Love

Falling into His Trap

Mikyung went back to her class on time, just right in front of the Teacher Park. The class started as usual.

After school, Sehun took Mikyung to the school backyard, where it was quite and decorated like a small park. Mikyung raised an eyebrow. What was Sehun trying to do?

Sehun, on the other side, was feeling bad because he didn't mean to pry on Mikyung's past and end up forcing her to tell something she wasn't ready to. Especially, after what he saw in the practice room, his soft side kept peeking through. He didn't know how someone could have such a big heart for her friend who betrayed her.

Sehun made Mikyung sat onto a bench. Mikyung felt weird because she knew that Sehun was pissed at her, although she didn't know why. "What are you doing, Sehun?"

Sehun smiled at her, "I just wanted to be alone with you."

Mikyung raised an eyebrow. "I know I was wrong to force you to tell something you don't want to talk about. I just feel sorry and I want to make it up to you," Sehun finally explained.

Sehun sighed and sat beside Mikyung. Mikyung sighed in relief too and looked at Sehun. She did think that Sehun was kind of childish to be like that earlier, but she did get why he was pissed. They're dating now, so Sehun must've wanted to know about Mikyung better. She just wasn't ready to tell him her past, and she didn't think she would ever be ready. She just promised herself that she wouldn't shut out Sehun ever again and try to open up to him more.

Mikyung smiled at Sehun, "You don't have to be sorry. I'm more sorry to make you feel shut out like earlier."

Sehun couldn't help but feel really proud that he got to be with someone as selfless as Mikyung. He threw his arms around Mikyung's shoulders. "You know, I'm really proud to have you as my girlfriend."

"But sometimes, you need to think of yourself too. That's why you always get used, you know?" Sehun scolded Mikyung lightly.

Mikyung suddenly remembered her meeting with Aera, "I met Aera after you left the practice room."

Sehun, who already knew what they talked about, decided to pretend to know nothing. He pretended to be curious and asked, "What did she do to you?"

Mikyung chuckled, "We made up. She's moving to Busan to live with her grandparents. She told me it wasn't because of me, but I know that I was a big reason why she wanted to move." Mikyung suddenly feel really bad for Aera, she never meant to humiliate her in the party, but on the other hand, Mikyung was also humiliated.

Sehun sat up and faced Mikyung. He sighed, "She got what she deserved. I just hope she learnt her lesson and never bully anyone, though."

"So, you don't think it was my fault?" Mikyung asked.

Sehun hit Mikyung lightly on the forehead, "Aigoo."

Mikyung pouted and rubbed her forehead, "Hey! What was that for?"

"What did I say about being selfish? You can be selfish once in a while with me," Sehun laughed at her cuteness.

"I just acted like how I always act, though," Mikyung stuck out her tongue at Sehun. Sehun pinched her cheeks and threw his arms around Mikyung again, "What should I do with you, Kyung-ah?"

"Hey, we are still at school, you know," Mikyung warned Sehun. She struggled to be released from Sehun's strong arms. She didn't want to be caught in this state by the school staff or any student who was still at school.

Sehun, of course didn't mind her warning. "You know that I don't care, don't you?" He hugged Mikyung even tighter than before.

Mikyung smiled from ear to ear. She had never felt so happy in a while. Sehun really treated her so well that when she was with him, she felt like in another world with him. She wished that this happiness would never end, not now, not ever.

"Sehun-ah," Mikyung said between her smiles. Sehun, who had his eyes closed and was enjoying the wind, "Hm?"

"You know that I really really like you, right?"

Sehun opened his eyes and furrowed his eyebrows. He realized that his heart started beating really fast when Mikyung said that.

"I think I'm really falling for you," Mikyung confessed.

Sehun's heart beat even faster and he still didn't want to realease his hug from Mikyung. He was afraid that Mikyung would see his flustered face.

I think I'm falling for you too, Kyung-ah.

 

"Sehun, you know that I have lessons today, right?" Mikyung said as Sehun led her to his motorbike at the parking lot.

Sehun smiled at her, "I'm actually taking you to the tutoring academy."

Mikyung widened her eyes. Why so suddenly? She hadn't told her chauffeur about that. She was sure that Mr. Kim was waiting for her at the school gate now.

Sehun smiled at Mikyung, "Don't worry, I have told Mr. Kim about this." He said, as if he could read Mikyung's mind.

Mikyung grinned at Sehun, "You know me so well."

"Of course, you're my girlfriend," Sehun said as he got on his motorbike. "Now, get on, Miss Girlfriend."

Mikyung smiled sheepishly. She got onto the motorbike and Sehun gave her a helmet and with that, both of them went away together.

 

 

Mikyung had just finished her lessons today. She had forced Sehun not to wait for her just to pick her up from the tutoring academy. She had called Mr. Kim to pick her up as always. On her way home, Mr. Kim explained, "Agasshi, your parents are at home right now."

Mikyung flinched as Mr. Kim mentioned her parents. Did Mr. Kim tell them that she was with Sehun? Did Mr. Kim tell them how close she had got with Sehun? She suddenly was so worried that she almost couldn't hear Mr. Kim's words after that.

"Agasshi?" Mr. Kim called Mikyung and saw her from the rearview mirror. "Did you hear what I asked?"

Mikyung blinked at Mr. Kim, "Sorry, what were you saying?"

"Your parents asked why I didn't take you to the tutoring academy," Mr. Kim repeated.

Mikyung's eyes widened and she looked worried. "What did you say? Did you say anything about Sehun?"

Mr. Kim answered, "No, I just said that you would like to go there by yourself."

Mikyung sighed in relief. At least, Mr. Kim didn't tell her parents about going with a friend or with Sehun. "Thank you, Mr. Kim," she thanked Mr. Kim for not telling the whole truth.

"Don't thank me, Agasshi. You should be worried about your parents, though. They looked quite suspicious when I told them that," Mr. Kim warned her.

"Thanks, Mr. Kim. I'll keep that in mind."

 

When Mikyung arrived, she opened the main door quietly and tiptoed to her room, trying not to make a noise. Luckily, no one appeared on her way to her room. As she got into her room, she rearranged her books and studied a little bit more, as she felt like she didn't get to study as much as before. *Damn you, Sehun. I have to get perfect score, so that I can prevent my parents from getting angry at me.* She thought.

Mikyung studied until one of the maids came up to her room and told her that dinner was ready. She went down to the dining room and found her parents already eating dinner without her, as always.

Mikyung sat down on her seat and looked around groggily. She lifted her chopsticks and started eating, while still feeling uncomfortable about the atmosphere.

Surprisingly, her parents didn't say anything throughout dinner to her. Her parents just talked about their work at the office, and Mikyung always felt left out. But this time, she felt relieved and thankful that her parents didn't pay any attention to her.

As Mikyung finished her dinner, the maids came to clean up the table. Just as she wanted to walk upstairs back to her room, her father spoke, "Kang Mikyung."

Mikyung froze in her place and turned around, "Yes, Father?"

"Come to my office right now. My mother and I want to talk to you about something."

Without having to tell her what they wanted to talk about, Mikyung arlready knew that her father meant. They must've wanted to talk about Sehun.

"Y-yes, Father," Mikyung stuttered as she felt so nervous suddenly. She walked to her father's office.

As she was walking to her father's office, random thoughts started flooding her mind. If they wanted to talk to her in her father's office, it must be about something serious. She knew why they wanted to talk privately, because talking in the dining room could bring unwanted ears to hear about it, which is her maids.

A few seconds after she arrived at her father's office, her parents arrived and both of them sat on the sofa in the office.

Her father, of course, didn't waste any time to get to the point of the meeting, "Stay away from that boy, Mikyung."

Mikyung knew that was coming. She sighed, "Please tell me why, Father."

Her mother replied and spoke to her softly, "You know why, Mikyung. We don't engage with someone who is in lower class than us."

"You know so well, Mikyung. I thought we went through with this. At least, engage yourself with sons of my business partners, so that at least you can get married with someone who can take over the company," her father said.

Mikyung furrowed her eyebrows, "But I don't want to be friends with someone just because of their background, Father. I want to meet great people from different backgrounds. People that you believe that are 'lower' than us actually have really good hearts, and they can teach us valuable life lessons."

Her father stood up in frustation and sighed heavily. He turned to Mikyung and Mikyung shivered at his angry face, "I don't care about good hearts, Mikyung. This world has so many hypocrites that I have lost count. You never know if they just want to take advantage of you."

"But Father, I can decide about it on my own. You can never know and they have never done any harm on me," Mikyung tried to reason with her father, even though she knew, that it was useless. She knew that her father could be extremely stubborn with things that he thought were right.

And it didn't help that her mother didn't do anything about it. She knew her mother was a good person, but she was used to giving up to what her husband wanted. She was always a good wife to her husband, but she never listened or tried to understand her daughter.

"Do you want us to separate you with that boy, just like how we had done to your other friend?" Her father finally asked.

Mikyung felt like crying. She shook her heads and stood up, "I'm sorry, Father, Mother, but I have no thoughts of leaving what I never had but have now, and that is a friend that understands me."

Her father and mother looked at her. Her father said, "Don't make me do it again, Kang Mikyung."

Mikyung sighed and looked at her father's eyes, "I'm not going to fall for your threat this time, Father. I won't repeat my mistake of two years ago ever again, and that is letting him go."

With that, she left the room, leaving both of her parents dumbfounded.