That Certain Guy

Falling into His Trap

Mikyung slowly opened her eyes. She tried straightening her back, but she felt pain. Her back was aching and she looked so tired.

She found herself not in her bed. Instead, she was actually sitting on her study room. She looked around the room, still not attentive at the moment.

She sighed. When she looked forward, she found a small notebook which was opened, and a pen on top of it. Mikyung furrowed her eyebrows and lifted up the pen to look at her handwriting.

 

"Things I'm Grateful for Today :

- having EXO-K as my friends

- having Sehun as my 'tutor'"

 

Mikyung widened her eyes, realising what she had written yesterday. She rubbed her forehead, thinking that she must have lost her mind yesterday.

One thing she didn't remember was, when she hugged Sehun.

-----

"You can do this, Mikyung. Fighting!" Mikyung said, cheering for herself in front of the big school gate.

When she looked up, she found someone familiar and flinched. Her smile faded.

"Let's talk." the girl pulled Mikyung's wrist and brought her to a place. In the corner of her eyes, Mikyung found Sehun standing at a certain place, seeming to stare at both of them.

 

"What is this?" Aera showed a picture from her phone. Mikyung squinted her eyes and looked at the picture.

It was a picture where Sehun and Mikyung were sitting on a place. Mikyung was holding something, as if she was about to feed Sehun with it. Sehun looked so happy with his wide-open mouth.

Mikyung widened her eyes, "Where did you get this?"

Aera smirked,"Let's just say, I'm an experienced detective?" she laughed like a witch.

"What are you going to do with this?" Mikyung asked. Aera stopped lauging and smirked instead. She inched closer to Mikyung, making her smell her perfume scent.

"I'm gonna tell this to your parents and make this guy go away. Doesn't that sound interesting? More dramas!" Aera shouted like a mad girl. No. Mad witch.

Mikyung winced, "You will always haunt my life, won't you?"

"She won't unless she quit being a drama queen."

A sudden voice made both Aera and Mikyung jolt up. Aera shivered seeing the guy approach them closer and closer.

Sehun crossed his arms, "I told you to stop being a drama queen, didn't I?"

Sehun looked over at Mikyung, which was furrowing her eyebrows at Sehun. Sehun knew that she had just heard something unusual. Yes. He TOLD her.

"If you were a boy, I wouldn't know what I would do to you, Aera." Sehun walked here and there coolly.

He stopped and sent Aera a cold glare, "This time is really my last warning, quit it. People like you don't deserve living." Aera shot a surprised look.

Oh Sehun was the first person to fight back against her words.

"Let's go." Sehun gabbed Mikyung's wrist and went out of the scene.

 

Both Mikyung and Sehun stopped at the practice room. Once Sehun released Sehun's grip, she began asking quesitons.

"Did Aera tell something about me to you? Did she—"

"She didn't." Sehun's answer was completely a lie. Even though Mikyung knew that it was a lie, it caught Mikyung off guard. She stepped back and raised an eyebrow.

Sehun crossed his arms again. He looked at her and smiled reassuringly, "Before she does that, why aren't you the one to tell me first?"

Mikyung widened her eyes and smiled uneasily, "S-Sorry?"

"Keeping it for yourself doesn't help at all." Sehun stated.

"I—" Mikyung stopped. She didn't know where to start. She didn't know why she agreed to him. She didn't know why her heart kept racing.

Sehun sat down on the wooden floor and gestured Mikyung to sit beside him. Mikyung groggily took a seat beside him and gulped.

"Pretend I'm nothing." Sehun grinned. Mikyung her teeth, *How can I when you're the reason that my heart keeps racing like this?*

Mikyung looked over at Sehun once again for reassurance, that he wasn't going to do what Aera did to her.

And somehow, she trusted him.

"I-, she, b-best fri-friends," Mikyung facepalmed. *What a shame...* she gulped and looked over at Sehun again. However, she found him doing nothing but hugging his knees, his chin resting on his kness, and staring straightforward on the wooden floor.

"We- we were best friends. I always tell everything to her. Everything. There's nothing we don't know about each other," she found herself getting comfortable.

She bit her lips before continuing on, "M-my ex. She liked him. She liked him so much. But I know nothing about it. I started to spend more time with him, instead with her."

"One day, my parents found out that we were dating. They didn't like it at all, because all they knew was I was dating with a poor o-orphan with no hopes of living. But that's not it. I lo-love him so much." Mikyung always stuttered when talking about her ex.

"He disappeared." she suddenly said, making Sehun looked at her with a questioning face.

Mikyung looked over at Sehun. She knew what he was thinking. Her explanations might be so awkward and dull. However, he understood her language.

"I don't know where he is now. When I woke up in the morning, I called him almost 20 times but there were no answers. I was so worried and came over to his place."

A sad smile appeared on her face "He disappeared."

"But that's not all of it."

"I told Aera everything. She came over to my house and comforted me. After that, she went home and I was crying alone. But then, the next day..."


In the desparation of her life, Mikyung still had to come to school. Even though she didn't want to and didn't feel like it, her parents forced her to do so, not promising anything to her.

When the break came, Aera called some of the other classes' students to come into the classroom, along with her class's students too. She said that no one was allowed to go out of the classroom, because she had an important news to be told.

Aera stepped into the classroom and closed the door. Mikyung looked at her from the very back seat. She clearly wasn't feeling so well.

"Okay. Today, I'm going to tell you guys an important news." a small smirk grew, with Mikyung not noticing it because of her blurry eyes.

"You all know the popular third grader from the other class, don't you?" all the students in the classroom nodded. Mikyung was still clueless.

"He disappeared." Aera crossed her arms.

"What?!" "Why?!" "But how!?" Questions started to come up from the female students. Even the male students were whispering too.

"You all know that Mikyung and him are dating, right? Well, it's all because of her." Aera said. Mikyung widened her eyes, not understanding. What was her point?

Aera continued, "She dumped him for another boy and our Oppa couldn't take it anymore and left." which was all a lie.

The other students looked at Mikyung, their eyes finally finding her. They sent her glares and stares. "What did you do to Oppa?" "Isn't having him enough?" "He's all what the girls want. Why did you dump him?" "You . Just go die!"

Mikyung's head went blank. She didn't know what was happening.

"And for our greatest actress, please stand up!" Aera cheered.

The other students glared at her, even the boys. Maybe the boy Aera was talking was too perfect to be true. Even the boys liked him. They boo-ed Mikyung.

Mikyung walked slowly to Aera, her teeth clenching so tightly. "What made you do this to me?" she growled in a low whisper.

Aera smirked, "You'd better go away before they throw you with over-ripe tomatoes."

With that, Mikyung stormed out of the classroom.


Mikyung didn't realise that she was already crying. "The next days were even worse. My classmates glued my chairs, painted my desk all over in red blood, I can't go anywhere. Sometimes," she sobbed. "Sometimes, I even had to eat in the toilet."

"That day, I went to the rooftop. I promised to myself, not to let anyone get close to me. Not to let anyone be my best friend. But,"

Mikyung took a deep breath, "I've broken that promise."

Just then, the bell rang. Mikyung was still in the verge of crying, while Sehun was completely still and lost in his world. He regained his senses after processing what Mikyung said to her. He broke the ice and inched closer to Mikyung.

He cupped Mikyung's face, wiping some teas from her cheeks. "Let's just skip the first period, hm?"

Mikyung looked at his eyes, scanning if there were lies or other meanings of that. But hell, she used to not talk with other people since 2 years ago, how could she identify it?

She slightly nodded and moved back. She wiped her tears and tried to laugh. "I'm so ugly crying like this, aren't I?"

"No. I'm sorry for letting you remember these again." Guilt started to raise up to Sehun's chest.

Mikyung quickly defended, "No. I'm the one who should thank you. I feel relieved now."

There a quite silence before Sehun spoke up again, "You don't look that relieved." he pouted.

Sehun suddenly moved closer to Mikyung, right beside her, until their shoulders touch. Mikyung shivered.

"Here, I can lend you my right shoulder first. You may cry all you want." Sehun pulled Mikyung's head onto his shoulder. Mikyung didn't have time to react.

She smelled the soft scent of Sehun's. It was calming. She closed her eyes and instead of crying, she was smiling. Smiling in happiness. *Even though I've broken a promise to myself, I don't feel any regret.*

Sehun looked over at Mikyung and smiled. He looked at her continuously at her angelic face. However, he looked straight again when Mikyung oved slightly to find more comfortable place.

Sehun looked at her again.

 

"Hey," Sehun called.

Mikyung just hummed in response.

"May I ask his name?" Sehun asked slowly, hoping that Mikyung wouldn't misunderstand his question.

She opened her eyes and raised her head, her eyes looking at Sehun, "It's Luhan. You wouldn't know him."


Hi guys! A little cliffhanger.. Hehehe.. I think some of you may think more about this chapter,.... Because.... I like that *evillaughes* ok i know i'm shameful....

i hope how I made mikyung stutter at her explanation didn't make you guys think that i'm theine who's awkward, because i'm not. I intentionally did that, because here she is recalling her past wich made her stop talking to her peers.

okay, i hope i don't reveal too much here. Kekeke.. Writing another chapter soon.. Thanks for reading guys!