Separating Them

Falling into His Trap

Mikyung stood a few steps further from her main gate. "Let's just stop here. I don't want us to be caught on the CCTV."

Sehun pouted and swang his hands with Mikyung's hands. "I don't want to separate with you just yet."

Mikyung chuckled at him. There, the childish side of him started to show up again. She found Sehun really cute whenever he did this. But, she really had to head in. It was about 9 p.m. and her parents could show up in any minute and catch them together.

"But I really have to head in, Hun. I don't want my parents to catch us and that would only get us in more trouble than we are already in," Mikyung said sadly.

Sehun unwillingly released his hands. "Call me, okay?" Sehun said to her. Mikyung nodded and hugged Sehun. Then, she walked into the main gate and Sehun turned his direction and started walking back to his motorbike.

That was when he saw tall figures coming in front of him. He looked up and saw two men in suits. They gestured him somewhere that he didn't notice before. There was a black car and he saw a man and a woman inside the car. He had no choice but to follow the men's gesture because he didn't want to be chased away. Besides, he was sure that this had to do with Mikyung's parents.

As he got closer, the back car door opened and he saw none other than Mikyung's parents. Sehun gulped in nervousness and stepped into the car.

"Good night, Mr. and Mrs. Kang," Sehun greeted both of them nervously.

Both of Mikyung's parents didn't reply Sehun. For a while, they stayed there in the silence and tense. Then, Mr. Kang finally spoke up, "I'll get straight to the point. I want you to stay away from Mikyung."

Sehun gulped. As much as he would really like to stand up for Mikyung and himself, he didn't want to mess with Mikyung's parents. He knew that they were influencers in their respected business field.

However, Sehun knew that he had to speak up for himself. Someone shouldn't be judged and treated differently just because of their social status. It took so much courage for Sehun to accept that afterall, he might fail his plan. But, he wasn't going to let Mikyung go. He would like to go all the way for her, because he knew that Mikyung deserved the world.

"With all due respect, I would like to apologize to both of you, because I can't do what you want me to do," Sehun spoke up.

Mikyung's parents' eyes blinked in surprise. "We don't want Mikyung to engage herself with people below her anymore. If you really care about her, you should stay away from her, because you will only bring out her negative sides back. We don't want that to happen in any time soon," Mikyung's father replied.

"I know what both of you are going to do to me. You will have me transferred to another school in a far city from Seoul, and will do anything to stop me from coming back to this city. And honestly, it terrifies me to death. I don't want to go through what someone had to go through before," Sehun said, while trying his best to sound as polite as he could.

Mr. and Mrs. Kang were devastated and shocked to hear Sehun's words. They had never seen someone speak back to them, even Mikyung had never done that, well at least until yesterday.

And that hit their thoughts, that Mikyung must have learned to disgrace her parents from this boy. Both Mikyung's parents looked at each other and nodded in understanding, their minds in sync with their thoughts.

"Well then, if you know what we're going to do to you, you might as well leave and never come back to Mikyung," Mr. Kang said.

Sehun smiled and shook his head in disapproval. "Once again, with all due respect, I don't think I'll be able to do that. I'm not afraid of the two of you, because I know what I'm doing and I won't make the same mistake as someone did before," Sehun said.

Mr. Kang was really offended by Sehun's words. "So, you are friends with that orphan, huh? That makes me want to separate both of you more, you know," Mr. Kang smiled in disgust.

Sehun put a stern face and decided not to continue the conversation, because the more he did, the more angry and enraged he became with Mikyung's parents, but he shouldn't disrespect adults in any way. "I apologize, but, my answer is still no, I won't stay away from Mikyung." He then bowed his head a little, "If you don't have anymore to say, please excuse me."

With that, he left both of Mikyung's parents enraged and resentful.

 

Sehun came back to EXO-K's house and went straight to his room. His heart was pounding hard because he had never spoken up to adults like before. He wondered where his courage came from.

Sehun put his hand to cover his face in frustation. "Who am I doing this for?"

He took out a frame of picture from his drawer. It was a picture of him and Luhan. He the picture with his finger affectionately. He said to himself, "Am I doing this for you, or for Mikyung?"

He thought and thought over his real feelings. A part of him resented Mikyung's parents for doing this to him. Now, Sehun understood Luhan's feelings for everything that he had to go through. A part of him didn't want to let go of Mikyung.

Why didn't Sehun want to let Mikyung go?

Was it because of his plan? Or because he really had fallen for the girl?

Suddenly, Sehun was terrified. He was terrified that his plan would plan not because of Mikyung's parents, but because of himself. Or had the plan already failed from the moment he met Mikyung?

Sehun thought about the moments he had shared with Mikyung ever since he met her. Their awkward encounters, progressing into friendship, more laughters and tears, and finally their relationship. Then, he thought about the moment that he had to part ways with Mikyung when he had finished what he came to do. Could he really leave Mikyung? Could he?

"I'm sorry, Hyung," Sehun said. "I lost you because of her, but I don't want to lose anyone anymore." Sehun said to himself as he put the picture back into the drawer.

Sehun lied down on his bed. Maybe, he should really give up and accept his real feelings.

 

 

"Sehun-ah, can you help me with this part of the choreography? I don't know how to convey this part into movements," Mikyung said as she looked at Sehun.

Mikyung looked at Sehun in confusion. Sehun was spacing out, while looking at her really dearly. Mikyung who had always thought that this boy was cheesy, now thought that Sehun was really a hopeless romantic.

She chuckled as she nudged Sehun. Just then, Sehun snapped back into reality. "What were you talking about?" he asked.

Mikyung shook his head. "What were YOU thinking about, huh?" Mikyung asked as she playfully hit Sehun's arm.

Sehun smiled in embarrassment. So, she noticed that he was looking at her. "It's just that, you look pretty today, Kyung-ah. Did you apply lip tint today?" Sehun asked playfully.

It was now Mikyung's turn to smile in embarrassment. She did apply lip tint, just a little though. How did this boy notice that?

"Well, I did apply lip tint this morning. Is it too obvious?" Mikyung asked as she rubbed her lip to erase some of the colour.

Sehun quickly held Mikyung's hand. "Why are you trying to erase it?"

Mikyung pouted as she replied, "I think you don't like me putting make-"

"But I just said that you look pretty today, stupid." Sehun ruffled Mikyung's hair and pinched her cheeks. Mikyung flinched and her cheeks turned red. Sehun wasn't always this affectionate before. Did this boy hit his head or something?

"Why did you apply lip tint, anyway? You don't put makeup unless for a special occasion or if you're on a date with me. Is today a special day?" Sehun asked as he put his hands on Mikyung's shoulders.

Mikyung looked at Sehun's eyes and then down. "I-I just want to look prettier for you. I don't like those girls who stare at you and most of them are prettier than me."

Sehun smiled as he adored Mikyung's little complaints about the girls who sometimes still come up and give him mealboxes and love letters, although almost the whole school knew that Mikyung was now together with Sehun and noone dared to bully her, especially without Aera.

Sehun pecked Mikyung's lips. Mikyung widened her eyes in shock and covered . "Yah! We are at school! What if someone sees us?" Mikyung scolded Sehun.

"You are already pretty to me. All those girls? They don't mean anything to me because I only see you," Sehun said to Mikyung and made Mikyung blush even more.

Mikyung was tickled inside upon hearing Sehun's words. He sure knew a way with words, and strangely, she was pleasantly disgusted, which sounded strange.

"Ah right, you have lessons today, don't you?" Sehun asked. Mikyung just nodded, "Why?"

Sehun shook his head, "Nothing. Study hard, okay?"

Mikyung tilted her head in confusion. Weird boy. But she liked weird.

 

 

It was quite late at night while Sehun was walking home with some plastic bags of groceries in both of his hands. He was walking with his earphones in his ears.

And that was why he didn't hear footsteps approaching him.

Suddenly, he was grabbed and punched in the guts by two men in black, while one person who seemed like the leader of the three watched them from behind.

Sehun tried to fight back and use the groceries to his advantage, but failed because the two men had a headstart and used Sehun ignorance to beat him up first.

Sehun was beaten by the two men and couldn't fight back at all. The path to his home was quiet and dark that day. There were no people who saw them.

If it weren't for the security guard who was on patrol, Sehun would have been beaten up to pulp by those unknown men.

---

Sehun was rushed to the hospital after that. The man who was on patrol knew him and went to EXO-K's place to notify the boys that Sehun was beaten up by strangers in black.

Of course, the boys didn't miss a moment to contact Mikyung, who had just finished her lessons that day. Mikyung came to the hospital in a hurry, straight from the academy.

Mikyung ran frantically and asked the receptionist about Sehun. When the receptionist told her and showed her the way, Mikyung immediately ran to the path the receptionist told her. When she saw the EXO-K boys, the boys immediately showed the way to Sehun's bed.

Because Sehun wasn't in a critical condition and didn't require special treatment or room, he was put with other patients who also had small injuries from small accidents and fights.

Mikyung slowly walked towards Sehun, who was receiving treatment from the doctor. Thankfully, he didn't have a broken arm or leg, but he had to get some stitches on the arm. God, his face looked swollen as hell.

As the doctor left, Mikyung looked at Sehun and approached him. "Are you okay?"

Sehun tried to smile and look fine for Mikyung, but of course failed, because the moment he tried to stretch his lips, he winced in pain. Mikyung immediately held his arm in concern, "You don't have to try to look good for me, stupid. In your state, anybody can tell that you were involved in a fight."

Sehun tried to speak, "I'm alright. Just a few stitches and throbbing pain in some spots."

Mikyung sighed and looked at the boys. "What happened to him?"

Suho spoke up, "He was on his way home when some men in black suit came out of nowhere and beat him up like crazy." The boys looked at Sehun in concern.

Mikyung's face turned dark. She knew very well who did this. It would be no other than her parents. They did this to someone, before. And now they were at it again.

Mikyung was furious. She didn't want anyone to go through this. Her parents must really be stopped. They had crossed the line.

"I'll buy some drinks for you guys. You guys must be tired from all the work, right?" Mikyung said and quickly left the boys without hearing their answers.

"We are not that tired, though," D.O said and the rest of the boys nodded in agreement.