Gift

Falling into His Trap

Mikyung could hear someone knocking the door. It took her a few moments to realise it, since the sound was so inaudible.

Mikyung got off from her seat in the studying room and opened the door. There revealed a boy wearing a cap. Mikyung blinked twice before recognising the boy.

"SEHUN WHY ARE YOU HERE!" Mikyung shouted in shock. She covered , widening her eyes more. Was it her dream or was it reality?

Sehun grinned and laughed. Before Mikyung could close the door, Sehun slipped his foot between the door. He winced in pain, "Ouch!"

Mikyung quickly opened the door wide again. She approached Sehun, "Why, does it hurt?"

Sehun pouted like a small kid. He stood up straight again. "Come here downstairs. I want to show you something." Sehun grabbed Mikyung's wrists without permission.

"But my clot-"

"Come on! We don't have much time."

*What is he on about again?* she thought.

Once they arrived downstairs, Mikyung widened her eyes. The living room was decorated with so much decorations. Balloons were everywhere to be found.

gasped in awe as she looked around her own house. Her gaze suddenly fell on Sehun, who was smiling at her, his eyes sparkling as they would usually be.

"You, you came for this?" Mikyung was still looking around in awe and couldn't help letting her jaws drop.

She saw Sehun nodding before turning around. Sehun gave Mikyung one quick glance before running into the kitchen.

Mikyung shrugged and sat on the couch. She felt like something was missing. Usual things which should be there on a birthday surprise, or party...

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KANG MIKYUNG!!!"

Mikyung turned to the source of voice. There were 6 handsome guys, with birthday hats on, their smiles creeping as usual, and a birthday cake!

She nearly screamed at the sudden shockness. However, she should thank herself for not over-reacting.

She quickly stood up from her seat, suddenly forgetting about her everyday outfit, which was always revealing—tank top with really short shorts—and her jaws dropped again.

"Wow! Thank you so much, guys! I really appreciate this." Mikyung smiled.

Chanyeol clapped his hands, "It's too early to thank us! First, birthday cake and birthday wish!"

Then, all of them started singing birthday song for Mikyung, including Sehun. "SAENGIL CHUKHA HAMNIDA! SAENGIL CHUKHA HAMNIDA!"

Baekhyun continued, "Sarangha~neun, uri Mi~kyung! Saengil chukha hamnida!"

Mikyung smiled at Baekhyun's voice. She didn't know he had such a beautiful, yet so calming voice.

"Now, birthday wish!" Chanyeol coo-ed and clapped his hands once more.

Mikyung closed her eyes, *I wish I can always be with this guys, smiling as I used to be, especially with him, Sehun.*

She didn't think much but opened her eyes and blowed all the candles out. Suho, who was holding the cake, eye-smiled her and with that, the other EXO-K boys clapped their hands.

"What's next?" Mikyung blinked in enthusiasm as the other EXO-K boys exchanged glances.

"SOJU TIME!!!!" all the boys cheered as they opened a box of bottles. Mikyung widened her eyes. The maids might be observing them and tell everything to her parents later on.

Suho explained, "Since it's a sweet seventeen and we don't bring presents, we're giving you a taste!"

"I'm still illegal, guys!" Mikyung exclaimed in horror.

Baekhyun slapped Suho's arm, "See, I told you she's still illegal. The legal age is twenty, you know."

Suho grinned and D.O closed Kai's eyes, while Chanyeol covered his ears.

Geez... They're so helpless...

 

 

In two hours' time, it was already 9 p.m. since the EXO-K boys arrived. And not to mention, her house had become a huge mess, especially in the living room.

Suho kept insisting Mikyung to try just a single shot of soju and Mikyung rejected it over a thousand times. Mikyung herself didn't know what had gone into Suho's mind when she thought he was the angel of the group.

And for Chanyeol, Kai and D.O, they were already collapsing onto the glass table in the living room.

"Stop drinking this, Kai. I told you to stop..." D.O mumbled lazily and threw his head onto the glass table.

Mikyung sighed in despair. If her parents knew that some guys actually came into their house and brought soju with them, they would surely sue them and scold Mikyung for letting them in.

"Hey," Sehun whispered and took a seat beside her. "Let's go."

Mikyung knitted her eyebrows, "Eh?" But before she could protest more, Sehun grabbed her wrist and dragged her outside.

They were now in her garden. Mikyung didn't know how Sehun knew that her family had a small garden behind her house, because Mikyung herself had never introduced her house to him formally.

"Here," Sehun shoved a small box, his eyes searching for Mikyung's as they slwoly made eye contact.

"What is this?" Mikyung asked as she slowly reachedfor the box.

Sehun shrugged and put his hand behind his nape. "Just open it," he grinned. Mikyung drifted her eyes onto the small gift. Timidly, she opened the box.

Okay, it wasn't like Sehun was going to give her cockroaches or bugs, right? But, why was she taking so long just by opening the box? When she finally opened the box, Sehun sighed in relieved when he saw Mikyung's expressions softening.

She took it carefully, "Phone charm?"

Sehun grinned, "I didn't know what I should give to you. I'm sorry if this small gift doesn't meet your expeta—"

"Thank you." Mikyung smiled.

"Sorry?" Sehun asked.

Mikyung repeated more confidently, "Thank you. I love this."

Sehun's world stopped for a moment. He didn't think a rich girl like her would appreciate his small gift this much. Looking at her face, he would suspect that she had never received a gift since her first birthday.

"You-you're welcome." Sehun avoided her gaze for a while.

Why was he even avoiding her gaze?

"Well, I actually bought this as a couple charm. I couldn't find anything cuter and even if it's cuter than this, I found those too fluffy and girly. And so..."

Sehun took out his phone as well.

"Sehun! They are sooo cute!" Mikyung exclaimed and took his phone to compare the phone charm she got with his.

"I'll definitely use this," Mikyung looked at Sehun.

*Okay, Sehun. Don't forget the words.*

Sehun's body turned to Mikyung, along with his gaze, tenderly meeting her suddenly confused face.

"Mi-Mikyung," he started. "I am not telling you to forget your past, but I want you to open your eyes and heart to the reality. People come, people go. People who is meant to come into your life isn't always meant to stay. Even thouh the world hates you, you still have me, and EXO-K."

Mikyung flinched. Maybe, Sehun was right. She should try opening her heart to this world. She shouldn't live in her past and grive over it.

And somehow, knowing that Sehun would always be there—or she believed—made her feel relieved.

"Thanks, Sehun. I'll try." She smiled.

Sehun gave Mikyung a meaningful look. And Mikyung didn't have time to digest his sudden blurt.

"I like you."


Fnally!!!!!! An update!! Lol i'm so sorry to keep you guys waiting.. I dunno what's on my mind and i got carried away and this is what it turned out like XD bear with it

til next update, bye guys :)