Party

Falling into His Trap

Today was the day.

Aera arrived at Mikyung's house few hours before the party started. She insisted to come, even though Mikyung had told her not to come that early. Aera sat down and did Mikyung's makeup for her.

"You know, today will be unforgettable." Aera suddenly said, whilst putting some base makeup on her face.

Mikyung didn't know what she meant by that. "What do you mean?" Aera chuckled, "Kim's party is always unforgettable, don't you know that?"

"Oh.. Yeah.."

Both of them was silent until the makeup was done.

"The makeup's done, now change your clothes!" Aera clapped her hands as Mikyung looked at her reflection on the mirror.

Well, the makeup wasn't bad. She didn't look like a girl who just learned how to apply makeup on. Her face was glowing and her makeup was light, didn't look like those aunties who put on bunches of makeup cause they thought it was eye-catching.

"Thank you," Mikyung smiled at her.

Aera took her dress and gae it to Mikyung. Mikyung went into her bathroom to wear her dress. Meanwhile, Aera did her own makeup.

 

"We still have an hour to go. Now, let's just wait for the others to pick us up."

Mikyung's eyes widened, "What? But—" *—Sehun's picking me up*

"No buts. I'm the one inviting you here. So I should be the one to pick you up." Aera pouted.

Suddenly, Mikyung's phone rang.

 

You have received 1 new message!

From: Sehun

I'm sorry I can't pick you up today. I have some business to take care about before I go. Can you go by yourself?

 

Mikyung sighed in relief. At least, she needn't worry about him.

 

From: Mikyung

/pouts/ okay. But you owe me a treat!

 

You have received 1 new message!

From: Sehun

Okay :p

 

"Okay then." Mikyung said to Aera.

After a few minutes of tidying up, someone knocked the door. Mikyung let the maid come in. "Excuse me, Agasshi. A car is waiting for you downstairs."

Aera and Mikyung exchanged glances. "Sure, please tell them to wait for a moment."

 

 

After about 30 minutes of a ride, both of them arrived at the hotel and made their way in. Aera signed Mikyung's name on the guest book and witht hat, both of them entered the hall.

The hall was big and it looked like Kim surely paid a lot of money for that one-night party. Well, it's a once-in-a-lifetime event after all.

When both Mikyung and Aera entered the hall, Mikyung could already feel some whispers and stares behind her back. She looked over at Aera and saw her comfortable face. She didn't look bothered at all.

"What's up, beautiful ladies and handsome gentlemen!" a voice suddenly said through microphone. Mikyung stood awkwardly beside Aera.

"So, today, we're going to celebrate Kim's sweet seventeenth birthday! Now, let us welcome the birthday girl for tonight!" the MC's voice lightened up the hall.

The door was opened and there stood the birthday girl, Kim. She looked beyond beautiful. She was wearing a black gown, with a tiara on top of her head.

Her steps were confident, unlike Mikyung's. Her smile was bright, princess-like, unlike Mikyung's. Mikyung sighed, insecure about herself.

The MC started the party. Mikyung didn't feel at place at all. She felt like she would never mean to be here in the first place. If only Sehun had been there.

Soon, the DJ started the dance time. Aera was just standing andw aiting beside Mikyung, because she knew that Mikyung wouldn't want to dance and if Aera left her, Mikyung would be lost.

Mikyung, on the other hand, just wanted to go home or call Sehun to come out quickly. She felt really out of place and made up her mind not to attend parties like this anymore.

She regretted accepting Aera's request.

"I'm going to the restroom."  Mikyung finally whispered to Aera.

Aera smirked.