Gloomy Anniversary

Playing with Mr. Wu Fan's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris woke up happily like the bright sunrise, which was unlikely of him to do since he's been waking up with a frown for the past months. He hummed as he cooked his ramyum, smiling to himself as he gets lost in his thoughts. 

He took his phone and quickly typed a message.

‘Good Morning Summer ♥’

To: Sooyoung ♥

After sending the text, he hurriedly finished cooking his breakfast and gets himself ready for work.

-- 

Sooyoung and Jessica became close friends after their failed operation of seeking revenge at Kris. Right now they are having a coffee date at the nearby coffee shop.

"So tell me what happened in the hotel with just the two of you." Jessica, as she stirred her coffee. 

"Yeah, I am so curious too!" Yuri butted in, She was invited by Sooyoung to join them.

"What will I tell you guys? Nothing really happened, after 3 or 4 days of being stuck in Italy we were able to fly to fly to France the next day and continue business....." Sooyoung paused as she tried recalling the things that happened. 

Jessica and Yuri does not seem be convinced and raised their eyebrows. 

"Oh really?" They both said in unison causing them to look at each other and laugh.

"Wow- I didn't know you two got this close when I was away that you both know how to doubt me huh?" Sooyoung said laughing as well.

"Well if you weren't planning on coming back we were to ditch you and become bestfriends instead." Yuri said grinning.

"Hey! That's not nice." Sooyoung frowned.

Yuri then gave her a big,tight bear hug, "I was just kidding." 

"Enough with the sismance girls now tell us what happened." Jessica interrupted. 

"Honestly guys, I forgot alright so let's move on and not talk about him anymore." Sooyoung said taking a sip at her cappuccino. 

Out of nowhere Yuri squeals and shakes Sooyoung who was busy sipping on her drink.

“My Favorite band’s latest song is playing! Listen!” she says as she continues shaking her.

“Yul! You made me spill my coffee on my skirt.” Sooyoung frowned, wiping her skirt with a tissue.

“Oh my, I am sorry Soo, I didn’t mean too.” Yuri said helping her.

Jessica just shook her head chuckling. “Yuri got too excited.” She said.

“Indeed.” Sooyoung said chuckling as well. “I’ll just go clean this thing off in the washroom.” She said excusing herself.

“Wait I’ll come with you, I need to use the toilet too.” Yuri said, standing up from her seat.

“I’ll be waiting for you guys here then.” Jessica said scrolling through her phone.

“Alright then.” Yuri said and slipped her hand on Sooyoung’s arm

After a few seconds, Sooyoung’s phone which was infront of Jessica vibrated.

Out of curiosity, Jessica peeked through the screen and gasped upon seeing the name flashed on the screen.

“Kris?” She softly mumbled to herself. She took the phone and replied to the text message.

‘Good Morning c: ‘

“A Good Morning text won’t hurt right?” She said to herself and clicked send.

After a few minutes of sending the message, Sooyoung and Yuri returned.

“Sorry we took so long, the stain won’t fade.” Sooyoung said, patting her newly dried skirt.

“It’s alright, no worries.” Jessica said smiling.

“Let’s get going now? I might get late in the studio, I still need to finish some designs.” Yuri said, grabbing her bag.

“Alright then, let’s go?” Jessica stood up as well.

-----------

Kris sat on his chair, rotating it side wards as he look outside the glass walls of his office.

“She hasn’t arrived yet.” He said, smiling at the text message that was sent to him.

He started doing some paper works, to busy himself from thinking of her too much.

After a couple of minutes, Sooyoung arrived and was greeted warmly by her office mates.

“Good Morning Sooyoung.” Dara who was the last one to greet her said.

“Good Morning.” Sooyoung said smiling. “What’s with the atmosphere today? Everyone seems to be in a good mood.” She wondered as she looks around.

“Well Our Boss is in a good mood, he didn’t scold at anyone, get mad at the late people, and he gave us an extension on our deadline for the coming project. Who wouldn’t be happy?” Dara happily explained.

“Oh—really?” Sooyoung said amazed with the sudden change. “I see.. that’s good then.” She nodded.

“We even doubted something good happened between the two of you that made him change.” Dara grinned, nudging her sides.

 “What! Yah, nothing like that happened alright? It was all professional-“ Sooyoung said explaining herself.

“If you say so.” Dara said giving her a smile that says she’s not buying her explanation.

Sooyoung just shook her head, clicking her tongue.

“Ms. Choi, Mr. Wu wants you in his office right now.” Kris’s secretary called her.

“I’ll be there in a few seconds.” She said, taking three folders with her as she stands up.

*Time Skip*

The day has passed and everything went smoothly, they were able to fix problems and close deals just like as planned but Sooyoung doesn’t seem happy.

She stared at her phone before continuing to clean her table.

“What’s with you? You don’t seem happy.” Dara said noticing the off mood her friend has.

“Nothing.” She said forcing a smile, causing dara to raise an eyebrow.

“Oh really? It doesn’t seem like it though. Hmm.. Let me guess you’re waiting for someone?” She asked.

Sooyoung heaved a deep sigh and nodded. “It’s just that Luhan doesn’t seem to notice me. We only met once since I came back from the business trip, he rarely calls me nor text me too and… our anniversary’s tomorrow.. He never forgot a single one since we started dating, I am afraid he will-“ Dara interrupted her from talking.

“Shh, don’t say that I know what you’re feeling donghae ued this kind of trick to me before, he rarely contacted me a week before our anniversary and then taddah~ He threw me a surprise, I think your boyfriend’s just doing the same, don’t get too paranoid alright?” She comforted as she patted her shoulder.

“Hmm you think so?” Sooyoung asked.

“Yes I do.” Dara said smiling.

“Thanks.” She said th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter