Chapter 13

Forbidden Desire []

Changmin's P.O.V.


I waited for JaeJoong to pick up his stuff and walk home with me. I smiled as he approached me, but he again had a serious expression on his face. It bothered me, but I remained quiet. He said we'll talk, so I decided to wait patiently for that to happen.

However, we kept walking in silence. It bothered me more and more with every step we made, but I kept looking straight ahead of me, without saying a word. Finally we reached my street and JaeJoong stopped walking. I did the same and looked at him.

"Why didn't you tell me you live with Park brothers?" he asked. I was a bit surprised he knew, but then again, it wasn�t something I was hiding. Just... I never hang out with Yoochun and Junsu in school, so people didn't see any possible connection between us.

"I don't know... I didn't think it's important." I said honestly.

"What do you mean? Of course it's important. Especially since you're..." he hesitated. I waited to see what's he gonna say. "... dating me." I smiled a bit.

"It doesn't matter who I live with." I repeated.

"How can you say that? I mean... they're like... we despise each other." He said and I felt my heart racing. I might be mad at Yoochun, I might be fighting with him all the time, but we're still friends. Some kind of weird friends, but still... Not to mention Junsu, he's just such a sweetheart, and JaeJoong here is telling me he despises them.

"Don't talk like that about them." I said seriously. "Their parents and my parents are best friends, so my parents sent me to live with them. I'm grateful for that." I added. I truly was. Also, Junsu welcomed me like I was a part of the family, like their home is my home. I've never felt more comfortable and at ease like I did that day I came to Seoul. JaeJoong could say what he wants, but I'll never forget that.


JaeJoong's P.O.V.


Is he taking their side now? I can't believe it.

"You're on their side?" I just had to ask.

"You and your stupid rivalry. I'm not choosing sides. You made a big thing out of some stupid childhood game." He replied. "There are no sides in this, at least not for me."

"It doesn't work that way." I said. He started to pi$$ me off. "And you're my boyfriend, you should be with me. You don't even spend time with them, I mean, you don't even know them all that good. Trust me, if you did you wouldn't be saying this."

"Are you kidding me?" he laughed. "I know you for a couple of days. What makes you think I don't know them better?" he was right, but I had to bluff. "Yoochun might not be the smoothest person ever, but he still is caring and he welcomed me into his house. Junsu on the other hand is the sweetest person I've ever met. I really don't get why you're so stubborn about all this."

As he described Park idiots to me I felt anger building up. I knew I won't be able to control myself soon. So I decided to find a way to calm myself down. I chose to ignore Changmin's words.

"So, you're not planning to move out of that house?" I asked.

"Move out?" He smirked. "Of course not. I don't have reason for that."

"You don't have reason for that?" I asked unbelievingly. "I thought I meant something to you."

"What is that supposed to mean?" he asked looking into my eyes. I didn't really mean to say that, but I guess I reached the point of no return. I didn't want to answer that. Noticing me hesitate he smirked again. "I can't believe this. That house is my home now. I don't care if you have a problem with that. You can't control where I'm gonna live or who I'm gonna hang out with." He said. I stared at him. I was still angry, both at him and myself. I said too much, I knew I went too far. "I'll see you when you come to your senses." He said and turned away from me.


JunKi's P.O.V.


I heard door slamming shut and a moment later Jae appeared at the kitchen door.

"What happened?" I asked looking at him. By the look on his face I could tell he was furious.

"Did you know Changmin lives with Parks?" he asked.

"How was I supposed to know that?" I asked. I usually did know what was going on in Junsu's house, but I guess he forgot to tell me. That actually surprised me, those were some big news. I was really surprised, Changmin staying with them just made things more complicated.

"Well, he does." He said. Okay, I got it... but what happened? He didn't get in another fight right? I looked closely at his face. Of course he did. Yoochun wasn't gentle.

"You and Yoochun had a little encounter?" I asked smirking a bit. I didn't mean to do so, but I didn't really care either. JaeJoong knew my opinion.

He scoffed in return. "I don't care about that bit.ch. He can cause fights as much as he wants." He replied.

"Then I guess you had a talk with Changmin." I assumed further. Something must have caused him to be this angry.

"Bingo." He replied sarcastically and sat down, then buried his face into his hands.

"It was that bad?" I asked. They just started dating and they were already fighting?

"I said something I didn't mean to say." He said simply.

"Big mouth of yours, ha? I kept telling you to watch what you're saying. Because of you not being careful we got in all this mess in the first place." I said. I didn't mean to lecture him, but somehow I always ended up like that, he got used to it by now.

"Thanks umma, I didn't know." He said rolling his eyes. "But if you're referring to how everything started, then I must disagree. I might've been a jerk that day, but Yoochun was the one who continued with it." Yeah, this conversation has always been pointless. He never listened to me when it came to their rivalry, eventually I gave up even starting conversation about it.

"Okay, so this thing with Changmin..." I went back to the point.

"I don't know. I'll have to apologize." He said shrugging. "I acted a little bit... possessive."

I nodded. I guess we were done with that subject. I looked at Jae. There was something I wanted to ask him. I couldn't bring myself to do it, but I was slightly worried. Okay, a lot.

"Hey, have you seen Yunho today?" I asked, shifting a bit uncomfortably. I didn't like to talk about Yunho with Jae, it made me feel like he�ll figure it out. But I couldn't keep it inside. I wanted to know what's going on with him. Maybe he told Jae. But then again, if he did and if it was something involving me, I guess Jae won't tell me. Oh well, I could ask.


JaeJoong's P.O.V.


JunKi, why are you asking about him? Why are you going on with this? I watched him. I could tell he was debating if he should ask or not and I knew he didn't feel comfortable talking about that with me. He didn't know I already knew. Maybe it's better if we don't talk about it.

"Yeah, I saw him at school." I nodded. "Hey where did you disappear this morning?" I asked.

"I just wanted to go for a ride before school." He shrugged. More like avoid meeting Yunho. Am I right JunKi?

"Well, that was nice of you. I had to walk to the school all alone. And meet Park Yoochun on my way." I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

"What do you mean all alone? I thought Yunho will stop by, like he always does." He replied raising his eyebrows.

"Yeah, well, he didn't." I replied looking at hyung. Something was going on here. Did I miss something?


JunKi's P.O.V.


He didn't come? Something really is going on. He's avoiding me. But why? I didn't do anything. Of course, it's better if I don't see him, maybe I'll be able to move on. But damn... it's bugging me now. I don't remember I did something wrong, something to make him mad at me... or to make him want to avoid me. I don't understand.


JaeJoong's P.O.V.


I watched as hyung drifted off to his thoughts. I wondered myself why Yunho didn't come, but I was so caught up with Changmin that I quickly forgot about it. But now when I put it together... JunKi leaving house early, Yunho not showing up... I don't know. Did something happen yesterday?

I decided to break the silence.

"Why are you asking about Yunho?" I asked. "I mean, did you guys get into a fight or something?" I added. "Did you get up earlier and went out because you didn't want to meet him?" I didn't care. I had to ask. I didn't want to say I knew about his feelings towards Yunho, but I could ask this. It didn't mean anything.


JunKi's P.O.V.


"No, we didn't have a fight... why would I be avoiding him? It's not like everything I do involves Yunho." I replied. Yeah, it definitely sounded strange. And I was nervous. I didn't want to show it, but it was stronger then me. I didn't want Jae to know I'm in love with his best friend. And he clearly was suspicious already. Well, I couldn't blame him, I've been acting weirdly lately. But Yunho did too. Jae must have been confused.

"Okay." He said slowly, eyeing me carefully. I knew he wanted to understand what's going on with me and sometimes I had impression that he knew all along. He would just have that look on his face sometimes. The look Junsu gave me when he found out my secret. He wouldn't say it. But I knew.


Changmin's P.O.V.


I tried hard to control myself with every sentence that went out of my mouth. As I left JaeJoong behind me I quickly reached my house and went inside. Luckily no one was home yet, so I quickly went upstairs and into my room. I needed some peace to think about it all.

I quickly took a shower, got dressed and layed down on my bed. The shower relaxed me, but I was still thinking about everything JaeJoong said to me. It was repeating in my head over and over again. I couldn't believe this rivalry got that far. They couldn't stand each other. And now it feels like they're fighting over me. Like I'm some stupid thing they need to win over, because it'll make them stronger or something.

I don't know, if JaeJoong cares about me then why did he say those things? Why was he making me choose? You don't do that to someone you like. I mean, he's being a little possessive. Actually, reminds me of someone.

I sighed. I wanted to stop thinking about it, go to sleep and just forget about it all until tomorrow. So I did. I drifted off to sleep. But it didn't last that long.

As I woke up and glanced at the clock it was only 7:20 pm. I got up, not really feeling like leaving the bed, but I was hungry. Knowing Junsu, he must have made something delicious. And to think JaeJoong wanted me to leave that. Not in a million years.


Yoochun's P.O.V.


"Junsu, is Changmin home?" I asked as I walked into the house and further, into the kitchen.

"Yeah, he was already here when I came back. I peeked into his room, he's sleeping." Junsu replied. I smiled. Well, at least he wasn't with Kim Jerk. "Why are you so happy?" he asked looking at me. I must have had a happy grin on my face.

"Oh nothing. I had a nice day." I said shrugging and went to the bathroom.

When I came back Changmin was already in the kitchen, talking to Junsu. I stepped in and sat across from him. Junsu turned his attention to the food he was setting on the table, in front of us.

"You're up." I said smiling at him, but he gave me a look. More like a glare. I shut up, deciding that it's probably not a good time for talking. He looked pi$$ed. But as much as I wanted this evening to go smoothly and without a fight, I guess it was impossible.


Changmin's P.O.V.


"When are you planning to leave me alone?" I asked trying to keep myself calm. He looked at me confused. "Don't act all innocent, you know what I'm talking about." I added and looked away from him, grabbing chopsticks and putting some food into my mouth. This was great, as always and I smiled at Junsu. The boy was making heavenly food.

"If you're referring to this morning incident, then I can't promise you anything. It started long before you came into our lives and now that you're here I'm not planning to stop it." He replied smirking a bit. I swallowed my food and glared at him, but he glanced away at his plate and stuck food into his mouth.

"Yeah, I'm referring to that and something else." I replied, then glanced at Junsu. He had somewhat of a panic expression. I looked back at Yoochun. "Why did you tell him I live with you guys?"

"I wasn't supposed to?" he asked back. "Is that some kind of secret?" Uh oh, he was getting mad. "Are you embarrassed to live with Park brothers? Is that it?"

"No, that's not it. I never said that." I said raising my voice in order to stop him from talking. "I would never say something like that. This is my home too... I..." I trailed off. I looked at Junsu again. He was looking at me and it kind of gave me strength to continue. "I've never felt more welcomed anywhere then I feel here." I finished, then looked back at Yoochun. "Don't think it's because of you. It's all thanks to Junsu. If it wasn't for him I would leave." I added shooting him a glare.


Junsu's P.O.V.


I was touched by his words. I wanted him to feel like he's a part of our family and I guess I succeeded in that. If only Yoochun could be nicer to him. And to JaeJoong.

I smiled at Changmin, then looked back at Yoochun and finally looked back at my plate, deciding to mind my own business. Silence filled the kitchen for a couple of moments, but my stupid brother decided to break it again. Of course.


Yoochun's P.O.V.


"So... trouble in paradise?" I asked smirking. It hurt me to hear that he was staying in our house just because of Junsu, but at least he wasn't planning to leave. Changmin looked at me again. If looks could kill I'd be dead by now.

"When are you gonna learn not to into other people's business?" he asked in a low voice.

"If you are one of those people, then never." I replied with a broad smile. For some reason I was happy. I might be mean, but he clearly had problems with JaeJoong and it made me satisfied. Junsu looked at me sadly. I had the feeling my donsaeng pitied me. Oh, who cares... I was satisfied.

"You must be happy, right?" Changmin said again.

"Why, yes, I am." I replied honestly. "Kim Jerk is not good enough for you."

"His name is Kim JaeJoong. And I'll decide if he's good or not good enough. He's better then you anyway."

"Ouch, that hurt..." I replied pretending to be offended. "Poor Changmin, he's in denial. I can help you with that." I said winking playfully.


Changmin's P.O.V.


What is that supposed to mean? God, I can't stand him. And I'm supposed to live with him. I rolled my eyes, not wanting to talk anymore. Maybe ignoring him would be a smart thing to do. I quickly finished my meal and smiled at Junsu one more time.

"Thanks." I said to him. Poor guy, he had to put up with his dumb hyung all the time. I stood up and went upstairs, not even looking at Yoochun. He didn't deserve one look from me.


Yoochun's P.O.V.


"Yep, as I said, trouble in paradise." I smirked taking another bite of my food. I looked at Junsu grinning happily. He, in return, just shook his head sadly and picked up his and Changmin's plates. I didn't care what he was thinking. JaeMin relationship was starting to fall apart and that was all that mattered.