Chapter 20

Forbidden Desire []

Yunho's P.O.V.


"I forgot you guys know each other." I said looking from Min Sun to JaeJoong. Something was wrong there. I mean, JaeJoong looked like he wanted to kill her. What the hell? I glanced at JunKi and he looked like he knew what that was about.

"Yeah, we're old... friends." Min Sun said glancing away from JaeJoong and looking at me.

"Friends... yeah." JaeJoong smirked and shook his head a bit. "More like acquaintances. Especially after everything that happened." He muttered as he walked up to the counter and poured himself coffee. I watched him confused. He turned around and looked at Min Sun again. "So... how is Yuri?" he asked.

Yuri? His ex? How come... Min Sun knows her? I looked at her and she smiled nervously at me, then looked at Jae.

"She's... fine." She replied. "How are you?"

"Like you care." Jae snapped and smirked again. He looked... disgusted.

"JaeJoong." JunKi spoke up and looked at him in a 'she's our guest' way. Jae narrowed his eyes again.

"Can I talk to you, Yunho?" he asked and I nodded silently. For some reason I couldn't speak. I guess I was a bit shocked. I looked at Min Sun and she nodded. And then I followed JaeJoong out of the kitchen.


JaeJoong's P.O.V.


As soon as we stepped into the living room I turned to him.

"I didn't think you'd bring her here." I said.

"Well, you're my best friends, of course I wanted her to meet you." He replied looking at me. He looked confused. I knew I had to explain my behavior.

"Well, maybe it wasn't the best idea."

"I noticed." He said darkly.

"Yeah, Min Sun is Yuri's best friend." I said. "I didn't want to see her again."

"But she's my girlfriend now."

"I know Yunho. You couldn't pick any other girl? You just had to end up with her, who just happens to be Yuri's best friend. You know how hard it was for me when we broke up. I just don't need someone to remind me of her. Or that period of my life." I said.

"But I'm dating her now. It just happened that way and your problems with Yuri, that awful break-up and just everything that happened... it has nothing to do with me. Or Min Sun." he replied. I could see he was getting angry.

"Oh great. Does that mean I don't mean anything to you?" I said dramatically.

"I didn't say that."

"No, but you meant it. I don't mean anything and JunKi doesn't mean anything either, right?"


Yunho's P.O.V.


Junki? What does hyung have to do with this?

"Stop putting words into my mouth." I said raising my voice. "You know I care about you guys, but she's my girlfriend now." I repeated.

"Yeah, she means more. Someone you just met means more to you then your best friends. You're really something." He replied angrily.

"JaeJoong. That is so not true and you know it." I said angrily as well. He managed to ruin my mood and pi$$ me off at the same time. The two of us never fought and to fight over something like this... was it worth it? I don't know, but at that moment I knew JaeJoong wasn't right and I didn't want to let him win.

"That is true. Min Sun wouldn't do something like that for you, I'm telling you." He replied and I could feel the anger boiling inside of me.

"You're talking nonsense. First of all, I'm not choosing her over you guys and even if I did I'm sure she would do the same thing for me." I replied trying to calm myself, but it didn't work. "Why can't you let me be happy? You have Changmin, I found myself someone for the first time and damn... what is your problem?"

"Happy? You're happy now?" he replied smirking again. I hated that nasty smirk of his. It made him look like such a bastard. And at this moment he was.

"Yes I am."

"You're truly happy with her?"

"Yeah."

"You don't even know what happiness is Yunho." He said.

"And you do?"

"Of course. I was happy. With Yuri." He added quietly. I remained silent for a moment as I looked at him. Was he not happy with Changmin?

"Whatever. You're bringing her up again?"

"Well, you're the one who caused me to think about her now. You're the one with a girlfriend who's her best friend. You're the one who keeps hurting people around you." He said angrily again. That last sentence confused me and hurt me, but I decided to ignore it.

"Well, fine. Since you can't stand my girlfriend that much I'll save you the pain of spending time with her." I replied angrily and walked out of the room and into the kitchen.

I smiled at JunKi weakly and looked at Min Sun.

"We're going." I said shortly and gave her a small smile, before taking her hand. "I'm sorry JunKi." I said turning to him and he nodded sadly. The next thing I knew I was outside the house, with Min Sun next to me.

"I'm sorry." I said quietly.

"It's okay. You didn't know." She replied softly. "Well, I didn't know either. When I saw JaeJoong I thought that maybe he'll forget everything that happened in the past and that we'll be able to be friends."

I nodded and sighed. Well, it looked like JaeJoong wasn't ready for that. I was disappointed. And I felt bad. I've never had a fight with JaeJoong before, I felt extremely bad. There was also something he said that made me confused and I couldn't help but ask myself over and over again. Who am I hurting that much? And am I truly happy?


JunKi's P.O.V.


I watched JaeJoong walk into the kitchen and sit down across from me. I didn't know what to say to him and I knew he didn't feel like talking either. We sat like that for some time.

"Was that really necessary?" I asked.

"Yeah. That was the only way for me to make them leave." He said quietly and then looked back at me. "And stop you from hurting."

He did it for me? I was surprised. I stood up.

"Nothing can stop me from hurting. Because it's not Yunho or Min Sun who's hurting me, I don't need them, I hurt myself." I replied quietly and walked out of the kitchen.


JaeJoong's P.O.V.


The whole week passed since we had that fight. Yunho hasn't tried to make up and I on the other hand tried to ignore him as much as possible. It was better that way. Anything to stop JunKi from suffering. He might be hurting, but he'd be hurting much more if he had to see Yunho coming over every single day. I miss my best friend, of course I do. But I'm trying to make myself busy, I'm seeing Changmin a lot more and well, I'm just trying to keep my mind off Yunho.

"You're thinking about him." Changmin said suddenly and I looked down at him. He was laying down, on the couch, with his head in my lap. I smiled sadly.

"You know I do."

"Why don't you make up already? You're being stubborn. And I don't think it helps JunKi either." He said.

"Still... he's better without him around." I replied quietly, although I had the feeling Changmin was right.

"I think you're hurt too." Changmin said. I looked at him a bit weirdly.

"Well, yeah, I get not to see my best friend. I miss him."

"That's not what I meant. I think you're hurt because he kind of rejects JunKi. Although he's not even aware of that. The point is, he's rejecting the Kim hotness and that makes you feel... offended." He concluded and grinned looking at me. I laughed.

"Oh very funny. JunKi is not even a Kim."

"That's beside the point." He continued to tease me.

"How can it be? We're not blood related... although we really look like brothers. How weird is that?"

"You're brothers. No one can tell that you're not blood related." Changmin shrugged. "Besides, you grew up together, you've been living together for as long as you guys can remember... I heard that people start to look alike after so many years of living together." He nodded and smiled.

"Oh, so does that mean that I'm gonna look like you after some time?" I asked smiling brightly.

"Only if I get some of your hotness in return." He said winking. I laughed and leaned down to kiss him.

I enjoyed the time I was spending with Changmin. But the feeling wasn't complete. I was constantly missing something. I don't know what it was, I just felt like there is something that's waiting for me and I desperately need it. Something else, something more. Or is it someone?


Changmin's P.O.V.


I know JaeJoong wants JunKi to be happy. But he can't just have a fight with Yunho and push him away. It's not gonna change anything. JunKi is hurting and that's it. Sometimes I wonder if there's more to it. Maybe JaeJoong was still hurt because of Yuri. Maybe he didn't want to admit it, but Min Sun's presence might really bug him. Every time I asked him about his ex-girlfriend he avoided the subject. I decided not to ask anything, but clearly he still has trouble talking about it.

I walked into the house. I spent the whole day with JaeJoong. Junsu and Yoochun might have been worried. Last time I came back late Yoochun was waiting for me to lecture me. Like I'm some little kid. It annoys me, but at the same time it proves that he cares about me. That thought itself makes me smile and feel... loved? Why do I want Yoochun to love me?


Yoochun's P.O.V.


"You're home." I said giving him a small smile. He nodded.

"What are you doing?" he asked walking up to me.

"Making dinner for me. Want some?"

"No thanks. Where is Junsu?" he asked looking around. He must have been surprised that it was me making the dinner.

"I don't know. I think he went for a walk or something." I replied shrugging. "Did you have fun?" I asked looking at him. He nodded again.

"Yeah, it was a nice day."

"Good." I said quietly and frowned a little bit. I wanted him to have fun. But with JaeJoong? It still hurt.


Junsu's P.O.V.


"Hey guys! I brought some..." I stopped as I saw Yoochun cutting some vegetables. "... food." I finished, then sighed. "What are you doing?"

"Making dinner." He said and gave me a 'what do you think I'm doing?' look.

"No, you're not. That's my job." I said simply and opened the fridge to leave some stuff that I bought.

"Well, you weren't here. How am I supposed to know that you'll be back before we starve?"

"As you can see I came back. And you two seem perfectly healthy and far from starving." I replied. "Besides, when have I left you without making some food?" He didn't say anything. "Okay, now move." I said pushing him away gently and took his place.

"Junsu... where are you going when you just disappear like that?" Yoochun suddenly asked me. I froze.

"I just go for a walk, think about stuff..." I replied, remaining calm.

"What stuff?"

"Just... what's going on around me." I said shrugging.

"And that's what?"

"Will you stop questioning me?" I asked turning around. "School, friends, your stupid rivalry... Satisfied?" I practically yelled.

"Okay... chill." Yoochun replied taking a step back and raising his hands a bit. "Sorry I asked."

"Sorry I snapped." I replied quietly and turned back to making dinner.


Yoochun's P.O.V.


He's hiding something. He's definitely hiding something. I'll find out sooner or later Junsu, I know I will.


JunKi's P.O.V.


"Hyung?" JaeJoong called me and I looked away from the tv as he walked into the room.

"Yeah?"

"I wanted to ask you something last week and then just... stuff happened. So, I kind of forgot." He started. I waited for him to continue. "Changmin told me you told him everything and that's how he knew he was wrong. That's why we made up." He said. "But... how did you know?"

I watched him as I was trying to think quickly. I didn't know if it was safe to say that Changmin told me, but it was my only chance. I couldn't possibly tell him Junsu did. So, I decided to take that risk.

"Well, Changmin told me." I said and gave him a small smile.

"Oh, okay. That's what I thought." Jae nodded and went out of the room.


JaeJoong's P.O.V.


Yeah, I did think that. But it still sounds a bit unbelievable. But hey, hyung wouldn't lie to me. Would he?