Chapter 5

Forbidden Desire []

JunKi's P.O.V.


Lunch, at last! I'm sick of classes. Today is just not my day. I couldn't pay attention to anything. I kept thinking about Yunho. I acted like a jerk yesterday. Maybe I should apologize to him. Why did I think that he'd leave Jae just because he's gay. They've been friends since diapers. You can't leave a friend just like that.

Of course I know why I did it. I needed a way to push him away from me. That was my only perfect opportunity and I decided to use it. But now, I'm feeling even more miserable then before.

I walked up to Jae's table. Hey, who do we have here?

"Changmin?"

"Oh Junki, hi!" he greeted me happily. I smiled.

"You guys know each other?" Jae asked surprised.

"Yeah, we met yesterday." I replied. "Jae is my little dongsaeng." I said sitting next to JaeJoong and hugging him playfully. He pushed me away. Changmin chuckled as he watched us. He was clearly amused.

"Stop it hyung." Jae said pretending to be disgusted.

"Oh come on, what's wrong? I heard you had a little confession. The whole school is talking about it. You outshined me, and I'm supposed to be the kingka." I joked.

"Outshining you is not such a difficult task." That voice. I didn't expect him to talk to me. Not after what I said yesterday. I looked at him.

"Can we talk?" he asked. I nodded and stood up, then followed him, away from the crowd.


Yunho's P.O.V.


I stopped and turned around to look at JunKi. We were on the roof of the school. This was my chill out place. And I knew it was JunKi's too. He glanced around. Everywhere but at me. Was he feeling uncomfortable? Because of me? Must be because of what happened yesterday. I still don't get it. I want some answers. That's why we're here now.

"So, what happened with you yesterday?" I asked. Actually, it wasn't just yesterday. I wanted to ask him what's going on in general, but for now yesterday will be enough.

"Oh, I... I'm sorry about that." He replied still not looking at me. It annoyed me. He annoyed me so much lately, I couldn't stand it.

"Will you look at me? You haven't looked at me in what seems like years." I said raising my voice again. He gave me a weird look. Maybe that didn't come out right.


JunKi's P.O.V.


You noticed? I thought I was good at hiding it. I never wanted you to see it. But I think I'm not as smooth as I thought I was. I don't know what to tell you Yunho. What I want to tell you you wouldn't want to hear, trust me. But other then that... we have nothing to talk about.

"I'm looking at you." I replied calmly. I think it annoyed him even more. That's all I'm capable to do. Annoy him. He must hate me now. Probably also because I'm his best friend's hyung and he has to put up with me. I'm always around. Well, that's the point. I wanted to push you away jerk, why are you still here?


Yunho's P.O.V.


I was looking at him. He was looking back. We remained silent. I was waiting for something, I don't know what. I also felt like I was looking at him for the first time in my life. And there was something in his eyes, some hint of pain. I didn't like it. Simply because that was the only thing I didn't want to see there. I hated seeing him hurt.

He was always so strong. He was smart, responsible and reasonable. He amazed me with his ability to always be there. For Jae, for me, for everyone. It looked like he was happy all the time, like he didn't need a thing as long as we had everything. And his look used to be so soothing. It was enough to look at him and I'd instantly feel better. What happened?

I guess that was what I was trying to read in his eyes. But he never let me. He would always look away. Don't look away now JunKi. Please, don't.

But he did. And he started walking away. I couldn't let that happen.


JunKi's P.O.V.


Exposed. That's what I felt like. and vulnerable. Standing in front of him and letting him look at me. What I have become. I don't want to disappoint you Yunho, but you wanted to look at me, so here I am, look now. Make it quick, since I definitely won't be staying long. Not like this, can't you see it's hurting me?

It's enough. I'm going. Don't stop me. Don't.

Why? Why couldn't you let me go? Why did you have to look at me?


Yunho's P.O.V.


Now that I've seen him I don't want to stop looking. I want to be there for him. Like he used to be there for me. He didn't have to do anything, I just knew he's there. He doesn't have to speak, I just need to look at him. And I need to see him look back at me.

When he turned around I grabbed his wrist and pulled him into a hug. I felt him struggling for a moment, but soon he gave up. I was happy he did, but at the same time, it happened too fast. What happened to the strong hyung that I used to know? He'd never let anyone see him like this. Let alone comfort him. It was always the other way around. Let me be there for you, that's all I'm asking for.


JunKi's P.O.V.


I want to let go. I didn't expect him to hug me. I... I don't know what to do now. So I hugged him back. And relaxed. I know I'm gonna end up even more hurt after this, but I... can't. Why can't we just stay like this? Why can't you love me?


JaeJoong's P.O.V.


I watched him talk. He was so... different. Happy. Full of life. Something I haven't been for a while. I enjoyed watching him, he actually reminded me of my old self. I was just like him, before she came into my life. But that's over now. And I'm not gonna look back.

Changmin is... I don't know, just looking at him makes me feel so good. My life is changing and he's here now. Doesn't that mean something? I really like him. Maybe... just maybe... I can make him mine.


Changmin's P.O.V.


I had so much fun today! I knew this was the right thing to do. I already made friends. JaeJoong is such a cool guy. Not to mention that Junki's his hyung. So awesome. Yunho seems nice too, but we really didn't have a chance to talk. But since he's JaeJoong's best friend I guess he can't be bad. He looks like a player though, all those girls running after him and all. I still didn't quiet get used to that. Although, a couple of girls were asking about me. Wow, is that popularity in the air? For little old me? I can't believe it.

I was looking for Junsu and Yoochun during the lunch, but they disappeared somewhere. I haven't seen them all day. I guess I'll talk to them when I come home. This day is like... the best day in my life. I was hoping it to be good, but this went beyond my expectations.


Junsu's P.O.V.


"Junsu!" I heard Yoochun coming into the house.

"I'm here... as usual." I added the last part quietly, sometimes I feel like I don't have to say where I am. He'll check kitchen first and he usually finds me here anyway. My hyung is dumb sometimes. Or just acts like it. I still haven't figured out which one of those is true. Pathetic, right?

"Oh, there you are." Duh, of course. "I want to talk to you." Like serious talk? Am I in trouble? "About Changmin." Oh, you got me scared for a moment there.

"Shoot."

"Yah, can we like have a normal talk? Without you admiring your precious food in between my sentences?" he asked glaring at me. What's his problem?

"May I remind you that you're the one who enjoys my precious food?" I said looking back at him. "What's the matter? Someone interrupted your beauty sleep in school?" Yep, if he expected for me not to mock his little slip from the other day, he was wrong.

"Shut up and come here."

"What? Now? Come on, I'm almost done here." I whined.

"Drop that, we'll eat something else if that's the problem."

You're kidding me right? Did I hear you well? What's the matter with the world? Has it turned upside down? First JaeJoong coming out of the closet, in which by the way I didn't even know he was, now Yoochunnie gives up my precious dinner? Should I be afraid? Nothing good will come out of this, I swear. I couldn't move. I just stared at him.

"Fine, no dinner for you tonight. Changmin has big enough appetite for both him and you." I finally said putting away the pot and following Yoochun into the living room. He just glared at me. Again. I rolled my eyes.

End of Junsu's P.O.V.


Junsu sat down on the couch and Yoochun stood in front of him.

"Okay, well, I guess you noticed Changmin sits next to JaeJoong." Yoochun started. Junsu rolled his eyes.

"Tell me something I don't know." He replied. "Wait, before you do that, yes, I noticed that he's been hanging around with him, they talked during lunch. Actually, it looked like JaeJoong doesn't want to let go of him." He added quickly. "If that's what you wanted to tell me, I'm pretty well informed as you can see. I have eyes too, you know." He said. "Now can I go back to kitchen?" he whined in the end.

"No." Yoochun replied shortly and looked at Junsu like he's out of his mind. "You say you know all that and you don't care? Kim bastard and Jung idiot are our... rivals. That's like betraying a family." He shrieked.

"God, Yoochun don't you think you're overreacting?" Junsu asked. He didn't want to see Changmin around JaeJoong and Yunho either, but he knew he couldn't do anything to stop him.

"I'm not overreacting, he shouldn't hang out with them. I'm gonna stop him. And you're gonna help me, like it or not." He said.

"Of course I will not do such thing." Junsu said standing up. "Why are you standing like that anyway, it's annoying."

"Oh yes, you will, or... I'll tell umma and appa you're gay." Yoochun said smiling broadly.

"Ha, you are too. Forgot already? I think you need a boyfriend to remind you." Junsu replied smirking slightly. "Stop acting like a baby. I won't help you and you shouldn't interfere anyway. It's Changmin's business."

"It's not just Changmin's business. It's ours too, we have to protect him from bad influence. We're responsible for him." Yoochun said seriously.

"What bad influence? JaeJoong and Yunho are not that bad, we just started that rival thing a long time ago and... look where it leaded us." Junsu said and pushed Yoochun out of his way, then walked back to the kitchen.

"You can't be serious! Are you sick? We're talking about Kim JaeJoong and Jung Yunho here. The two biggest bastards on the earth." Yoochun yelled following him.

"Are they?" Junsu asked seriously as he turned to look at Yoochun. Yoochun looked at him with wide eyes.

"Of course they are. What kind of question is that?" he said.

"I'm just... not so sure anymore." Junsu said quietly.

"I don't have time for this. You know they are a couple of idiots. And as I said, I'll do everything possible to keep them away from Changmin." Yoochun said.

"Okay, just curious, how are you gonna do it?"

"Well... I'll tell him everything they did in the past."

"Of course, you'll leave out everything we did in return." Junsu smirked. "Besides, all those stuff weren't that big of a deal. Stupid pranks. And when I think about it, I can't even remember how it all started."

"It doesn't matter, it did start and now there's no turning back." Yoochun said simply.

"Still, I don't think that plan of yours will work." Junsu replied skeptically. "It's just... funny."

"Yah! It's not funny!" Yoochun said, although he knew Junsu was right. It was so childish. The whole fighting, rival thing. It just developed through years and became something bigger. "Okay, then... I can tell him JaeJoong is gay."

Junsu widened his eyes.

"You're an idiot, you know that?" he said and turned his back to Yoochun again.

"Don't talk like that to your hyung!" Yoochun replied raising his voice just a little bit.

"How could you think of something like that? Yes, JaeJoong is gay, but we are too. Is that a bad thing all of the sudden?" he asked. "Besides, what will happen when he finds out about us? You're such a hypocrite, how could you even think of something like that?" he asked. Yoochun remained quiet. "Oh, and one more thing. You don't know if Changmin is gay too."

"You think?" Yoochun asked. Suddenly his face lit up.

"I don't know. That's just a thought. And if he is, he might go after JaeJoong. I wouldn't blame him." Junsu said and smiled to himself. Yoochun felt his anger double.

"I guess gay idea is out of the question then." He said sighing. "But don't worry, I'll think of something."

"Oh, I am worried." Junsu nodded.

"Of course, you'll be right there, next to me, helping me." Yoochun said firmly.

"You can't make me."

"Oh yes I can. Wait until I tell the whole school about your habit of buying girls' clothes." Yoochun grinned evily and walked out of the kitchen.

"Ha, yeah right!" Junsu yelled after him, then turned back to dinner. He sighed. "I guess I'll have to do it."