Forgiveness

Falling into His Trap

School started as boring as always. However, it was quite different for Mikyung. It had been two days since Sehun and her started dating. She was sitting on her seat as always and she was the earliest student to be in class as always too. She was reading her book when she noticed a presence beside her. She knew it was none other than Sehun, her boyfriend.

She smiled at him and Sehun smiled back at her. Sehun sat beside her and Mikyung continued reading.

"Hi, girlfriend!" Sehun chimed, emphasizing on the word 'girlfriend'.

Mikyung looked around the classroom, she put her index finger on her lips, signalling him not to call her girlfriend. Luckily, there was still no one in her classroom because they were the earliest to come. "Don't call me that in school. I don't want to attract any attention," Mikyung scolded Sehun lightly.

Sehun pouted at her reaction. Was it an embarrassing thing that she didn't want anyone to know? "Why? It is true that we are dating now. I don't want to hide anything."

Mikyung rolled her eyes. It wasn't like she hated the idea of dating him. It was just, she didn't want the stares and judgmental looks from everybody, just like how it was 2 years ago.

"Besides, after that incident at the party, I don't think anyone would know that we are not dating. I was basically your knight in the shining armor!" Sehun said proudly. He put his hands on his left chest and smiled cheekily.

"Hey, don't talk about that anymore. I don't want to remember it ever agian. It was so embarrassing," Mikyung furrowed her eyebrows. She gripped a handful of her hair and smelled it. "God, I still reek of trash."

Sehun laughed. She handled it pretty well for someone who had never stood up for herself. He just wished that he could protect her more. Had he not arrived on time, Aera would have made Mikyung a walking disaster.

Mikyung smiled playfully at Sehun and said, "You're really early today, huh? Since when have you become such a morning person?"

Sehun gave her a look. "I was always a morning person, you know. I just used to not have something to look forward to everyday," Sehun smiled softly at Mikyung, "And now I have."

Mikyung put a disgusted look, "Ew, so cheesy, go away." Mikyung hit Sehun playfully on his arms. Sehun stuck out his tongue at Mikyung.

Then, Sehun remembered Mikyung's parents. He knew why they were so protective of who she was socializing with, but he would never knew why they didn't show her parently love and attention. She was their only child after all. It didn't make sense how their parents were treating their only child.

"Enough about that. What about your parents? Did they talk about me, or anything about us?" Sehun asked worriedly.

Mikyung's smile faded away. "Nope, but with my father not saying anything about it, means that he is preparing for something. And I'm pretty sure it's about how to separate us."

Sehun grew even more worried than before. They just got together, why would her parents separate both of them?

"What do you mean? How do you know that they are planning to separate both of us?"

Mikyung smiled sadly. *They had done it to me before, and seeing how effective it was, that makes me think that they don't have any reason not to do it to me again.* She thought dreamily.

"What? I don't understand it even more." Sehun asked.

Mikyung widened her eyes. Oh my God. Did she say it too loudly? She mentally slapped herself for thinking out loud. Sehun didn't have to know what her parents had done to her 2 years ago. Not now, not ever.

Just then, she saw a few students walking into the classroom. Perfect timing, she thought.

"Other students are coming. Let's stop talking about it." Mikyung said her alibi and continued to read her book again.

Sehun thought hard at her words. *So, it was her parents, huh?* He furrowed his eyebrows and tried hard to take it aside for now.

 

 

During break time, Sehun whined that he wanted to buy some food at the canteen and he wanted Mikyung to accompany him. Mikyung had rejected his offer so sternly, but somehow, Sehun's whining always worked. Mikyung had no control of her mind whenever Sehun pouted, and she hated herself for it.

Of course, with Mikyung and Sehun going together to the canteen, and how Sehun's eyes never tear away for Mikyung's face, made a lot of girls stare at Mikyung. She hated it so much. It made her remember how she used to be stared at when she was with him.

"I told you I didn't want any attention like this," Mikyung whispered to Sehun as they walked to the canteen.

Sehun whispered to her, "But all I see when I'm with you is only you."

Mikyung hit Sehun's arms and looked at him disgustedly, earning more stares for her. The other girls must be thinking, how dare she hit him like that? But for Mikyung, it reminded her again of Luhan.


"Aish, Oppa! How many times have I told you, I don't want to go to canteen with you! The girls were giving me cold death stares and I never want anyone to look at me that way!" Mikyung whined at Luhan in a hallway where they were just a few students who didn't really care about both of them.

Luhan laughed and ruffled Mikyung's hair. "But I didn't see them staring at you at all, though," he shrugged.

Mikyung rolled her eyes. She knew the next line that Luhan was going to say.

"Because all I see when I'm with you is only you."

"Because all I see when I'm with you is only you."

Both of them said in unison. Luhan laughed and Mikyung rolled her eyes again. "Come on, Oppa, don't you think that line is too old already? I can even put those words into the category of my '10 Signs that A Guy is too Interested in You' article," Mikyung joked.

Luhan looked at her, acting hurt by those words, when in reality, it didn't hurt him at all, he was used to saying those cheesy lines and having Mikyung roll her eyes so much that he also made jokes about her eyes having great muscles because of exercise.

"I just want you to know that I really really love you, even though we're so young, I have never seen a girl as simple as you." Luhan looked at Mikyung lovingly.

Mikyung smiled, "I know. I love me too so much."

With that, Luhan chased Mikyung for her neverending and annoying confidence. "Yah! Am I in an unrequired love or something?!"


Mikyung found herself spacing out again. She turned her attention towards Sehun again, who was dancing with an upbeat song. They were in the practice room again, as always, and Sehun had asked Mikyung to see and judge Sehun's dance routine that he had choreographed with Kai the night before.

Mikyung realised that she hadn't been watching Sehun and Sehun seemed to notice, as he had stopped dancing and was now approaching Mikyung. He sat beside her, their backs leaning onto the mirror.

"You were so immersed in your thoughts," Sehun said as he wiped his sweat off.

Mikyung sighed, "I'm sorry. I was just thinking about how you resemble someone I knew very much."

Sehun suddenly grew interested. He sat closer to Mikyung and nudged her. "Tell me about it. Was it your cousin? Your ex? Your classmates?"

Mikyung flinched. Oh God. Why did she have to blurt it out like that? That would only cause more curiousity to deal with. It was enough that she thought out loud in the morning, and now this. How could she get herself out of Sehun's questions?

Sehun pouted when Mikyung didn't look like she wanted to talk about it. "It's okay if you don't want to talk about it. I'll just take it that you haven't moved on from your ex," he then leaned his back onto the mirror wall again.

Mikyung quickly responded, "No, no, it's not about that. It's just irrelevant right now. Besides, I have you now, right?" She smiled as she nudged Sehun's arms.

Sehun furrowed his eyebrows and thought. *Irrelevant? That's how hyung was for you?* he thought.

Sehun suddenly got up, which startled Mikyung. "I think I'm gonna head to class now. It will be the killer teacher's History lessons after this."

With that, he left Mikyung as confused as ever.

 

 

Mikyung just sat there and thought. Did she say anything wrong, other than not wanting to talk about it? It was her past, nobody had actually taken serious interest in her past before. Usually, everybody would just know about her past from Aera, then bully her or avoid her. Sehun was really different today. He had taken sudden interest in Mikyung's past. It's not that he was never interested, it's just that she felt like he was asking her more than necessary.

She still had a few minutes before class. She got up and looked at her surroundings. That was when she saw a familiar thing on the floor. Sehun's phone was on the floor. He must have left it when he hurried to leave the room. She figured she would just take it and give it to him later in class.

However, as she was walking towards the door, she saw someone unexpected. It was Lee Aera.

"Wh-what are you doing he-here?" Mikyung stuttered and found herself welling up in anger and disappointment.

Aera was wearing a cap and a mask on her face. She came into the room and took off her cap and mask. She looked really sad.

Mikyung snorted, "Do you think I'm going to fall for that now, after what you have done to me, Aera?"

Aera tried to reason with her, "I-I came here to apologize." Aera looked down and Mikyung was shocked to see that her eyes were swollen, and now welling up in tears.

"Don't try to fool me again with your sorry, Aera. I don't need it anymore. I don't want to see you ever again." Mikyung looked away, because seeing Aera like this, made her want to pat her shoulders and ask her what was wrong.

She knew she was stupid for thinking about that. But Aera used to be her only friend. She was the friend that Mikyung could always count on to.

"I just came here to apologize to you," Aera said, while trying hard not to crack her voice. "I really, really regret what I did to you."

Mikyung stayed silent. She didn't know what to believe anymore. Aera broke her trust twice, and she definitely wasn't ready to give Aera her trust and have it being broken again.

"I regret not telling you how I feel about Luhan sooner. I regret having to hate you just because of a boy. I regret making everybody in school hate you for your past. I regret telling everybody lies about your past. I regret it all," Aera breathed. "I regret embarrassing you in front of the crowd at Kim's birthday party."

Mikyung looked at her. Had Aera actually regretted what she had done? If she were sincere about it, then she might as well say sorry too. Aera wasn't at fault completely.

"I'm sorry too," Mikyung began.

"I'm sorry for not paying attention to you. I was oblivious about you liking Luhan, and without thinking about your feelings, I dated Luhan and created distance between us," her eyes began to tear up as she said her words.

Aera blinked. Why was she apologizing too? Even if she was oblivious, she would never know. Aera was good at hiding her feelings. Mikyung wasn't at fault at all.

"No, Kyung, don't blame yourself on this. I started all this drama. When I went home from that party, everybody called me names and I kind of felt what it would feel like to be you. I think you are brave enough that you always lived through the bullies and hurting words that people had been calling you. I regret what I did to you and I don't want to feel like that ever again," Aera said.

"Besides, we used to be friends. I just think that I've turned into such a monster that I don't even know when to stop. And now is the time to stop and move on."

"I'm sorry, but, after all of this, I want us to just stay as acquaintances. I believe you for regretting what you did. But, it will take a lot of time for me to open up to you again." Mikyung said. She was just human. She couldn't always forgive and forget, especially because she would never forget how Aera was always like to her, bullying her, spreading rumors and lies about her past and life.

Aera shook her head and smiled. "That's why, I'm moving to Busan. I'm going to live the rural life, go to school there, and see where the peace takes me to."

Mikyung widened her eyes, "Why did you have to move? Are the kids bullying you? You don't have to. I can tell them to stop bullying you."

Aera shook her head and her hands vigorously, "No, no need to do that. I've completed my transfer documents and my parents allowed me to move and live with my grandparents."

Aera took Mikyung's hands and held them. Mikyung first flinched at the touch, since she didn't use to have her touch her since 2 years ago. Aera still continued, "I want this, Kyung. It's not because of you. It's my own choice."

Seeing Aera so assuring comforted Mikyung. She would never forgive herself if she made someone suffer because of her. It was enough seeing herself suffer, she didn't want to see anybody suffer.

"Okay, then. If it's your choice, I can't do anything about that." Mikyung gave up.

Aera smiled cheekily and wiped her tears, "Hug?"

Mikyung nodded her head, "Hug."

With that, both of them hugged for the first time since 2 years ago.

Little did they know, the door closed without making a sound. Someone had been listening to their conversation. It was none other than Sehun. Well, who would enter the practice room other than Sehun, Aera, or Mikyung?

Sehun leaned to the wall next to him and sighed, *What should I do when you have such a big heart, even for someone who had hurt you so many times?*

 

 

hi guys! today i have another update and i really hope you enjoyed this chapter. feel free to leave me your thoughts about the story, and if you like this story, please subscribe and upvote! until next update, then. see you!