Helped

Falling into His Trap

Mikyung looked at her reflection on the mirror. All she wanted to do right now was to go home. She knew all those stares. It was just like 2 years ago.

 

"You know, today will be unforgettable." Aera suddenly said when she was putting some base makeup on her face.

 

Then, it struck her. Something must be wrong. Aera must be planning something. She quickly reached out her phone to call Sehun.

"Sehun? When are you coming?" Mikyung's voice sounded worried.

"I'm on my way. Why? Is there something wrong?" Sehun asked through his phone.

Mikyung gulped, "N-No. Just, drive safe." Then, she hung up.

Now, what should she do? She couldn't just run away like that. It would be so impolite. But, how should she go back to the hall? She never knew what would happen.

You must go out of your comfort zone to improve. Mikyung's inner voice called.

She gulped again. She took her purse and came out of the restroom. She could hear some music being played from inside the hall. It was deafening.

She took deep breaths, and opened the door.

When she came inside, all of the guests were dancing on the dance floor. Phew. No stares for that moment.

But, when she stepped onto something, the world seemed like crashed down onto her. The music stopped and all of the students looked at her. They crowded her with confused yet laughing stares.

Crash.

Mikyung looked down her onto her hands and suddenly felt shivers running down her spine. She felt cold all of a sudden.

What did I do to deserve all of this. Mikyung thought.

She looked around and searched for Aera. She was smirking and had her arms folded. At that moment, she just wanted to disappear from the world. The shame she felt, the coldness she felt, the laughters she heard, and the mocking stares she saw.

To her, it was like hell. Just like two years ago.

Aera approached her and made a face, "Omo? Who do we have here?" Aera surrounded her and laughed. "To complete your look,"

Aera looked for something in her purse and took out a plastic bag of mixed substances. It looked disgusting, "Finally, I can get this out of my branded bag." She poured that disgusting substance over her head.

The other students gasped in shock.

"Rotten egg, ketchup, flour, soda water, all mixed in he—"

"What are you doing to her?!" a scream could be heard from the hall main door after a loud bang. It was Sehun. Couldn't see anything, Mikyung just figured it out by his voice. He sounded furious.

Sehun ran closer to the scene and looked at Mikyung, who was having her head down.

He looked at Aera and grabbed her wrist and pulled it up high. Aera winced in pain, "Why are you doing this?! What's the advantage?! Did you get money from this?!" Sehun yelled.

"Let me go!" Aera tried to release his tight grip. It was painful.

"Not until—"

"Aera? What have you done in my party?" Kim finally turned up and raised her voice. "What are you doing to this girl?" She raised her voice up even more.

Sehun released his grip and looked at the birthday girl, who looked ashamed and angry.

Aera held her wrist and looked at the red lines slowly forming around her wrist. She looked at Kim and not to lose her composure. "Kim, I—"

"I shouldn't have let you put that bucket on top of the hall. I thought it was just confetti. I was too stupid. Now look at what you have done!" Kim raised her voice.

Aera shivered, "Kim let me—"

Before Aera could explain anything, Kim slapped her on the face. Hard. Like, real hard.

"You're messing my once-in-a-lifetime party just to prank this girl?! How dare you?! You are now in my blacklist!"

Kim looked at Mikyung angrily and looked at Aera again. She was having her palm on her right cheek, where Kim had slapped her hard. Two hits in a row.

Kim pointed out her finger onto Aera's face, "Don't ever bring up your personal matters with this girl when this has nothing to do with me, ever again!"

"Security! Take this crazy girl out of my party!" Kim shouted.

Sehun approached Kim, "Let me take Mikyung out by myself. You just make sure that this drama queen is out of everybody's sight."

The security took Aera out. Aera was shouting like a madman.

With one last look, Sehun apologised to Kim for the incident.

Sehun helped Mikyung up, despite her smell and dirtiness. But before he could hold her arm, Mikyung dodged him. Mikyung didn't want to get touched, and stood up by herself.

Sehun sighed and followed her, who was heading out of the hall. Sehun decided to clean her mess first, then take her home. So, they went up to the swimming pool washroom.

 

When they arrived, it was silent. Mikyung just stood in front of the swimming pool, grieving over her bad luck tonight.

Sehun brought her a big towel to wash her.

"No. The towel might get dirty." Mikyung dodged him again.

"Then let's wash you off first." Sehun sighed. He pushed Mikyung to the nearby outdoor shower and the faucet.

First of all, he rinsed her face. Mikyung rejected at first, but seeing how serious Sehun's face was, she gave up and let him do it.

Once her face was clean, he reached out his hand to clean the mess in her hair. Mikyung just stared at him blankly, despite her rising heartbeat.

"See? This is why I was against you and Aera being friends again. I knew that something was wrong from the beginning." Sehun said softly.

After cleaning the mess in her hair, Sehun cleaned the mess on her dress. Until she was clean enough, he dried her with the towel.

"Here, wear my coat first. You might catch a cold." Sehun was about to put it onto her shoulders, but Mikyung quickly rejected it again.

"Don't. Your coat will get smelly and disgusting." Mikyung said blankly.

Sehun paused for a while, and sighed. He still put on his coat on her.

"Let's sit there." Sehun brought Mikyung to one of the beach chairs. He sat on the beach chair beside where Mikyung was sitting.

Mikyung was in deep thought.

"Wait for a while, I'm calling Kim Ahj—"

"Is it wrong to have a past that everybody knows?" Mikyung suddenly interrupted, looking at the night sky above her with a sad smile.

Sehun stopped talking and looked at her.

"Is it wrong to have a boyfriend that is popular, yet an orphan?" Mikyung's eyes started to get watery.

Sehun searched for her eyes, and it was full of tears, some ran down through her cheeks.

"Is it wrong that he was missing, although I know nothing about that? Is it wrong that the boy who was loved by everyone else only loved one person? Is it so wrong that she will always tell my past to the world and make it a big deal?! Is it—"

Sehun hugged Mikyung tightly. Mikyung cried over his shoulders and sobbed loudly. At least, she felt secure in his arms.

"Tell me, is it that wrong?" Mikyung sobbed harder and harder.

Sehun patted her back for a while, then released the hug, but still held her shoulders.

"No, it isn't wrong at all. But sometimes, things are only meant to past, not to stay." Sehun reassured her.

"But why are they making it such a big deal? Everyone has their own past. Why only me? Why?" Mikyung looked at Sehun with questioning eyes. At that moment, she just wanted to be selfish, to ask the world why, and not thank what had happened.

Sehun looked at her worriedly. "I don't know how to answer those questions, because all of the questions will only be answered as time goes by. But for now, I can only make the pain go away."

Another tear ran down her cheek, "Then make it go away."

Without second thought, Sehun leaned in, closed his eyes and brushed his lips over hers.

 

------

[a/n] Whoooooo they finally kissed! /throws confettis/

i really wanted to finish this fic quickly because there are so many other ideas running through my head for a long time. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

hehe, until next update! /wet kisses/