After Show

It's Complicated

 

Han Mi-na's POV:              

             Jaejin joined us soon after. The rest of his band mates were busy talking with other people, I’m guessing they are their fans I guess. One of our friends noticed it too and asked, “Is it okay for you to be here and not mingle with your fans?” I was dazed for some weird reason I was not able to hear his reply and I found myself looking at him then suddenly someone called my name and forgot what I was doing. I looked for the owner of the voice who brought me back to my senses, only to be more dumbfounded when I saw it was Choi Jonghun calling me.

                “Ya, are you drunk already?” He was amused I can sense it.

                “N-nno..” I was able to spurt out. I don’t know why but he makes me nervous. I’m not even drunk or anything. He was still grinning at me and then he suddenly showed the peace-sign to me. “What?” I asked, completely confused.

                “How many fingers?” He asked, obviously toying with me.

                 I just laughed at his childishness and answered his obvious question confidently, “TWO! DUH!”

                “Wrong! 5!! I still have all of my fingers you see!!” He then laughed and the others who were also listening laughed as well, even Jaejin. I can’t help but think why Jaejin likes to pick on me, though always indirectly. If he wants to tease me he would address it to other people but it was obvious he was making fun of me. That bastard didn’t change a bit. Oh well, I just laughed with them like the usual. If Choi Jonghun and I were close I would’ve hit him hard.

                “I was just kidding. I’m just making sure you’re not drunk.” Jonghun said. He must’ve thought I was pissed or something.

                “Naaahh.. it’s okay.”

                “Since when did the two of you become close?” Lee Hongki suddenly enters the scene. Actually I don’t think we’re close so I don’t know how to reply.

                “Since………..today.” Jonghun said as he completely placed himself on the chair beside me. I was just looking at him as he settles down and he seemed to notice it. “Why? Will someone get mad if I sit beside you?” He asked as if making sure there really is no one. I just said no and our conversation was cut short when two of their other band mates came. Jaejin introduced the drummer and the other guitarist of the group.

                “This is Minhwan, our drummer and this one is Seunghyun.” The two guys smiled at us and said their hellos. Minhwan seems to be shy but when he was banging those drums earlier, it was as if he was a different person.  But what caught my attention was Seunghyun’s smile. His smile was comparable to that of sunshine, SWEAR! I am not kidding nor exaggerating. When he smiled the whole room lit up. I can’t help but stare at him. He looked at my direction and gave me a more “blinding smile” it made me blush, so I just smiled an awkward smile at him. Then Jonghun made an awkward cough that made us all look at him. He just smiled and everybody went back to their business.

                As I was sipping through my drink, Choi Jonghun started a conversation with me again. It was so awkward for me because I was so nervous every time he talks to me. I was looking at some of my friends from time to time, giving them a look that says, SAVE ME PLEASE but all of them just gave me back a look that says, you can handle it. A long night for me.