Chapter 15

Forbidden Desire []

JaeJoong's P.O.V.


"You what?" I asked widening my eyes at my best friend. He looked at me innocently before repeating what he just said.

"I have a girlfriend."

I didn't know what to say, I just stared at him. Yunho never, and I mean never had a girlfriend. That was shocking itself. But the one person that kept appearing in my mind now was JunKi. I didn't know how he will react when he finds out, but I knew it won't be good. I felt sorry for him all over again. I hated it, I kept feeling bad, but it was his fault. Falling for Yunho. That must have been the stupidest thing he has ever done.

"Jae?" he asked looking at me worriedly and I quickly looked back at him and managed to give him a small smile. The thought of JunKi just couldn't leave my mind.

"What happened?" I replied. I couldn't understand. Why all of the sudden. And I was curious who this girl was. Who was that special to actually make Yunho want something more then a one night stand? "I mean, you have never had a girlfriend before. It's a bit surprising you want one now. I mean, who is she? Do I know her? And what makes her so great?" I asked.


Yunho's P.O.V.


He sounds weird. Like he's not happy because I found someone I actually like and want to be with.

"No, I don't think you know her. Her name is Kang Min Sun and I met her in the club." I said.

"Kang Min Sun?" He asked a bit surprised, but then quickly smiled. "Oh, I get it now."

"What? You know her?" I asked. How come he knew her and I didn't?

"Of course... she's... an excellent dancer. That's why you like her right?"


JaeJoong's P.O.V.


Yeah, she's also... Yuri's best friend.


Junsu's P.O.V.


"What's wrong?" Changmin asked me as soon as I sat down and started eating my food. I looked at him surprised. He would never sit at our table during lunch. I looked around, looking for JaeJoong, but he was nowhere in sight.

"I thought you're gonna have lunch with JaeJoong." I said completely ignoring his question.

"Yeah, well, he had some stuff to do." He replied and smiled. "Besides, I wanted to spend some time with you. It looks like you're not well these past couple of days. Are you sick?"

"No, I'm fine." I said putting on my smile. My trademark. My mask. My lie. He nodded, buying it. Everyone were buying it except JunKi. I was satisfied with that ability of mine. I always managed to trick the rest of the world. I didn't need to trick JunKi. And I didn't want to.

"Okay. That's good to hear." He said smiling and started eating his food.

"So... how are things going on with JaeJoong?" I asked. It hurt me to talk about it, but something just kept making me want to know. I couldn't stop myself from asking it.

"Oh great." He said cheerfully, that nice smile of his stabbing my heart. I literally could feel the pain burning inside me. "It's been a week since that stupid fight and ever since then he's been great to me. I mean, it looks like he's trying to prove that it doesn't matter that I'm living with you guys." He continued. "I know it doesn't matter to him... sometimes I wish he would stop trying so hard. I mean, I know he likes me. I just don't know if he knows how much I like him."

I looked at him. I tried hard not to sigh at those words, so I swallowed instead. Keeping my feelings inside was a hard task. Now more then ever.

"Well... show it to him." I said quietly. I wanted it to sound more friendly like, but it just hurt too much. Changmin was taking away JaeJoong, who has never been mine in the first place. Our love that I've been dreaming about for years has never been possible. Even when I found out he's gay the happiness lasted shortly. How could I even think about being with him when rivalry was always on our way? Yoochun and Yunho would freak out, for sure. And then... who knows what could happen.

So, this was for the best. Changmin to be with JaeJoong. As much as it hurts me I should deal with it. I should accept it and be a true friend to Changmin. Pretend Junsu, that's something you're the best in.


JaeJoong's P.O.V.


Hyung... Damn, I'm so worried about him. I don't know what to do. I mean, I know Yunho will tell him as soon as possible. I'm surprised he still hasn't told him. He's closer to him then to me afterall. But really, I don't know what to do with him. I'm even slightly afraid to come home and find him there after Yunho tells him.

I buried my head into my hands as I sat down in the middle of the park. Suddenly I felt someone wrapping arms around me and a familiar scent trailed up to my nose. I smiled weakly and looked up.


Changmin's P.O.V.


I smiled back at him, but he looked really devastated.

"Jae? What's wrong?" I asked immediately as a smile disappeared from my face, being replaced by a look of worry.

"Nothing." He replied quickly and looked away.

"Don't give me that, something's wrong. Tell me." I said softly, moving my hand down his arm and taking his hand in mine.

"It's nothing. I just... Yunho told me something and now I don't know what to think." He replied quietly and looked down at our hands.

"Do you want to tell me?" I asked carefully. I knew they're best friends and they probably had secrets, but I'm his boyfriend. I didn't want to have secrets with him. And I wanted him to feel the same way about me.

"It's just... it's nothing." He repeated. "Yunho got himself a girlfriend." He said smirking a bit.

"Well, those are good news, right?" I replied unsure. His best friend has a girlfriend now, that shouldn't make JaeJoong sad, right? He should be happy for him.

"Well, I guess." He said, shrugging a bit. Okay, now he's starting to freak me out. I sat down next to him and looked at him.

"What's going on Jae?" I asked. I didn't understand his behavior. Actually, I was thinking it could mean only one thing and I was afraid to think about it.

"Nothing, just... he has never had a girlfriend before. And I kind of thought it'll stay that way." Jae said.

"Why? I mean, it's normal for him to have a girlfriend." I replied.

"No, you don't get it. Yunho shouldn't have done that. He would always sleep with a girl, then ditch her, that's the way he works." He said getting a bit irritated.

"Are you telling me you would feel better if he had taken advantage of that girl and then ditch her?" I asked unbelievingly. "You think he can't actually feel something for her? He's your best friend, shouldn't you be happy for him?" I said confused and also a bit surprised. It wasn't a pleasant surprise. I was getting to know JaeJoong more and more and among a lot of stuff that I liked there were just some that either confused me or just made me not so fond of him.

"No, it's not that." He said looking at me. "You just don't understand."

"Well, explain it to me. I want to understand. I want to understand you, sometimes I just don't get you." I said looking back at him.

"I can't. I just... I don't think that's good for Yunho." He said looking away again. Something didn't feel right there. He was lying to me.

"It is good for Yunho. But it's not for someone else." I said slowly. I was just assuming, but by the look on his face I knew I was right. "I'm right, am I?" I asked. He remained silent. "Damn, Jae, tell me. Am I right?"


JaeJoong's P.O.V.


He was right. But I couldn't tell him that. I couldn't tell him about JunKi, it's hyung's secret. He doesn't even know I know it. So, I can't say a thing. But now we went too far with this and I'm afraid Changmin will think something else. I think he'll misunderstand it all. I'm really stupid. I shouldn't have acted like that, I should've just pretend like everything's fine. But it would've been hard, since all I could think of the whole day was JunKi. Besides, I didn't want to pretend in front of Changmin. He doesn't deserve that and I know we shouldn't have secrets and all, but this is just something I can't tell him. It's not my secret.

"Listen, you don't have to tell me, I think I got it." He said suddenly and I looked at him. Pain in his eyes.

"Min it's not what you think." I started.

"It's okay Jae, don't explain. If you don't have the guts to admit it, then you don't have to. I'm not that stupid. I get it all." He said coldly and stood up.

"Wait, where are you going? I thought we're going to spend a day together." I said quickly, holding onto his hand. Please, don't leave me. I've been an idiot, but this is one thing I can't tell you.

"No, Jae, I don't think we should." He replied, trying to let go of my hand.

"But you don't understand. I can't tell you what's this all about, it has nothing to do with you." I said again.

"Yeah, you're right. It's between you and Yunho anyway." He said finally managing to get out of my grasp and walked away.

What have I done?


Yoochun's P.O.V.


"Changmin?" I called as I saw a familiar slim figure passing by kitchen quickly.

"Yeah, Yoochun?" He asked stopping and turning around to look at me.

"Is something wrong?" I asked noticing his facial expression.

"No, I'm fine." He replied quickly. "I'm just tired. I'm going to my room. I think I'll skip dinner tonight."

"Okay." I nodded and watched him go upstairs. Wait. Skip dinner? Our Changminnie?


JunKi's P.O.V.


"You're here." He said causing me to jump and cut my finger in the process.

"Sh.it... Yunho." I said glaring at him. He looked at my finger and quickly came closer to me.

"Sorry hyung. I didn't mean to scare you like that... Here, let me do it..." he said taking my hand and turning water on, then gently pulling my hand over, to wash my finger. I inhaled quickly both at the sensation the pain was causing me and the butterflies that kept messing with my stomach. He was so close again, I could feel his scent attacking my nose. I smiled sheepishly at him and then remembered we shouldn't be this close. I might do something I'll most definitely regret later.

I moved away from him a bit, but he didn't let me.

"Wait. Bandage." He said softly and took one, placing it on my finger. I looked at him and raised an eyebrow for a moment, but then remembered that it couldn't possibly mean a thing. I finally turned away from him and back to what I was doing. Where was I anyway?

"Can we talk?" he asked. "I really want to tell you something." He said. I didn't know what that meant, but I didn't have a good feeling about this. I was getting excited all of the sudden. Maybe I should put away my knife for a while. "I would suggest you to put that thing down. I don't have many bandages left." He joked. He could even read my thoughts. How great. What am I thinking now Yunho?

I nodded and put down the knife, then turned around to face him again.

"Let's go to the living room or somewhere... I don't want Jae to interrupt us." He said shifting uncomfortably and I raised my eyebrows at him again.

"You have something private to tell me?" I asked. He nodded. I couldn't read his facial expression and that made me unsure if I wanted to hear what he wanted to tell me or not. But I had no other choice, so I nodded as well.

"Okay, well, we can always go to my room." I said. The way it sounded made me blush. Stupid, stupid JunKi. Stop thinking about it. You've been thinking about it way too much. Yunho will figure it out eventually. And that's not gonna be good. Unless...

I exited the kitchen and started walking upstairs, sensing him following me close behind. I felt my heart beating like crazy. I didn't know what expected me now, but I was curious to find out.

We reached my room and I opened the door, letting Yunho in, then closed it behind me. I turned to him.

"Okay, tell me now." I said looking at him. He looked back and smiled. I shivered. Something definitely didn't feel right.

"I have a girlfriend."