Raining

It's Complicated

 

Han Mina’s POV:

                It started raining again. I looked up at the dark sky enveloping the place as I watch the rain endlessly drop at the cold ground making me shiver from the loneliness I’m feeling. No, I did the right decision. I said to myself a hundred of times already but I cannot help myself but feel all empty inside. It’s not every day that someone can sweep you off of your feet right there and then, and yet it’s not enough. It’s not enough to the point that I can let go of the feelings I had for years already. I was staring blankly at the wall; I can tell it’s not my room because of the bright paint I see.

                “Mina,” Shinye whispered my name softly. I must be floating in some space again. I looked at her but I didn’t bother to ask why, too weak to do so. “Is this really what you want?” I can obviously tell she’s worried. She’s my cousin after all. I nodded weakly and she waited for my explanation. I sighed and tried to put into words my reason.

                “Jonghun deserves to be loved.” I sighed at the thought and I knew I just couldn’t give him that with all these feelings I have for Jaejin. There’s no way I could deny it anymore. The next thing I know I found myself looking at him again.

                “And so do you.” Shinye said as she stood up. She must be tired of all these. After all it has been years already and everything will always end up because of Jaejin. I dropped myself into her bed and curled up under the sheets hoping it would make me warm. I found myself crying again because the warmth can’t get through the coldness I was feeling.

 

xx After 2 days xx

 

Song Seunghyun’s POV:

                We have band practice today. Apparently we have to do well in our upcoming gig since some company is interested in us. I was really excited when I heard about it but when I entered the room; all I felt was the gloomy aura everyone was emitting.

                “Hi Guys!” I said to them pretending to not feel the heavy aura in the room. They all just looked at me without saying anything. I walked up to Minhwan hoping he knows what’s up with this mood. “What’s up with everyone today?” I asked.

                “I know Jajin-hyung’s issue but I don’t know for the other hyungs.” Before Minhwan could say anything more, Jonghun told us that we will start already. We started playing the first song, Flower Rock since it’s very energizing, it’s a good opening song. Before we could even get through the 1st chorus I can’t help but cringed at the awful sound we’re making. Hongki-hyung signaled us to stop and so we did.

                “Aish! This is not working!” Hongki yelled in irritation, but he was not referring to us, he was looking at Jonghun-hyung only. “We only have a few days left before the performance and how many chances do you think does a band get huh? Aish!” Hongki-hyung scratched his head irritatingly obviously pissed off at Jonghun-hyung who was rather looking very gloomy and horrible. He messed up badly in the beginning; I can’t believe that he actually did. Never have I heard him play this horrible before. He has always been the genius guitarist and now he’s messing up like an amateur.

                “Jonghun-hyung is there something wrong? We can practice again some other time, there’s still time left after all.” Minhwan said. Obviously he’s very confident with his skills so he can say that easily. Maybe if it’s just an ordinary performance, we wouldn’t mind cramming, but this one is just so important, our dreams are at stake here. Hongki-hyung was saying some things that we cannot comprehend but apparently Jonghun-hyung shot him a look that made him stop.

                “Something wrong?” Jaejin-hyung came up to Jonghun-hyung who just shrugged him off coldly. What is this?!! Did I miss anything?

                “I’m fine.” Jonghun-hyung answered REALLY coldly and we started playing again. But like the first try, it was HORRIBLE.

                “This is not working. THIS IS NOT GOING TO WORK AT ALL. That girl really has a good timing! AISH!” Hongki-hyung must not have been paying attention to what he’s saying. All of us shot him a look by what he meant, but I have quite an idea now.

                “They broke up.” I whispered to myself out loud enough for all of them to hear what I said to myself. Oops. I guess I was too loud.

                “WHAT?!” The maknae failed to hide his surprise as Hongki-hyung realizes his mistake as well. He stuttered for a while before he could say a thing. Jonghun-hyung’s expression was very hard to explain. Jaejin-hyung who has this lost expression in his face came to Jonghun-hyung and gave him a music sheet.

                “What’s this?” Jonghun-hyung looked up to him.

                “Play your heart out.” He walked back to his place and we looked at the song that we’ll be playing. All four of us nodded in agreement when we saw what song it’s going to be. Jonghun-hyung walked to his keyboard and we patiently waited for him to start playing. He slowly feels the keys of the keyboard paused for a while then he started to make that sweet sad melody his heart was containing all this time.

 

You coloured the landscape with warmth and tranquility
And for the first time, I knew the scent of love
Bathed in radiant sunlight, nothing could make me fear
But that brightness made shadows invisible

If I tightly held your hand
With what kind of strength
Things like those other people
Might have been gone for good

Like not getting wet in the unending rain
Shoulder pressed to the way home
From that place you disappeared
Even now, the rain keeps falling on me

As time flows by
My feelings are on the road towards you
With the scent of first love

If I could walk towards
The deepest part of your heart
With shaking shoulders, I wonder,
If we could just meet honestly

If the unending rain could
Roughly wash away my mistakes
I'd search for the words to reach you
But even now, the rain keeps falling

I can see your face floating behind my eyelids
After the tears, everything about you
I don't want to forget, I can't forget
Grief is just like this

Like not getting wet in the unending rain
Shoulder pressed to the way home
From that place you disappeared
Even now, the rain keeps falling on me

 

author: I have to apologize for the slow update.. honestly, I'm having a hard time writing this fic because it's "happening" in real life.. I even thought of dropping this fic but nvm.. at least here i can give this one a happy ending, unlike in reality....... akjsdhjkasd okay im saying too much now hahaha.. xD oh the song is raining by the way.. it's so perfect! OTL OTL so thank you again guys for reading and feel free to comment or talk to me.. ^^ <3

source of the translation: http://makikawaii-jklyrics.blogspot.com/2009/10/ft-island-raining-lyrics-translation.html