Worried

Falling into His Trap

"Appa? Eomma?" Mikyung was startled at the sudden appearance of her parents.

"Who was that boy just now?"

"Weren't you guys supposed to come back 1 week more?"

"Mikyung, we're asking you, who was THAT boy just now?!"

"If you guys had told me that you guys were coming back earlier, I would have made some kind of party for you guys, though."

"WHO WAS THAT BOY JUST NOW?!" her father finally snapped and startled Mikyung once again.

Mikyung looked down, with tears slowly forming in her eyes.

"You, follow us."

 

 

"Now tell me, wh—"

"Let me ask her." Mikyung's mother interrupted his father from exploding again. She knew that if he continued talking in that poor temperament he'd got, he would immediately collapse.

"Mikyung, you must tell us everything that had happened during this few weeks that we've been away. Who is that boy? And I've received reports that you've been slacking off from your  afterschool lessons. And why is that?" her mother tried to convince her.

Mikyung gritted her teeth and still had her head down. She was tired of her life. It had been much worse before Sehun came.

And now that her parents had come back from their so-called business trip, they will try to put her in a cage again, where she couldn't be as free as a normal teenager.

She hated the fact that they came from a rich family. Even though many people out there wished to be as rich as her, she was wishing the total opposite of it. It was really okay for her to live in a poor family, but with a rich heart.

"Aren't you going to answer?" 

Mikyung snapped out of her thoughts and looked at her mother. She was ready this time. This time, there will be no more stopping her from getting what she wanted the most.

It was love.

"That boy is my boyfriend. I'm not slacking off, I'm studying together with him," Mikyung told her parents. Although it was not completely true,it was better than having her father have a heart attack.

Both of her parents' eyes widened. "Wh-What are you talking about? Boyfriend?" her mother asked once more.

Mikyung's brows furrowed and her eyes looked as if they were pleading. "Yes, Eomma. Can't I have one? I just wanted to feel loved, even if it's from only one person. I—"

"What do his parents do?" Before Mikyung could continue what she was talking about, her father cut in.

Mikyung just wanted to cry. Not again.

"But Appa, don't you wanna know who that guy is, what did he do that made me love him, or what kind of guy he was?" Mikyung reasoned.

Her father just gave a glaring look and that made Mikyung shiver.

Mikyung looked down. "He, he's an orphan."

"Again?! An orphan, again?! It's the second time, Mikyung! Two years ago was Luhan, now who?! You can't just keep going out with an orphan! What about your future to take over the company if we don't make connections?!" her angry father snapped.

"What is it with orphans, Appa? Why are you always trying to snatch away my happiness?!" Mikyung finally cried and let it out. Her mother could only shake her head.

"Please, Appa, just let me be happy. I'm happy with him. If you don't want me with him, please make me feel at home. You can't even do that, right? Now why are you even trying to snatch my only happiness away?" Mikyung told him.

Her father stood up and walked away. "Fine, do what you want."

Mikyung's eyes brightened. "Really? Appa? So you're giving me permission to date him?"

Her father turned around, "Permission? Ha. I'm just giving you some time to have fun. And when the time comes, you'll have to break up with that orphan."

Then, both of her parents walked away. Mikyung closed her eyes and wiped her tears. She patted her chest.

"It's okay, Mikyung. It's going to get better soon."

 

 

"Kyungie yah~~" Sehun took a chair and sat on it, while facing Mikyung. He pouted. Mikyung had been quiet again. What was it now?

Sehun pouted even more when he heard Mikyung sigh. Mikyung finally looked at Sehun. "Sehun, I must tell you something."

Sehun blinked a few times. "Yes? What is it?"

"My parents..."

Sehun softened. It must be hard for her to face the same thing twice. Her parents must've experienced something extremely bad with something called orphan. They were way out of line in that, he thought.

"They returened yesterday and knew about us. My dad let me go yesterday but I know that he must have something else in mind to separate both of us. I'm afraid, Sehun. He'll make us break up sooner or later." Mikyung was very worried.

Sehun smiled and took Mikyung's hands, "Don't worry. I like you and we're not breaking up sooner or later. We still have a long path to walk but as long as we're together nothing can separate us, okay?"

Mikyung smiled upon hearing his words. "Thank you so much, Hun."

Sehun reached out his hand and ruffled Mikyung's hair, "Don't mention it."

Mikyung pouted. "By the way, when are you going to stop ruffling my hair? It makes me think that I'm a dog, you know."

"Well if you say so, then you're dog," Sehun stuck out his tongue and once again ruffled Mikyung's head. Mikyung exclaimed and slapped his hand, telling him to stop, but in vain.

These times were the kind of times that she cherished the most. She didn't want it to end like how it did two years ago.

She made up her mind, that she wasn't going to give up this time. She was going to give everything just to be with him.

I'm not letting him go this time.


omg guys, it's been THREE years since I last updated this story! I feel so sorry for my long hiatus, but i thought about how much i loved this story and decided to continue until i finish this. i hope i keep my promise though, i have the story mapped out and i just have to write it properly. see you on the next chapter!