Inseparable

Falling into His Trap

After that conversation, Mikyung quickly went out of the office room and closed the door. She could still hear her father shouting in anger. She felt really curious about why her father was really angry. She decided to stay outside the room and eavesdrop their conversation.

Mikyung opened the door a little and saw her mother trying to calm her father down. She saw her mother patting his father's shoulder. Sure, sometimes they looked like a loving couple, sometimes they fought like they wanted to rip each other's throat out.

Mikyung tried to focus on the faint sound from the office.

"You know, Honey, you could have handled that a little bit better," her mother spoke.

"This is why I never wanted a daughter, Honey. Girls tend to let their feelings get in their head before anything else," her father said.

Mikyung somehow felt really hurt by her father's words. Why couldn't their parents love her for who she was? She always tried her best to be the best daughter for her parents, but her parents never seemed to appreciate her efforts.

Her mother sounded upset, "I know, Honey. I know that we've always wanted a son. But actually, I feel really bad for not being able to give her enough love. We are always so busy with our work."

"I know, but she never listens to me. It would have been easy if she had listened well to us," Mikyung heard her father sigh.

"I understand, Honey. But she is seventeen now, let's try to take it easy on her, okay? I feel really sorry to her, but everytime I see her, a part of me blames myself and a part of me blames her for all of this." Mikyung could hear her mother's voice trembling. Was her mother crying?

Her father patted her mother's shoulder, "Please don't bring it up again, Honey. I don't want you to stress over this again."

 

Mikyung couldn't manage to hear their conversation anymore. She quickly left the door and ran upstairs. She went to her room and shut the door behind her.

By the time she arrived in her room, she was already in tears. She got a clue why her parents always acted like they did all these years.

Was it because she was a daughter and she wasn't a boy? But why did they blame it on her? Was it her fault for being born as a daughter, not a son?

The memories of her parents went into her mind little by little, as she remembered how her parents had always acted with her. They always compared her to sons of their business partners. They always asked her to get married with an influental heir in the future. She didn't know why they did that.

But one thing for sure, they didn't want her.

Even though she always did her best, it was never enough. It has never been.

To be honest, what was she lacking?

She was always a straight A's student, she exceeded in every academic works and tests. She always listened to her parents with things related about her school life. She told her parents that she would follow her parents' wishes to take Business major in college, even though she was always interested in Science and dancing. She was always polite to her parents, she had never talked back to her parents, until just now.

In conclusion, she was the perfect daughter every parent would ever ask for. Couldn't her parents appreciate her more?

Mikyung cried as the train of thoughts affected her in a negative way. She should be thankful for her life, as there were so many people who were born in more unfortunate ways. Then, she remembered that Sehun told her that it was okay to be selfish once in a while. Was it too selfish for her to wish for better treatment from her parents?

Mikyung plopped herself onto her bed and took out her phone. She had unread texts from Sehun since she got home from the tutoring academy. She opened her texts and found 19 messages from Sehun. She read them one by one, from asking whether she had got home safe, whether she had eaten anything for dinner, whether she was studying or not, until his frustation because Mikyung hadn't replied any of his texts.

Mikyung replied his last text, which asked her if she was okay. She just said that she forgot to check her phone because she had been studying, which was true.

About two minutes after she sent the text, Sehun called her. Mikyung cleared and wiped her dried tears. She tried to warm up her voice, so that her hoarse voice wouldn't be heard through the phone. The last thing she wanted was Sehun to worry too much about her, especially because she hadn't received such good care from somebody in a while, and it actually felt kind of awkward.

Sehun spoke up first on the other line, "Why did you take so long to reply my texts?" Sehun asked in an annoyed voice.

Mikyung sat still in silence. Should she tell Sehun about the conversation with her parents just now?

"I'm sorry. I studied a little bit more in my room. I never check on my phone when I study," Mikyung replied. She decided not to tell anything about the conversation with her parents. She was afraid that Sehun would actually leave her.

Mikyung heard Sehun chuckle on the other line. She furrowed her eyebrows. "Hey, I'm kidding. Of course I'm not angry. I'm just worried because you told me not to pick you up and I didn't see you go into your house by my own eyes." Sehun said assuringly.

Mikyung pouted, but sighing in relief in her heart because Sehun didn't get mad at her. "I thought you were mad for real, Sehun."

Sehun smiled, "I won't, Kyung. Just make sure to reply your texts next time."

Mikyung nodded, even though she knew Sehun couldn't see her. "I'll keep that in mind, Hun."

Both Mikyung and Sehun stayed silent for a while. Sehun was confused because Mikyung had been quite talkative these days. Her voice didn't sound good either. Sehun wondered if she got into trouble or fought with her parents.

"Hey, Kang Mikyung," Sehun said on the other line. Mikyung, who was spacing out because of her parents, answered, "What is it, Oh Sehun?"

"Are you alright?"

Even though those words were really simple, Mikyung's eyes teared up upon hearing the words. She covered , trying hard not to let Sehun hear her sniffling sounds.

And of course, Sehun could hear her sniffing sounds on the other line. Bingo. He was right that something was wrong with Mikyung. He didn't know how he could know. Maybe, just maybe, he felt more connected to Mikyung, as they got closer each and every day.

"It's okay, you can cry only in front of me,"Sehun said, as if he was there with Mikyung.

Mikyung uncovered and let her sniffling sounds become louder. She let out her anger and sadness that she had never let out before. She didn't know why she became such a crybaby, especially ever since she got to know Oh Sehun in her life.

Sehun waited patiently until Mikyung was able to talk. He knew that if he bombarded Mikyung with questions right now, Mikyung wouldn't be able to speak even a word. So, he just let her calm down.

"Why are you crying?" Sehun asked worriedly when the sniffling sounds started to disappear.

Mikyung cleared . Her nose became runny and her voice became hoarse. She was such a mess right now.

"I-I had a fight with my parents." Mikyung managed to speak.

"What happened?" Sehun asked.

"They want to separate both of us," Mikyung blurted out.

Sehun wasn't really shocked to hear that. He had known that her parents would never like an orphan like him. However, he was afraid that Mikyung would tell Sehun to stay away from her.

Was it because he was afraid that his 'plan' would fail? Or was it because he was afraid to lose her for real? That, Sehun still couldn't answer.

"So, what did you say?" Sehun asked curiously.

"I told them that I didn't want to stay away from you. You mean so much to me," Mikyung pouted.

Sehun sighed in relief on the other line.

Mikyung continued, "But I wasn't really upset about that. What I was really upset about was, I overheard their conversation after I went out from the room." Mikyung rolled over from her position on her bed.

"So, what are you upset about?" Sehun asked.

"I overheard that they had always wanted to have a son. But is it my fault that I'm a girl? I don't get why they didn't want me as a daughter. To be honest, what am I lacking? I have always been a good daughter to them, but I don't think they would ever appreciate my efforts," Mikyung explained.

Sehun smiled. He realised that Mikyung actually took his advice. Although it wasn't the best advice ever, to be selfish once in while was what Mikyung needed to do. He was frustated to see Mikyung sometimes.

On the other hand, he was confused. Mikyung's parents weren't the worst parents ever, but they could have treated Mikyung better. It was true that Mikyung was always a good girl. Even though her parents neglected her efforts, Mikyung was never naughty. She wasn't fond of parties and clubs, in which teenagers would be interested these days.

"I can never understand your parents' way of thinking, Kyung-ah. But one thing for sure, you should be thankful of what you have right now. Besides, you have me now, right?" Sehun said without thinking much about himself.

Mikyung smiled weakly. She was relieved that she had Sehun now. Her boring life became so much more interesting now that Sehun was with her. Before, no one would ever be interested in having a phone call with her. That was away she always felt like she didn't need a handphone or do those social media things.

"You're right. I have you now." Mikyung said.

Sehun smiled proudly. He felt so happy hearing those words from Mikyung.

"You don't have any lessons tomorrow, do you?" Sehun suddenly asked.

Mikyung blinked her eyes. What was he up to now? "Yes, I don't. What are you up to now, Oh Sehun?"

"Let's go to D.O's eatery tomorrow. We can play there for a while and have fun there." Sehun playfully said.

Mikyung smiled from ear to ear, "Sure, let's do that."

Sehun said, "Good then. Now, go to sleep, My Sleepyhead."

Mikyung grinned at his words. So cheesy, but so cheesy that Mikyung couldn't stop smiling. "Okay. Bye, My Weirdo."

Before Sehun could reply Mikyung, Mikyung quickly shut off the call, so that he couldn't whine at her. That night, Mikyung slept in a happy mood.

 

 

"Hi, Mikyung!" All of the EXO-K boys greeted Mikyung in unison.

Mikyung smiled back at them and replied, "Hi, guys."

Baekhyun and Chanyeol suddenly spoke up, "Since Mikyung is here, let's play a game." The other boy looked at the two of them and raised their eyebrows. Mikyung and Sehun exchanged looks, and Sehun shrugged his shoulders.

A few minutes later, all of them were playing board games and playing cards. Mikyung had never had this much fun in a while. She laughed at how the EXO-K guys debated over the smallest things, how the guys never made her feel left out, how considerate they were with one another.

"Hey, stop looking at my cards! That's cheating, you know!" Chanyeol smacked Baekhyun's head and the other guys' laughter followed.

Baekhyun smacked Chanyeol's head back as revenge and scolded him, "Yah, I'm older than you! Have some respect, dongsaeng."

Chanyeol grinned and smacked Baekhyun's head again, "You are only older by a few months, hyung." He stuck his tongue out and laughed with the other guys again.

Mikyung laughed as she looked at Sehun, who was laughing with the other boys. She really wished she could be like this everyday. Chatting, playing, having fun and especially with people she cared about. EXO-K boys had eventually become people she cared about. They were considerate and fun to hang around with. They took care of one another really well like a family. They treasured one another because they knew what it was like to not have a family, even though most of the time they fought and debate with one another.

While the guys were serious playing, D.O got up and said that he had to prepare dinner for the guys. Mikyung, who liked to cook even in her house, of course, volunteered to help.

"What would you like to eat, Kyung-ah?" D.O asked Mikyung as he scanned the refrigerator.

Mikyung shrugged and replied, "Anything is fine with me. You can cook whatever is in the refrigerator, Oppa."

D.O looked at her and smiled. "Do you like seafood?"

Mikyung smiled, "Yes, I actually really like seafood."

D.O said, "Then, let's cook seafood soup. I have some rockfish and barnacles. Oh, I have some anchovy as well so we can make broth out of it." D.O took out all of the ingredients and Mikyung just looked at his quick and experienced movements.

"Come here, you can cut the radish and remove the fish head. I'll crush the barnacle and prepare it." D.O gestured her to come over and gave her a knife.

They were quiet for a while because both of them were preparing the food. "Whoa, you actually know what you're doing," D.O said as he stood beside Mikyung while holding a bowl with barnacle meat in it.

Mikyung laughed, "I guess you're underestimating me, Oppa. I actually can cook a full meal for you guys if you want."

D.O nodded, "Alright, then you can cook the soup and I prepare the side dishes." Mikyung gave her thumbs up and continued cutting the fish.

D.O said, "From whom did you learn to cook, Kyung?"

Mikyung smiled, "My maids taught me to cook ever since I was little. It was boring being the only child, you know. So, I had nothing to do other than study in my room since little. One of the many things that could distract me from being stressed from studying was cooking."

D.O nodded in understanding and replied, "Oh, really? Did your mother teach you too?"

Mikyung shook her head as she put the fish and radish aside. She started making the soup sauce in another bowl. "My mother doesn't know how to cook because she's too busy working. Besides, we always have the maids to cook the food."

D.O looked at Mikyung, "Well, Sehun did say that your parents are often busy that they forget to take good care of you."

Mikyung shook her head and looked at D.O. "He said that about me?" D.O nodded and started cooking some scallion pancakes.

Mikyung smiled bitterly, "Sehun is wrong then. My parents always take good care of me. They work hard to become at where they are now and give me the best education and life. There are so many unfortunate kids who can't eat well because their financial situation isn't good. There's always someone who's in worse situation, you know. So, be thankful that you can enjoy your life without worrying much right now."

Mikyung tasted the sauce she created and nodded to herself. Then, she started boiling water in a pan and prepared the anchovy.

D.O smiled at Mikyung, "You're really mature for your age, Kyung. Sehun should feel lucky to have you."

Mikyung grinned happily, "Great to hear that. I also feel lucky to have Sehun. He's always there for me. Everyday is never boring with him around."

D.O said, "Well, I hope you two can last long and be happy. I really do." Mikyung smiled upon hearing that. She earned permission from one of Sehun's friend, who was like a family to him.

"You know, Sehun may be childish and annoying sometimes, bu-"

Suddenly, Sehun's head popped out from the kitchen curtain. D.O jumped from his position and rubbed his chest in shock. "Speak of the devil."

Sehun came in and pouted, "Were you guys talking about me?"

Mikyung stayed quiet as she finished preparing the anchovy. Then, she started pouring the ingredients into the boiling water.

"What are you cooking?" Sehun asked as he stood closer to Mikyung. "I'm cooking seafood soup for the boys," Mikyung replied as she looked at Sehun.

"What can I do to help?" Sehun asked.

D.O shook his head in amusement. Sehun had never offered to help in the kitchen before. He looked at them as Mikyung ordered Sehun on what he should do. Sehun immediately did what he was told to and Mikyung went back to her task, while looking at Sehun's progress once in a while.

D.O wondered, what had changed him so much ever since meeting Mikyung? And he thought Sehun would never fall for Mikyung...

 

"Okay, dinner's ready!" D.O chirped as he came out with tray full of side dishes. Sehun came out with the big pan of seafood soup covered with the lid. Mikyung came out last with the tray of bowls of rice.

They began setting the table and started eating immediately. Mikyung scooped the rice for the boys first and lastly hers, while D.O set up the dishes on the table. Sehun finally opened the soup lid cover and the smell of the soup began filling the air.

The boys and Mikyung smelled the refreshing seafood smell. Mikyung kind of hoped that the taste of the soup would be in par with the smell of the soup.

"Whoa, D.O hyung, as always!" Kai gave his thumbs up at D.O in respect.

D.O shook his head, "Actually, no, Mikyung cooked the soup this time. I only cooked the side dishes.

The other boys looked at Mikyung in disbelief. "I didn't expect this coming from you, Mikyung," Suho said, while the other boys nodded.

Mikyung raised an eyebrow. "Why are you guys so shocked? Did Sehun tell you guys that I'm a spoiled kid from a rich family that only knows how to shop?"

The boys laughed and Sehun scratched his head. Baekhyun said, "Well, Sehun technically only told us that about you."

Sehun immediately smacked Baekhyun's head. "Hyung, stop it."

Baekhyun pouted as he smacked Sehun's head as revenge. "Why do the younger ones keep smacking my head today?"

Chanyeol ruffled Baekhyun's head, "Aigoo, stop complaining like a child, hyung."

All of them started eating and were quite shocked that the soup tasted amazing. Well, D.O had always made delicious food for them, but they were shocked that Mikyung really knew how to cook delicious food, although D.O could still have made more delicious food.

Mikyung was shocked that the seafood tasted really fresh. She never really ate that much seafood at her home. "D.O Oppa, where did you buy the seafood from? They actually taste really good and fresh!" Mikyung asked happily.

D.O replied, "I bought this from a traditional market near the beach. They only sell freshly caught seafood and I always buy from there."

Mikyung dropped in awe. "Wow, so this is the difference between the freshly caught seafood with the ones from the supermarket." Mikyung continued eating and savoring the soup deliciously.

Sehun laughed, "Is this your first time eating seafood? Don't you eat seafood at home?"

"My parents don't really like the fishy smell of seafood, so we rarely eat seafood at home," Mikyung answered him with full with food. "Seriously, D.O Oppa, please tell me the address of the market. I will get the seafood from there next time I want to make food with seafood in it."

Sehun chuckled, "Eat slowly. We can cook another seafood soup next time if you want." He said as he put a piece of egg roll onto her bowl.

The other EXO-K boys watched the two of them silently. They had never seen this side of Sehun before, and they realized that Sehun might have fallen for Mikyung as they saw the look that Sehun gave to Mikyung.

D.O whispered to Suho, "Sehun might fail his plan at this rate."

 

 

Author's Note :

Hello guys! It's me again. I hope you like this update and don't worry, I'll definitely finish this story! Please comment, subscribe and upvote ths story if you enjoy reading it, because I really appreciate it. See you guys on next update!