Strange

Falling into His Trap

Mikyung turned here and there, making sure Sehun wasn't around.

Ever since he suddenly confessed to Mikyung, she had been thinking so much lately. And she didn't want to face him either. Not that she had some reasons to do that, but she just didn't feel like talking to him.

She didn't even know why she was avoiding him.

When she finally arrived at her class, she sighed. Today was going to be complicated. She stopped breathing for a second when she saw Sehun already sitting beside her seat, exactly next to her.

Her breath pitched a little when she saw Sehun waving at her, like nothing happened. She smiled a little as a reply and decided to sit beside him. He would realise that she was avoiding him if she took a seat on the opposite side.

She sat down and put her bag. Avoiding Sehun, she pretended to look out of the window and mumbled some random songs to herself.

"Hey," a finger poked her arm and she knew exactly whose finger it was. How he always poked her arm to regain her senses, or to call her.

Mikyung gulped before turning around to face him. Oh, that face. "Ye-yes?"

"It's still morning. Don't daydream." Sehun chuckled. Mikyung pouted. How was he supposed to when he confessed to her?

Surely, he only said that he liked her, not loved. However, that gave Mikyung a great shock.

Her pout vanished when she saw Aera coming into the classroom. She observed her. Unlike the other days where she would see her acting as if she was a wind, today, she was smiling at her, more like a greeting.

Seeing her like this, Mikyung raised an eyebrow. This was strange. She wondered, did she drink the wrong medicine? She was always threatening her with a smirk, not a smile.

She took a glance at Sehun, who was also looking at Aera. Then, both of their eyes met. She blinked for a second and Sehun just shrugged.

-----

 

"Hi, Mikyung." a voice came greeting her once the recess bell rang. Mikyung lifted her head up to see the girl who once became her best of the best friend.

Mikyung furrowed her eyebrows, "What do you want?"

Aera pouted, "Aww, don't be like that. I just want to talk to you for a couple of minutes." She turned to Sehun, who was intensely glaring at her. "Sehun, may I borrow her for a moment?"

Mikyung blushed. It sounded like both of them were dating. She tried her best to hide her reddening cheeks as she gulped down her saliva.

Aera didn't even wait for an answer before grabbing Mikyung's wrist. Mikyung was still in a daze when she did that. In the end, she just let Aera bring her to somewhere she even didn't have an idea to.

Once she stopped, Mikyung quickly looked around the quiet place, making sure that she wouldn't be bullied or something. In fact, Aera brought her to the practice room, which made her wonder, what was she upto.

"Let's go inside. I promise I won't do anything to you. It's just a girls talk." she assured.

Mikyung nodded a little. Somehow, her voice sounded so calm, yet mysterious. Both of them entered the practice room.

Mikyung was only staring at the ground the whole time. When she felt that Aera turned around to face her, she quickly looked up.

Suddenly, she sighed. Then, she grabbed Mikyung wrists, "Mikyung, I'm sorry."

Mikyung's eyebrows twitched. Why was she suddenly saying that? Wasn't she so eager to see her suffer the other day?

"These days I've been thinking a lot. I must've hurt you very much, Kyung-ah. I just want to somehow make it up again. I want us to be like how we used to be. I promise to change."

Oh. My. God. That escalated quickly, huh?

The other day, Aera was always threatening her, making sure that each day in her life so miserable. And today, she was apologising to her and wanted to make itup again.

She even called her Kyung-ah—like how she used to call her long time ago. Something inside her heart tickled her. It was impossible to see her like this, after what she had done to Mikyung.

"How can I believe you?" Mikyung tried to challenge her.

"I will make you believe me if you give me a chance. We can go shopping like how girls are supposed to do with their friends. We can laugh together, cry together, or even dance together. Okay?" Aera smiled as she held Mikyung's wrists.

By now, Mikyung was between confused and tickled. Confused because she couldn't define if this Aera was the Aera she used to know 2 years ago, and tickled because the Aera she knew now wasn't the type of girl to say these cheesy things.

However, she would like to give it a try. Maybe having friends wasn't a bad thought.

She slightly nodded, "Okay."

Aera let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you so much, Kyung. Let's go to the canteen now. The treat is on me."

With that, both of them left the practice room.

 

"Aera. What's she been up to?" Sehun's gaze was focused on Aera. How she let Mikyung walk together beside her, putting an arm over her shoulders.

Was it the true her, or was she planning on something again?


Hi guys! Another chapter.. Hope you enjoy it :)