Sunday Classes

Falling into His Trap

It was just another normal day for Mikyung. She had to go home to complete her routine; it was back to being left alone.

But, today was slightly different. The new transferee would sometimes ask Mikyung about the school lessons and of course, Mikyung didn't have a choice but answered it, even though she knew she was being very awkward.

Later, the break hour came and Mikyung was called to the principal ofice. Everytime when she was called, the principal would always ask her about participating in competitions and whatsoever. But still, Mikyung entered the principal office and found the principal sitting on his office chair while writing some stuffs.

"Excuse me," Mikyung called softly. The principal looked up. "Oh, Mikyung. Come, sit here," he said to Mikyung.

Mikyung took a seat in front of the principal desk. "What is it that you want to tell me, Mr. Song?" she asked politely.

"About that," he said. He took out a notice and handed it to Mikyung. "Our school is actually thinking about doing charity programes for the poor. We are also finding a way so that these programmes can bring many advantages for the students. So, we're asking you to help us with these programmes. You may take a look at the notice first."

Mikyung looked at the notice. *Sunday School for the poor? At the school? This will be sooo interesting!* she squealed in her mind.

"When is the Sunday School going to start? And... Am I the only student to participate? What am I going to do as a participant?" she showered the principal with a bunch of questions.

The principal chuckled. "Well, actually it will be held this week. There are quite many students who couldn't afford school fees and wanted to participate in Sunday School. But, you can start by next week if starting this weeks is too fast for you."

He continued," There will be some senior students as well. But, you're the only student who's in first year of senior high school to participate. You're going to teach them and learn how to socialise well because we've been watching you from afar and you weren't that active, especially in conversation periods. You won't be paid for doing this, but consider this as adding your experience level more than other students who aren't chosen."

only formed an 'O' shape. She 100% agreed with the principal. "But, I want to start from teaching elementary students, is there elementary students?" Mikyung asked.

The principal nodded. "Okay then. It's settled. Come to this school every Sunday at 8 a.m. Where the Sunday School will be held will be announced by teacher on charge. And remember, you should keep this as a secret because we don't want the whole school to get crowded and it's only for charity event. Even this notice is a secret," the principal whispered the last sentence to Mikyung and ended up chuckling.

Mikyung understand what he meant and left the office. She was going to go to the canteen. But first, she folded the notice and kept it into her pocket.

Just as she wanted to stepone step away from the office, she saw Sehun with his headphone, standing not so far from the principal office.

Sehun turned his head and saw Mikyung looking at him. When Sehun looked at her, Mikyung quickly turned around and walked briskly to the canteen. Sehun, who saw this, just shrugged his shoulders and continued enjoying the song being played from his headphone.

 

 

Mikyung rolled herself up and down for the nth time on her bed. She was thinking on how to teach those little children. The most frustating thing was, she hadn't come up with a topic for the lesson.

She should make it quick and easy for them to remember.

Then, she came up with an idea. Grammars for English and Mathematics were the subjects she was the best in. She could come up with some tenses lessons together with the Maths formulas.

She jumped up from her head and went to her desk. "Yes! Finally!" she shouted freely. She started coming up with some ideas and combined them together.

Quite pleased, her lips curved into a wide smile.

Oh dear, you wouldn't know how long since the last time she smiled like that.

-------

Sunday~~~

 

Mikyung was at her house. She was preparing for the Sunday classes. She even practised how would she communicate in front of the children and many other things which envolve expressions.

She went down the stairs and called Mr. Kim to drive her to school. She had told her personal chauffeur that from now on she would be coming to school on Sundays. Mr. Kim had also told Mikyung's parents.

But still, it would be nice if her parents had heard her directly.

Anyways, back to the topic. She went into the car and drove away to school.

Once she arrived, she found everything was quiet and still. Maybe she was too excited for the though of teaching those children and that made her arrive a little too early.

She went into the big school. At the school lobby, some senior students were talking to one another. She decided to greet them. She'd be meeting them every Sundays from now on, anyway.

She approached them and greeted them, "Hi, sunbaenims," she smiled her best not to look awkwards in front of them.

The seniors stopped talking and looked at Mikyung.

"Oh! Aren't you Kang Mikyung who is in first year of senior high section?" one of them asked.

Mikyung was quite shocked to know that they were quite friendly. She smiled again and answered them, "Yes. I am not experienced in charity events like this, but please take good care of me." she bowed a little to them.

"Haha. You don't need to be so formal. I am Lee Hee Yeon sunbae. You can call me if you want me to scout you for today." she offered nicely.

Mikyung was again shocked by this senior's actions to her. No one had even talked long and wide to her since she came to Senior High School in Seoul High.

Mikyung said, "Thank you, sunbaenim. I think I'll just walk around the school for now." she then smiled at the seniors and left.

 

Mikyung actually didn't have any plan going to somewhere around the school. But then, her eyes brightened up for the thought of going to the practice room.

She smiled and ran to the practice room. But, she felt strange. As she approached the practice room, the sound of music being played was getting louder and louder.

She quietly opened the door, trying not to make any noise.

She was very surprised to see someone there. Moreover, when she found out that the someone could dance very well.

She was going to close the door when she felt that the sound of footsteps stopped. She quickly closed the door and released the door knob. She squinted, hopefully not to make any sound, or at least, that someone couldn't hear her.

Just as when she thought she succeeded in not disturbing that person, the door was opened.

There revealed a boy with full of sweats. Mikyung didn't dare to turn around.


 

hey guys! another chapter ^^ Exams are over, so yeah, I will start updating from now on.. Please support me for this fic! :)