Chapter 12

Forbidden Desire []

JunKi's P.O.V.


I don't know what happened. Yunho suddenly acts so cold around me. It bothers me, but if that means that we won't spend much time alone then I'm fine with it. I need to forget him somehow. I know it's gonna be hard. Extremely hard. But nothing is impossible, right?

This morning I've decided to take JaeJoong's car. And leave before him. Yunho probably came by as every morning, to go to school together. I wanted to avoid that. So, I woke up really early, made breakfast for Jae and quickly sneaked out of the house. I had like... an hour before school and I just went for a ride. I needed to clear my mind. And enjoy my morning for once. I haven't in such a long time, ever since I realized I liked Yunho. Every morning became a small torture for me, he managed to be the first person I see every morning. Yes, the first. Since JaeJoong is a lazy @ss, by the time he comes downstairs Yunho is already in the kitchen with me, waiting for him. Well, this morning, I did what it took to change that.

While I was driving around the block I spotted a familiar slim figure passing by. I smiled and stopped the car, then called out for him.

"Changminah!"


Changmin's P.O.V.


I turned around and smiled at JunKi. I walked over to his car.

"Hey JunKi." I greeted him cheerfully and he smiled.

"Come on, I'll drive you to school." He replied. Well, yeah, I guess we're going there together.

I stepped into the car and he started the engine again.


JunKi's P.O.V.


"So, what's up? How do you like it here so far?" I asked. I was curious. We haven't really talked much and I wanted to get to know him. He's dating my dongsaeng afterall.

"I love it." He replied and I must have made a weird facial expression since he quickly added. "I really do." I chuckled. "Yeah, I mean, people are cool... well, most of them. And JaeJoong is great." He continued. I smiled, it felt slightly weird to talk to my brother's boyfriend about him, but I guess I'll have to get used to that.

"Yeah, I know... he can be a brat sometimes, though." I joked. "To tell you the truth I didn't think you'll like our school." I added. "You know... because of the whole rivalry going on."

He remained silent for a moment, then sighed.

"Yeah, that's really stupid." He finally said. I nodded, keeping my eyes on the road. "You have never been a part of it right?" he asked looking at me.

"Of course not." I said smiling. "I tried to talk to JaeJoong and make him apologize, try to get it over with... but those boys are just too stubborn." I paused. "I feel bad for Junsu, he has never been a part of it, he was dragged into it." I added quietly. That was a part of the reason I was always there for Junsu. I had to stick by his side, we were in this together in some weird, twisted and absolutely wrong way. But then again, something good came out of that rivalry - thanks to that I had my best friend, it brought me and Junsu closer. That and something else.

Changmin listened to me as if he was trying to comprehend what I was saying. I guess he didn't think Jae would be so stubborn to continue with this thing.

"When I think about it... everyone are trying to figure out whose fault was it in the first place. But they're equally guilty. Jae for starting it - as much as Junsu tries to prove that Yoochun did, it's not true. If Jae didn't hit Junsu nothing would happen, the fight would end there and that would be it. Or Yoochun, for being so stubborn and proud. Maybe even jealous. JaeJoong has always been better then him, everyone considered him better, even Junsu looked up at him before Yoochun. Or was it Yunho, keeping mocking, fighting, going on with it and actually finding satisfaction in it? I can't say, I really think that they're all equally guilty. If there was just one of them who at some point came to his senses, this thing wouldn't last this long. Nor turn into something this nasty. Junsu and I... we couldn't do anything." I said quietly. It was more like talking to myself. I've been thinking about it a lot and well... Changmin needed to know that.


Changmin's P.O.V.


There wasn't much to say. I understood JunKi. I mean, I heard the whole story from Junsu, but JunKi kind of explained it to me, it became clear all of the sudden.

"Thanks JunKi." I said smiling as I opened the car door and stepped out, walking into the school.


JaeJoong's P.O.V.


"What happened to you?" Changmin asked me with a worried look on his face.

"Nothing." I replied. "We'll talk later." I added quickly. I didn't want him to ask unnecessary questions. He didn't need to know everything. Oh well, he'll find out anyway. But what really bugged me now was that he was living with Park idiots and he didn't tell me a thing. I didn't like it. I didn't like it at all. Especially the fact that one of them was a bastard. Just great.


Changmin's P.O.V.


Something happened. I know that. He must've gotten into a fight because of me. I wouldn't be surprised Yoochun caused this all. Now I have the feeling Jae is mad at me. I don't know, I just feel weird.

I glanced at Yoochun and Junsu. Junsu looked at me and shook his head sadly. I felt guilt hitting me. But why? Why do I have to be in the middle of it all. It's stupid, it was even before I came, now it's even worse.

My eyes met Yoochun's. He glared. I guess he's angry. Correction - still angry. Well, when is he not?

I sighed and looked back at hyung. I reached over and placed my hand on top of his, causing him to look at me. I became aware of the whispers all of the sudden.

"Did you see that?"

"Oh no... Changminnie is gay too?"

"Are they dating?"

"Hyerim saw them kissing in the cinema yesterday."

Oh, so they saw us. Surprisingly, I don't mind. I smiled at JaeJoong. He smiled back, but it wasn't as cheerful and bright as yesterday. Something definitely happened. And I'm gonna find out what.


Yunho's P.O.V.


"Yunho! Wait." JaeJoong called me. I turned around.

"Hey." I said. "What's up?"

"Oh nothing... much... usual stuff." He replied. I noticed a bruise on his face.

"Park Yoochun?" I asked. He nodded.

"I already said... usual stuff."

"What happened?" I asked. I could see something was troubling him, he was slightly worried.

"Well, actually... he told me Changmin lives with them."

I nearly chocked on my milkshake as I widened my eyes at him.

"What? Seriously?"

"I don't think he'd lie. I mean, he knows I can easily ask Changmin." He said shrugging. "I don't know. I want to talk to him about it, but it's a bit hard, don't you think?"

"Yeah... but you have to talk to him about it. Why didn't he tell you?" I said.

"Exactly. That's what I want to ask him. I mean, seriously... my boyfriend is living with my worst enemies. That's like... the worst thing ever." He said exaggerating a little bit. Park bit.ches were our enemies, but Changmin living with them didn't have to mean anything.

"What? Boyfriend?" I asked shocked. "Am I missing something here?"

He chuckled. I knew what that chuckle means.

"Well... haven't you heard the rumours?"

"They are true?" I asked even more shocked. They've been making out in the cinema? Woah, that Shim Changmin had some guts. Jae simply nodded, then started walking away.

"I'll see ya later Yunho! Thanks." He called leaving me there... I wonder where JunKi hyung is... Does he know about this?


Junsu's P.O.V.


Roof. I knew I'll find JunKi here. I stood still, looking at him in front of me for a couple of moments. He looked like he's been deep in his thoughts, he didn't even notice me standing behind him.

"Hyung..." I started, wanting to break the silence. He turned around.

"Oh hey." He replied trying to smile.

"What's with that pity attempt of a smile?" I asked joking. I didn't feel like joking and I knew he didn't either, but I had to try.

"Yunho's... cold." He said. The statement was weird, but I understood what he meant. I nodded.

"How does that make you feel?"

"Easier... free... miserable." He whispered the last word and I nodded again. I hated just nodding, without saying anything, it made me feel like people would think I don't care just because I have nothing to say.


JunKi's P.O.V.


He understood as always. And I just needed him to listen. So, yeah, I should be satisfied, I let it out again. But damn, I'm so desperate. I looked at him, I was actually screaming for help, but no one could hear me. Except Junsu of course. Doubting that was out of the question.


Junsu's P.O.V.


I hated not being able to talk, although we didn't need to talk in order to understand each other. I simply hugged him and we stayed like that for a couple of moments. Until I heard him whisper.

"Thank you."


Yoochun's P.O.V.


I walked home, trying not to think about Changmin. I was trying not to pay attention to those feelings. At least not at the moment. I had to think about it all first, make some sort of a plan to break them apart. Yeah, right... everybody knows that I at planning things. I'm just dumb like that. But there must be a way to push JaeJoong away from Changmin. And I'm gonna find it.


JunKi's P.O.V.


"How are you?" I asked. We were still standing on the roof, but I calmed down and realized how selfish I was for these past couple of days.

"Fine." Junsu replied shrugging.

"Are you sure?" I asked again. This conversation has been going on over and over again. It was funny how we always asked the same questions and replied to them the same way. I guess many years of friendship did that to us.

"Yeah. I'm surprised I am." He said smiling.

"But... you heard, right?" I hesitated to ask him. Most fragile subject. I was afraid Junsu will break down any time now. I had to be careful, I didn't want my best friend to shutter into pieces because of me and my dumb questions.

"Mmhmm." He nodded. "There is nothing I could do. Nor I want to. It's none of my business."

"You're hurting." I stated looking down. If only I could help him. He didn't say a thing. Proving that I'm right. I sighed.

"It'll pass." He lied to himself. Exactly like I did. He even gave me a smile. It was painful... but I smiled back.