Chapter 9

Forbidden Desire []

Yunho's P.O.V.


"Yunho! Wait!" I heard Jae yelling behind me as I went out of my house.

"Hey!" I said as he caught up.

"I thought you'll stop by before school." He said looking at me as he stopped walking and well, I had to as well.

"Yeah, well..." I started trying to think of some excuse quickly, but my mind wasn't working properly. "I... was late." I continued as a thought crossed my mind. "Yeah, I overslept and then I had to rush and... oh look at the time..." I said glancing at my watch. "... we're gonna be late."

JaeJoong looked at me weirdly.

"What are you talking about? The class starts in like... half an hour." He said calmly, but that suspicious look of his didn't leave his face. "Besides, we'll get there in a minute if we take my car." He added.

"And JunKi hyung will come with us?" I asked. I could see the look on JaeJoong's face changed from suspicious to worried and maybe also confused.

"Of course." He replied slowly as his eyes were searching for something on my face. He looked like he was trying to figure something out.

"Why are you asking?" He asked. "I'm not talking about JunKi going with us now, just... you've been asking about hyung a lot lately." He finished. I didn't quite paid attention to that. But if Jae noticed then maybe JunKi hyung did too and well, it made me feel good. I wanted him to know how much I care. I would never say it, but if he can feel it, then that's enough for me.

I didn't quite know how to respond to that.

"I just care, he's my hyung too." I said. I didn't really mean to say that to JaeJoong. I never was good at expressing my feelings, let alone talk about them. Especially not with Jae. We were best friends and I didn't have closer person then him. Except maybe JunKi hyung. But still, I was always the tough one, while Jae was the fragile one. Not to mention that everything that happened to him affected me in some sort of a weird way. I guess that's what it's like when you're close to someone the way I am with JaeJoong.

I knew that he was interested in everything that was going on in my life just like I was in everything that was going on in his. We just never actually talked about it. Afterall he had Junki hyung for that and in a way, I had him too. That's why I hesitated talking about hyung and my thoughts and feelings. Normally person that I would come to first would be JunKi, but since this was about him, I decided to keep the whole thing to myself. However, it looks like I wasn't very good at it.


JaeJoong's P.O.V.


I was pretty sure Yunho didn't care about JunKi in a way my hyung would like him to. I also knew Yunho will never talk about his thoughts and feelings, the privilege of getting that kind of information from him belonged to JunKi hyung only. But lately I couldn't help but notice a change in Yunho's behaviour. I was confused and realization that hyung liked him didn't help much. I wanted to know what's going on. The two of them meant world to me. They've always been there for me, especially when I went through the hardest time of my short life. Anyway, Yunho started to act a bit strange, I didn't get all that attention he's been paying to JunKi all of a sudden. I noticed hyung acting cold and trying to avoid him, but once I found out the right reason it became clear. But Yunho... he's been giving me some trouble now. I wonder what's going on in that head of his.

I was surprised he told me he cared. I never thought he'd admit he cares about someone so easily. Let alone someone like us, JunKi and me. Of course we knew he cares about us. Actually, right now I don't know if hyung knows that. But that's the most normal thing to me. We grew up together, we've been friends for as long as we can remember. The feeling itself is there, but saying it outloud... especially Yunho... it was just weird.

Yunho has always been indoor type of person. Yeah, he might be an uhljjang and extremely outgoing around a lot of people, especially people he just met. But when it came to his feelings, his true self he was totally unreachable. No one could know what he was thinking or feeling or what he's gonna do next. Well, almost no one. Because the only person Yunho would open to was none other then Junki hyung.

I didn't say anything, but I guess Yunho could see a slight look of shock on my face. He rolled his eyes in frustration.

"What? I said I care about hyung. It's not like... new." he said.

"Umm... yeah, I know, we all care about each other... but I never heard you actually say it." I replied. Okay, maybe I was getting a wrong impression here... but why does it feel like there is something more going on here? I mean, yeah, it's probably just me wanting to help my brother now that I found out he's actually in love with this guy, but I don't know... suddenly I'm not so sure about Yunho. Can homouality be contagious?


Yunho's P.O.V.


"Yeah, well, I said it now." I replied quickly and glanced at the watch. "Let's go."

"Yeah... my car is that way." He said pointing in the opposite direction from me.

"I actually wanted to walk." Alone.

"Oh come on... Hyung is already waiting for us." He said and I didn't really have other choice then to give in.


JunKi's P.O.V.


Him again. How am I supposed to forget about him and like... move on if he's around me all the time? He spends so much time with us that sometimes I wonder why didn't he move in in the first place. Of course, that would be a terrible idea, since that way I would never be able to stop thinking about him or looking at him in any way other then what I'm looking at him like now. Sadly, chances for that to happen even now are extremely low. I don't know how I could let myself fall for him... and fall so hard... How pathetic...

"Hey, hyung, I won't come home right after school... I kind of..." JaeJoong trailed off. We were in a school hallway, on our way to lunch. I looked at him and raised my eyebrow. A playful smirk appeared on my lips.

"Have a date?" I asked still looking at him.

"Well, yeah... I'm actually not sure if it's really a date... but it looks like it." He started rambling slightly, I chuckled softly, trying not to look like I was mocking him.

"Changmin?" I asked lowering my voice a little bit. This school walls had ears.

He nodded and smiled. I smiled back and put my arm around his shoulder as we walked up to our table.


Yoochun's P.O.V.


Okay, so he didn't listen to me. To us. I turned to Junsu, who was slightly dozing off as he was leaning against the table. I wasn't sure if he was doing it on purpose or if he was truly napping. I nudged him a bit, and he glared at me.

"What?" he asked.

"You did talk to him right?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Then how do you explain that?" I asked pointing to the table in front of us. He took a quick look, then layed back down.

"Look, if you have a problem with it, then talk to him yourself." And with that he turned away from me and continued to sleep.


Junsu's P.O.V.


I wasn't sleeping at all. It just felt better not to look at anyone around me. Not Yoochun, not Yunho, not Changmin and especially not JaeJoong. I think that the only person I would be able to handle at the moment would be JunKi hyung. I glanced at him a couple of times, carefully, so no one could notice me, but he did and he just gave me a slight nod. A nod that was so full of understanding. I felt like crying right there. Like when I was just a little kid who was picked on by everyone, even his own hyung. The only person that never ever did that was JunKi. The only person that never did anything to harm me, the person who was always just there for me. The only person I felt I could lean on completely, the only person in front of whom I felt I could cry freely and laugh uncontrollably. The only person who knew my secret. Lee JunKi.


Changmin's P.O.V.


I was really nervous. JaeJoong and me were on our way to the cinema. I kept looking at him smiling. I'm nervous and confused. These feelings I'm getting are not right, I know that. But I can't help it, I think I... oh god, I can't even think about it. But damn... I... I think... I kind of... like him.

I don't care what Yoochun or Junsu say. This guy is everything but bad. Actually, Junsu never said he's bad. Just because of that stupid rivalry thing they want to keep me away from him. That's just so... ridiculous.

I feel weird. Confused, but... somehow happy. And I'm so not gonna brush that feeling off, cause it makes me feel so good. And if it feels so good... how can it be bad?


JaeJoong's P.O.V.


I smiled back at Changmin. His smile gives me butterflies. Damn, I have to control myself. But I'm not sure I'll be able to do that.

We're gonna watch 'The King and The Clown'. How appropriate, right? Yeah, well, maybe... we'll see. I'm afraid to go for it. I really don't think he'll accept me. But there is something in his smile that gives me hope. Sweet expectation. It's killing me.


Yoochun's P.O.V.


I walked into the house. It was freakishly quiet, making me wonder where is everybody. Junsu disappeared somewhere. He had a habit of doing that from time to time and well, I must say my dongsaeng never gave me trouble, so I never questioned him. I knew he'll come back in time to make dinner. If not for me, then for Changmin. Junsu has always been a great person. People might think I don't know that, I don't appreciate him enough and all, but that's not true. I know my brother, he's the sweetest person on earth. He's just so innocent and well, naive, it just makes me worry about him sometimes.

But right now, the person I'm worrying about is Changmin. Well, when I think about it I'm not sure if that's just simple worry or jealousy. I have the feeling that it's latter. Of course I don't want it to be, but I can't help it, so I'm not even gonna try. I wonder where he is now. I don't want to think about it, I want to fight it, push those thoughts out of my mind. Actually, I wish he never came here, I wish I didn't have the chance to meet him. The iest person on the earth. That adorable dork. Shim Changmin.


Changmin's P.O.V.


We finally walked into the cinema. I, of course, had a huge bag of popcorn with me. Come on, how can I survive a movie without any food? Impossible. Although, with JaeJoong next to me... miracles are possible. Right?


JaeJoong's P.O.V.


We sat down. The movie started. I couldn't concentrate on it as much as I was trying to. I kept glancing at him, resisting the urge to... damn, I can't resist it.


Changmin's P.O.V.


I was trying my best to focus on the movie. It was actually really really good. Just when it was getting more interesting, I felt an arm around my shoulders. I shivered instantly and looked at JaeJoong, but he looked like he was paying attention to the movie. When just moments ago I could feel his eyes on me. I smiled glancing back at the screen as I scooted a bit closer to him, feeling blood rushing to my head.


JaeJoong's P.O.V.


I don't know why, but I felt slightly embarrassed. Well, probably because it was my first time going out with a guy. I looked straight ahead, pretending to watch the movie, when all I wanted was to look at him. I knew I mustn't look at him though, I knew I wouldn't be able to control myself if I did. And then... who knows what can happen.


Changmin's P.O.V.


He stayed like that, but I felt his hand gently pulling me closer to him. I smiled lightly and glanced at the people around us. The cinema was practically empty and we were in the back row. I guess not a lot of people come to cinema at this hour, afterall, we came here right after school. I was actually happy that we were almost alone here. I turned to him.

"Hyung..." I started not really knowing what to say, I guess I just wanted him to look at me.

"Yeah?" he asked looking back and I smiled. We were so close and those feelings I was both happy and afraid of came to me in such an intensity... It hit me then. I was truly turning gay. I was scared to admit it to myself, but those feelings were there. They were real and I just needed one more thing to confirm them.

And as if he was reading my mind he started leaning closer to me. I stared at him for a moment, as his face was coming closer and closer to mine. For a brief second I was trying to fight myself, but it was too hard to resist it. The next thing I knew... his lips were on mine.