE was seeing the entire time

It's Complicated

 

Lee Jaejin’s POV:

               

                The wind was blowing hard as the two of us were standing alone in the street. No cars, no cats, just the presence of us two. She was looking down the whole time, as if trying very hard to hold back her tears. I cannot bear to look at her pain, but I cannot be with her either.

                “You and Yei… I have the same feelings for you both…” I looked away as I say the next words, not sure what was the purpose of me telling this but I just had to tell her.

“..it’s just that, what I feel for her is heavier.” As I said the last line, I saw her stiffened for a while but as if by some sort of miracle she moved and wiped her tears like how a kid does. She then looked at me with a big smile on her face with tears welling up in her eyes. I can barely take the sight but I still looked at her as if punishing myself hoping that at least the pain I’ve caused her for how many years would be washed away at that moment. She opened up her lips and I waited for the words of hate. But what came shattered a part of me.

“EHH?? IS THAT SO?? GOOD LUCK ON YOUR RELATIONSHIP THEN!” She smiled a big smile to me. I just wanted to sink in from where I was standing at that moment. She turned her back on me and waved her hand and I know I can never go back again. at that time, I felt like I lost something I can never take back ever again.

               

 

 

                ~RING! RING! RING! The alarm woke me up from the dream. I paused for a bit and realized that it was not a dream. It was a flashback. I dreamed of the past; the time when I “rejected” Mina. I was walking down the street when I saw her walking aimlessly. That day was the day when Yei became my girl friend. I know about Mina’s feelings for a long time and the least thing I can do was to tell her that.

                I went to the bathroom and washed my face, hoping it would return me to the present. It has been how many years already, why did I even dream about it now? Yei and I also broke up more than a year ago already. And Mina, after that didn’t show a single sign of feelings left for me.

                Mina dated one guy only after “me”. But it didn’t last long and I was actually glad they broke up. He was not treating her like what I think she deserved. But after that we didn’t see her with anyone else nor talked about any guy. So when I saw her with Jonghun at the café a few days ago, it was a big shock to me. I tried to pretend I was not surprised by keeping myself busy with the possible songs to play. I was always good with hiding my feelings and thoughts. I was trying to keep my composure the whole time, careful not to give myself away so I remained quiet. I thought I was doing a good job until Seunghyun noticed. I cannot help myself but shot a look at Jonghun. Jeez! She even fed him right in front of us!

                I already know that Jonghun likes her since he kept on bothering me about her. I acted indifferent about it to not show that I actually feel uncomfortable. I don’t know why I feel uncomfortable but what can I do? Jonghun is one my best friends I cannot ignore him. And besides, it looks like he is so into her. We’ve never seen him worked his off because of a girl.

                When I heard that they were going to watch a movie and Mina invited all of us I felt somewhat relieved. So when Seunghyun asked me to come I wasn’t able to hide my enthusiasm.  When we were walking in the movie theater I noticed she was walking slowly. I suddenly remembered how clumsy she was and how bad her eyes were in the dark so I stayed close by since Jonghun didn’t seem to know about it. As expected, after a few steps she did fall. Good thing I was able to catch her. I pulled her closer instinctively so she could regain her balance. When our eyes met I felt something rattled inside my chest. Good thing she pulled away fast before she noticed. I hid my nervousness by teasing her. She never changed a bit. She stuck her tongue out like a kid and ignored me. I was laughing hard in my head. But that laugh faded and was replaced by confusion when I saw Jonghun held her hand. I pretended to be interested in the movie the whole time to avoid looking at them. Stupid peripheral vision, I saw a very different Jonghun. A Jonghun that was so in love and it made me feel heavy inside.

                Why am I even thinking about this? Ahh, because of the dream! Yes that’s right. It’s all because of the dream.

 

author: i was actually supposed to write another Jonghun-Mina moment but then again, the conflict is taking too long so yeah.. xD oh and i would like to hear your thoughts.. please! please!