Chapter 17

Forbidden Desire []

JaeJoong's P.O.V.


I walked into the house. After Changmin left me I stayed there, just thinking about everything, not being able to move. I was sick of it. The whole day went so bad, the only thing that was missing to make it a complete disaster was sudden appearance of Park Yoochun. I half expected for that to happen, but luckily it didn't and I finally reached home.

I sighed as I closed the door behind me, not being able to think about me and Changmin. The day wasn't over yet, now JunKi needed me. I knew he did. So, I had to forget about myself and my own problems for tonight and be there for him.

"Hyung?" I called as I walked further into the house. It was so quiet and it sent chills down my spine. I just shook my head and headed upstairs. Afterall, I knew where I'll find him.

I knocked on the door and immediately walked in. He was sitting on his bed, with his back facing me. Well, he was more like curled up in a ball. He looked rather pathetic and I felt guilty. I felt like I should've done something to stop it all. To protect him from pain. But I knew it was foolish of me, to even think about that. I knew there was nothing I could've done.

I slowly approached him and sat down on his bed.

"Hyung..." I started softly. I didn't know how to say it, how to comfort him. He didn't even know I knew. Or did he?

He didn't react, so I put my hand on his shoulder, only making him let out a sob. He shivered and slightly pulled away from me. I guess he was ashamed and helpless. I knew he didn't want me to see him like this, but did he seriously think that he could hide from me forever?

"JunKi... it's okay." I said softly. He still didn't reply. "When did he go?" I asked. Like it mattered.

"An hour ago." He replied quietly, then let out another sob.

"You can cry, you know." I said. He suddenly turned around. I gave him a weak smile. I didn't want him to think I pity him. Although that was true. Kind of. But I also understood him and I didn't want him to suffer.

"You knew?" he asked. I nodded. "Since when?"

"Since that day I realized I'm gay. You were talking with Yunho in the kitchen and then ran into me on the way out. Anybody can see it if they look closely." I replied. He looked down.

"I can't hide it well, ha?" he said smirking as he continued to cry.

"To people who know you well... no." I replied and smiled. "But hey, it's okay." I added putting my arm around him. "You didn't tell him anything?"

"How could I?" he replied holding onto me. I felt like an older brother suddenly. I've never seen this side of JunKi before. "But... I don't think he noticed anything. Either I'm that good at pretending or he's truly in love with her." He said and finally broke down. He started crying uncontrollably and now I really didn't know what to do. I never expected to see him like this, in this miserable state. It scared me, it was like my only support in life was breaking down in front of me and there is nothing I could do. I felt so... lost.

"Hyung..." I said softly, trying to comfort him. I didn't need to say anything else, I just repeated it. I knew he needed to let it all out.


JunKi's P.O.V.


I woke up next to Jae. I smiled. My brother stayed beside me the whole night. It made me feel warm, he cared about me. We might not be real brothers, but we're closer then some real brothers are. I got up and pulled covers around him, then went downstairs. I just hoped Yunho won't come today. I didn't want to see him. It was Saturday and it was possible he'll stop by to hang out with Jae. Although... with Min Sun now... I didn't know. And I didn't want to think about it.

I walked into the bathroom and looked at the mirror. I looked... well, terrible. My eyes were swallen - you could see that I've been crying and possibly haven't slept much. Which was true. I sighed and decided not to get out of the house today. Oh well, actually... I needed to meet someone. Luckily, I didn't have to hide in front of him.

"JunKi!" I heard JaeJoong calling me. He's already up? That's weird. My brother is a world famous sleepy head. It was way too early for him.

"I'm coming." I yelled back and quickly brushed my teeth, then went out of the bathroom and into the kitchen. He was already there.

"You should've woken me up." He said.

"Why? It's too early for you. And it's Saturday." I said as I started to make a coffee. He didn't say a thing and just leaned down on the table, as if he was going to take a nap. "Maybe you should go back to bed." I said.

"No, I'm fine." He replied, lifting his head again and smiling at me.

"Okay, what's wrong?" I asked as I took some cups and started making breakfast in the process.

"Nothing... I just didn't exactly want to leave you alone." He replied looking down. I smiled.

"I'm not a baby Jae." I replied looking at him. "I'm fine."

"Okay, I know." He said smiling back at me.

"Is there something else bothering you?" I asked raising my eyebrows. He didn't look really... cheerful. And I sensed it wasn't just because of me.

"It's nothing." He said waving his hand. "So, what are we gonna do today?" he asked trying to go back to cheerful state.

"There is something. Tell me." I said sitting down beside him.

"It's not a big deal. I just had a small fight with Changmin. Nothing that can't be solved." He said quickly and smiled again.

"Not a big deal? But you're all sad. If it wasn't a big deal then you'd already call him and make up." I said worriedly.

"I'm telling you, it's gonna be okay." He said firmly. I decided not to ask anything. If he wanted to talk, he'll talk. As always. I just nodded and smiled.

"You asked about today. I have some stuff to do, but I'll be home quickly. Maybe you should call Changmin in the meantime." I winked. "Or someone else." I added quickly, noticing his facial expression. It was definitely something more serious then just a simple small fight.


Yoochun's P.O.V.


"Good morning." I said happily as I walked into the kitchen. Junsu and Changmin were already eating their breakfast and I quickly took a glass of soda, then joined them.

"Good morning." They replied and went back to eating.

"How are you?" I asked Changmin and gave Junsu a small smile, before turning my attention to our younger friend.

"Okay, I'm eating, am I?" he joked and smiled. I knew he's not completely alright, but this was something. I chuckled and started eating.

"What are you guys doing today?" Changmin asked.

"Well, I was thinking of going for a walk since it's such a great day and then... dunno, maybe to the movies or arcade or something." I replied shrugging.

"I have some stuff to do, but I'll be back home quickly. I have to make lunch and all." Junsu replied, then glared at me.

"What? It's not like I'm making you make it." I replied looking back at him. "If you want we can have lunch outside, spend some time together and all." I suggested finally. Changmin smiled and nodded.

"Okay. But as I said I have some stuff to do. You go ahead, have fun, I'll meet you... let's say around three."

"Alright. Call us to know where we are." I said finally and Junsu nodded.

I never questioned where Junsu was going. It was his right to meet whoever he wanted and do whatever he wanted. Sometimes it just felt weird. He would disappear for a couple of hours and I was simply curious, but I promised myself not to ask a thing. I didn't want him to think I'm following his every move. Especially since we could easily get into a fight. It was enough that we didn't share the same opinion in so many things. I just didn't want to bother him.


Yunho's P.O.V.


"Hey baby!" Min Sun greeted me. I smiled and gave her a kiss on the cheek. She seemed a bit disappointed, but I decided to ignore that. We started walking. I didn't know what exactly to talk about with her, since we talked endlessly over the phone last night and well, first thing I did this morning is to come over to her place.

"How was your sleep?" she asked.

"Okay." I replied. The truth was... I didn't really get much sleep last night. I just couldn't. "Yours?" I asked back.

"Oh, just great. I had a dream about you." She replied happily and gave me a big smile. I smiled back.

"Must be because we've been talking right before you went to bed." I said chuckling.

"Maybe... but I don't think it's just that." She said. I smiled again, putting my arm around her. "Is there something wrong?" she asked suddenly. Can't I cover it up?

"No, everything is great." I lied. Oh yeah, just great. Nothing was great. I was feeling sad and guilty and maybe even hurt. I don't know why. I just felt bad. And I knew it had something to do with JunKi.


JunKi's P.O.V.


Park. As always. I was leaning against a tree, waiting for Junsu.

"Hi." He said simply and I smiled.

"Hi." I replied. "Thanks for coming."

"You really don't have to thank me." He chuckled. I knew that. I just always felt like it's the right thing to do. I had so many reasons for it.

"You know that my 'thanks' to you has so many different meanings." I said.

"Of course." He replied smiling genuinely. Well, yeah, he understood it all. I bet I don't even have to talk about my problems, he'll already knows everything.

"So, Yunho found himself a girlfriend?" he asked casually. See? What have I told you?

"Yeah." I sighed.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For you having to experience that kind of... pain." He replied softly. I swallowed, trying to push back my tears.

"It's okay. I'm okay."

"No, you're not. And it's okay to feel that way."

"You sound like Jae." I said smirking, then realized what I said. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be." He replied. "Do I really sound like him?"

"Yeah. That's what he said to me yesterday."

"Oh, well... that explains it." He said more to himself as he looked away as if he was thinking about something.

"What?" I asked.

"Oh, nothing... I'll tell you later." He said looking back at me and smiled again.

"Okay." I nodded and we stopped talking for a moment.

"So... did you get any sleep at all?" he asked. "I'm sorry, but you really look awful."

I laughed. "You think I don't know that? I didn't even want to get out of the house today. I just had to meet certain someone. It's your fault people get to see me in this state." I said pouting playfully.

"Oh really... Hyung, sometimes you're acting like a big baby, more immature then any of us."

"Especially you, right?" I said raising my eyebrows.

"Of course, I'm the most mature person around here." He said shrugging casually and grinned.

"Actually, that's not so far from truth." I said somewhat sadly. Junsu got serious and looked at me. "Well, first the whole rivalry thing, then you pretending to be fine when you're not. You're hiding your feelings and always try to be reasonable and calm. I admire you for that." I said honestly.


Junsu's P.O.V.


I stared at him shocked. I never thought he would say something like that to me. Actually his words didn't surprise me, he was always open with me. I just never imagined he would feel that way. I was happy. I never noticed it, but people around me respected me and liked me. First Changmin, now JunKi. They both said so many nice things about me, it could just make me blush and feel good. I was truly happy.

"Thanks JunKi." I said smiling. "And you know that my 'thanks' to you has so many different meanings." I repeated his sentence. He chuckled and hugged me, causing me to smile again.

"Since you're so well informed, I suppose you heard about JaeJoong and Changmin fighting." He said as we pulled apart. I nodded and looked at him letting out a sigh.

"Actually, that's another thing I came to talk to you about." I replied quietly.