Eavesdropper

It's Complicated

 

Choi Jonghun’s POV:

                Hongki and I were shocked when we heard someone stumble near where we were. If Jaejin figured out his true feelings, I might as well be dead right now. My heart stopped beating as soon as we heard the noise. Who heard our conversation? We tried to chase the person who overheard a very confidential matter. I ran so hard as if my whole life depended on it. With luck continuing to be on my side, we found the eavesdropper.

                “YA!” Hongki called out as I left him behind since I dashed out. I was able to catch up with the eavesdropper and securely grabbed his arms, the two of of us panting. I felt myself calmed down when I saw who it was with my hands still secured in his arms.

                “I didn’t hear anything.. I mean, I didn’t mean to.. hear..i didn’t know about.. I.. accident.. hearing.. Jaejin-hyung.. in love..” He said, trying his best to explain only ending up with incomprehable words.

                “Calm down Minhwan. Let us catch our breaths first.” Good thing it was only Minhwan. We tried to catch our breaths as Hongki came slowly to where we were. As soon as I caught my breath I asked Minhwan of what he heard.

Choi Minhwan’s POV:

                I didn’t mean to hear it. Jaejin-hyung just asked me to call Jonghun-hyung and Hongki-hyung since we were going to practice already and a lot of time has been used in planning Jonghun-hyung’s confession. How am I supposed to know that they were talking about Jaejin-hyung’s feelings? When I heard them ran after me I ran instinctively as well. I felt like Jonghun-hyung will rip me into pieces after hearing that.

                “So what did you hear?” He asked. I told him I heard everything, his observation, his theory and conclusion.

                “Is that so.” he kept quiet for a few seconds unsure of what to tell me.

                “Don’t worry, I won’t tell.” I assured them. The two hyungs seemed like they were not sure of what they were hearing.

                “I won’t tell anyone, not even Seunghyun. I promise.” I raised my hand as if swearing to the flag. I don’t know why I said those words but that was all I can do for the moment. Besides, I’ve never seen Jonghun-hyung so serious before. I’m not taking sides but if it were true that Jaejin-hyung is in love with her, then it’s his fault for not realizing it. I just hope he realizes it before it’s too late.

                Jonghun-hyung and Hongki-hyung just patted me then we went back inside to practice. Like I said, I’m not going to take sides. But I just can’t sit around and watch this game to be played by just one person while the other party is clueless that he is losing already. Uugghh.. hyungs are such a pain. What to do?