Her Parents

Falling into His Trap

"Wh-what?" Mikyung widened her eyes.

"There's an ice cream stall near the school and since it's summer, why don't we buy some to cool off our mind?" Sehun offered.

"M-me... and you...?" Mikyung hesitated.

"Of course!" Sehun smiled. He pulled Mikyung's wrist and dashed out of the practice room.

Mikyung was still puzzled. Sehun dragged Mikyung until they reached the ice cream stall. Even though it was only a stall, the stall was still quite crowded.

"Sehun, I have to call my chauffeur first, or else he will be waiting." Mikyung said to Sehun. Sehun, who was lining up together with Mikyung, turned to her and nodded.

Mikyung stepped further and took out her smartphone and dialed her Mr. Kim's phone number.

"Yeoboseyo?... Ahjusshi, I think I'll be coming home a little bit late. I'll call you again when I've finished doing some business here. ... Okay, thank you." Mikyung hung up. She turned to look at the ice cream stall.

There were some children with their mothers, lining up to buy the ice cream.

"Umma, may I buy choco chip flavour?" the little kid asked his mother. His mother sent him an motherly smile, "Okay, as long as you don't eat too much." She then paid the ice cream for her son. Both of them looked very happy for spending time together.

"Umma, the ice cream fell down onto my shoe!" the other kid yelled not far from the ice cream stall. The mother sighed and said, "Here, use my other sandal first. It's too big but at least use it first, Umma's going to clean your shoe first." the mother bent down to take off his shoe and wiped off the ice cream on his shoe. After a few moments doing that, she wore the shoe to her kid and wore her sandal again, and they walked away after buying a new ice cream.

Mikyung flinched at the beautiful view—at least for her—and smiled bitterly. She really wished her mother could take her somewhere and have fun together. 

"Hey," Sehun called her, making Mikyung go back to her senses. "N-ne?" Mikyung blinked.

"What flavour do you want to buy?" Sehun asked hurriedly, looking impatient for the thought of tasting the ice cream on that hot day.

"Uhm... Choco chip?" Mikyung blurted out randomly as it was the only thing that came out in her mind. Sehun gestured his hands and made an 'Ok' sign.

When Mikyung saw Sehun wasn't looking at her anymore, she eyed her surroundings again. There were still some children and mothers lining up behind Sehun.

Sehun went back after finished buying ice creams for both of them. He handed Mikyung her ice cream as they sat on the nearby bench not far from the ice cream stall.

Sehun was hungrily eating all the ice cream by himself while Mikyung was just looking at the ice cream without an appetite to eat, even though it was burning hot.

Sehun looked at Mikyung, he stopped eating for a while. He furrowed his eyebrows. Why did she look that unhappy?

"What happened?" Sehun asked suddenly, making Mikyung jolt a bit from her seat. Mikyung turned at Sehun, "Nothing." she ate her ice cream to reduce Sehun's suspicion.

"You don't look that happy, is there anything that bothers you?" Sehun asked again. Mikyung flinched. *I'm always unhappy, Oh Sehun* she thought in her mind.

 

Mikyung smiled sheepishly on her own on her way back home. She couldn't hide her happiness of teaching those cute students for the first time. And yet, she could communicate with them well.

Mr. Kim, who saw this, was also happy seeing her like that. It was so rare for him to see Mikyung's happy smile. Even if Mikyung smiled, her smile was often bitter.

"Are you that happy, Miss Kang?" Mr. Kim asked her.

Mikyung just nodded from her seat at the back. She continuously smiled at herself until she reached home.

When Mr. Kim opened the main door for Mikyung, she saw her parents sitting at the living room.

It was quite rare for her to see them like this. But well, Mikyung apporached them and bowed. When she was about to walk upstairs, her father spoke up, "Where were you, Mikyung?"

Mikyung stopped her tracks and turned at her father. She found them still sitting on the couch.

Mikyung flinched. "I..." she answered. "I came to the Sunday classes. I thought Mr. Kim had told you about this."

"Oh... Right," she heard her father murmur. *Is it that unimportant?* she thought sadly.

But, then again, both Mr. and Mrs. Kang got up from their seats and approached Mikyung.

Mikyung's face brightened up a little seeing them.

"Mikyung," her mother said. "Your father and I are going overseas for a business trip. Not like other common business trips, this one is very important and we really need to come. But, the trip will last for one month. We are going tomorrow and to let you know, you're not going to be so lonely here because Mr. Kim and some other maids will all be here." she saw her mother try to smile at her.

Mikyung's heart dropped again. Business trip? One month? Important? It might be. But, not going to be so lonely? Each day in her life was already lonely with even her parents around.

But well, if her parents still went for the business trip, wouldn't it make no difference at all?

"Okay," was all what she answered them with.

With that, she went upstairs to her room and threw herself to her bed.

She looked at the desk calendar she placed at her bedside table.

Sigh. Her parents would be going and one of those dates which her parents would be out, she would be having her birthday.

Oh dear, could her days become lonelier than this.


 

hi guys!! another update.... hehehe..

and you know what???? TOMORROW IS MY BIRTHDAY .....  /throws confetti/ hmm, not yet?

hehe, anyways, thank you for the new subscribers! fell free to comment below and tomorrow will be special.....  i guess

until next time!!!