Chapter 30

Forbidden Desire []

JaeJoong's P.O.V.


"JaeJoong?" he said, surprised. I couldn't blame him. I haven't spoken to him in years.

"I wanted to talk to you." I replied smiling nervously. I was really nervous, I didn't know how to start, what exactly to say. I knew how he felt and it gave me courage, but still...

He nodded, waiting for me to start.


Junsu's P.O.V.


I couldn't possibly guess what he wanted to talk about. So, I waited patiently. I could tell he was nervous, by the way he talked and moved. It looked like it was so hard for him to start.

"I'm listening Jae...Joong." I finished in the last moment. I got used to calling him Jae in my thoughts and with JunKi that it seemed weird calling him anything other then that. For some reason he smiled.

"I don't know how to say it..." he started. I noticed that Jae, just say it. He took a step closer. I slightly panicked, but gave my best to remain calm when he came even closer. I don't remember if he ever was this close to me. I could hear my own heartbeats just feeling him that close. I waited looking at him.

"I know everything Junsu." He said looking into my eyes. I shivered. What is that that he knows? "I know everything you did for me in the past couple of years." I widened my eyes, partly happy and partly horrified. I always hoped that some day he'll find out everything, but now I couldn't imagine what he thought about it all.

"How?" I managed to whisper after swallowing hard. I couldn't say anything else.

"JunKi told me... I know you've been best friends with him ever since rivalry started." He continued. I noticed I was holding my breath. "I know how you feel about me." He said finally, not looking away from me the whole time. I didn't dare to look away.


JaeJoong's P.O.V.


He looked so shocked and scared. He didn't move. Maybe I shouldn't have said it like that. Now I wanted to calm him down before I could continue. So I put my hand on his shoulder nervously. Damn, it was so hard for me to control now, but I didn't want to scare him. I didn't know what to do with myself. Well, the best thing would probably be to keep talking, but words somehow disappeared from my head again. Everything I wanted to say to him vanished, leaving me alone, to stare at him and admire him.

"Junsu..." I started again, moving my hand to his neck and cheek. We never broke eye contact. I had the awful feeling he wanted to break it, but couldn't. Like he was glued to the spot. Well, better that then looking away from me.


Junsu's P.O.V.


I stared at his eyes. They were telling me something... something I wanted to see in them for such a long time. I didn't know if I can even think that, I couldn't let myself. I could just listen to him and try not to think about anything that could just end up being a dream of mine. His hand on my cheek felt like heaven though. I closed my eyes for a brief second, just feeling it against my skin, in attempt of taking that moment and turn it into eternity.


JaeJoong's P.O.V.


He closed his eyes, a small smile playing on his face and I smiled as well, caressing his cheek with my thumb. I took another step towards him. One more and our bodies will touch. I couldn't wait for that to happen. But I knew I had to talk first, the moment I feel his body against mine I'll forget about everything and get lost in him.

"After everything JunKi told me..." I started causing him to open his eyes again and look at me. He seemed more calm now and I felt relieved, able to continue. "... I could feel nothing but admiration towards you. After that night I started thinking about these past couple of years, then even about the time when we used to be friends. I started remembering everything that happened in the last three years. That's when you started... having feelings for me, right?" I asked. He nodded slowly and looked down. "Don't look down Junsu, I want you to look at me while I'm saying this to you." I said in a small voice and he did what I said.

"I'm sure you noticed me looking at you these past couple of weeks." I said.

"I thought... you're looking at Min." he said finally. I smiled.

"Yeah, I was hoping it'll be a good cover. I guess him living with you, being friends with you is a good thing afterall." I joked. I never thought I would say that. But yeah, it was true now. "I can't believe I haven't noticed you paying attention to me before. These past weeks opened my eyes, it was like waking up from my own world - I was too caught up in rivalry and my pitiful love life... I couldn't notice you, your feelings. You're hiding them well, but there is just this look you have... you haven't had it before. Your eyes..." he looked down again.

"I told you not to look down. Don't hide them from me, those beautiful eyes. You have the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen Junsu... they just have to regain the expression they used to have. I miss that. That look, that pure look of happiness you used to have. It hurts me that it's all because of me. Because of me that look left your eyes, it's been replaced with something that isn't you. The same goes with your smile. It used to be expression of genuine happiness. Now it's... fake." I said looking at him.


Junsu's P.O.V.


I listened to him, not believing what he was saying. My dream... is it finally becoming true? A look of hope appeared on my face and was greeted with a look of love on his. I could see it in his eyes, but I needed to hear it to be sure.

"I want to replace it... with happiness again." He whispered taking another step towards me, finally making a full contact with my body. "I want to love you. I fell for you Junsu." He finished.


JaeJoong's P.O.V.


My hand moved from his cheek to the back of his head as I planted a soft kiss on his lips. Slowly, gently, I pulled him closer, wrapping my arms around him as he responded to the kiss and embraced me. It didn't last long, but it was wonderful. It was the most beautiful kiss I ever experienced.

Junsu broke the kiss, but didn't pull away a bit. He looked into my eyes.

"I'm not dreaming, am I?" he asked.

"From now on, we're dreaming together." I replied and pulled him into another kiss.


Junsu's P.O.V.


I walked back home. I felt like I was in heaven. Everything that happened truly was like a dream, better then any dream I had about him actually. I was thankful, excited, anxious... I was happy.


JunKi's P.O.V.


"Hyung!" I heard Jae and turned around, leaving dinner behind as I looked at him.

"You told him?" I asked widening my eyes. I smiled already, he looked amazingly happy. He just nodded and walked over to me to hug me.

"Thanks hyung." He said holding me close.

"I didn't do anything." I laughed hugging him back.

"You did more then enough. You helped me find my love." He said.

"I love you Jae."

"I love you too." He said. "And I can only imagine how much Junsu loves you." He laughed.

At least something in my life was good. At least something could still make me happy. And seeing my brother and my best friend together was the best gift I could get at the moment.


Changmin's P.O.V.


Something happened. Something good definitely happened. After dinner I went up to Junsu's room. I walked in without knocking and found him laying on his bed, staring at the ceiling with this happy expression on his face.

"Okay, spill it." I said startling him as he quickly looked at me.

"What?" he asked confused.

"You have this 'I'm happy' look on your face. It's so obvious. What happened?" I asked sitting down next to him and smiled excitedly. Yes, I was curious. He just smiled back and blushed a bit. Typical of Junsu. I gasped. "JaeJoong!" I said a bit too loud. He quickly sat up and covered my mouth.

"Yoochun will hear you." He whispered. I nodded and he moved his hand away. I grinned.

"So... what happened? I'm dying here Junsu! Tell me." I said jumping up and down on his bed like a little kid.

"We're together." He said smiling.

"Really?" I widened my eyes again. "I knew it! I knew it... god, I'm so glad!" I said hugging him. He laughed.

"Thanks Min." he replied smiling brightly.

"I never saw you smile like that." I said smiling back. I was happy for them. Junsu deserved that more then anyone.

"Yeah... that's because I was hopelessly in love and desperate this whole time." He said sighing. "But now it changed... and I can't suppress this smile." He laughed. "Yoochun will notice, right?" he asked concerned.

"Why are you worried about him? He should be happy for you." I said frowning a bit. Knowing Yoochun... he'll explode when he finds out.

"You know him. I mean, you know what happened when you were dating JaeJoong. Imagine what will happen when he finds about me, his brother, and his 'worst enemy'." He sighed.

"I know... but he'll have to accept it. Your happiness should be the most important thing to him." I said. He nodded and shut up.

"What's going on with you and him?" he asked me. I didn't know what to say to that. How to reply. "You like him right?" he asked again.

"Am I that obvious?" I asked.

"Well... yeah." He said and chuckled a bit.

"It's not funny, you know." I said smacking him on the head playfully.

"Sorry... geeze, you even started acting like him." He said rolling his eyes and I laughed.

"Really?"

"Yeah, silly." He replied. "Now, what are you going to do?"

"Nothing... I'm not even sure what he feels..." I said shrugging.

"He likes you, I mean, that is obvious as well."

"Yeah, but is it enough? I don't want him to be another JaeJoong." I said then remembered it was Junsu's boyfriend I was talking about. "No offense... Jae loves you, he didn't love me. Now, I'm afraid Yoochun will be just like him, liking me, but finding rivalry more important then me."

"I don't know Changmin... maybe you shouldn't think about it that way. I know he cares very much about you. He never showed that kind of affection towards anyone before."

"I just... don't want to rush into things. It's not gonna bring me any good." I sighed. Junsu finally nodded. I smiled giving him another hug.

"I'm happy for you guys." I said to him and he smiled broadly, watching me walking out of his room.


Yunho's P.O.V.


I walked into my room and jumped onto my bed, burying my face into the pillow as always. Damn heart of mine, will you ever stop hurting? All I wanted to do was forget about JunKi now. He wanted me to leave him alone and I had Min Sun. To others my life must have looked perfect. But I was tearing apart inside. I didn't want to live anymore. I didn't need anything, I didn't need anyone. I just wanted to drown in my own tears and selfpity.

I was tired of crying, I was tired of this pain that filled my heart every time I would think about Junki, every time I saw him and couldn't talk to him, look at him. I knew I was forbidden to interact with him, but I couldn't keep my eyes off him, that was the only thing I had left.

I let out a sob, but a doorbell interrupted me. I quickly got up and rushed downstairs, opening the door hopefully. What was I expecting? JunKi smiling at me and pulling me into a hug, a kiss? Telling me he loves me and wants to be with me? What?

"I need to talk to you, Yunho."