Doubtful

Falling into His Trap

"Their parents are really stubborn, Hun," Chanyeol said as he sat on Sehun's bed.

Sehun just sighed. He didn't know how to explain the boys about his decision, that he wanted to give up on his plan.

"Actually, hyung," Sehun spoke up. All the boys looked at Sehun expectantly, waiting for Sehun to finish his sentence. "I don't think I can continue this whole plan."

All the boys looked at Sehun in shock. Although they had seen it coming, they didn't know Sehun would take such a short time to give up, since Sehun was not the type of guy to give up easily like that.

Suho went up to him and said, "What made you say that?"

Sehun sighed and started explaining, "I can't do this to her, hyung. At first I thought that it was because I pitied her, but the more I think about it, I don't think I can ever leave her."

Kai said, "But Kris hyung said that she was the reason why Luhan hyung left. Isn't that why you came to us in the first place?"

Sehun gulped. Although he had made the decision of not leaving Mikyung, the thought of Luhan still made him feel sorry. He felt bad and selfish for doing this to Luhan.

"I'm tired, let's talk about this next time," Sehun suddenly said, because he didn't want to answer Kai's question and make himself feel sorry and bad even more.

The boys knew that Sehun didn't want to talk about it anymore and just stayed silent and waited for Mikyung to come back.

 

Mikyung went to search the vending machine with a blank expression. She knew really well who was behind all of that. It would be no other than her parents. She didn't know that her parents would do something like this again.

She would have been really happy if her parents had shown so much care about her life like this.

Mikyung found a vending machine and approached it. She couldn't care less about what drink the boys would want other than coffee. Her mind was too occupied with Sehun's condition.

She was beyond scared. Scared of what would happen if she continued testing her parents. Scared of imagining that this could be exactly like what she had experienced before. She recalled the incident from two years ago and surpressed her tears.

Should she tell Sehun what happened two years ago and warn him?

She had to do whatever she could to prevent two years ago from happening, even if it meant telling the boys about her past. She quickly bought the drinks, carried five cans of coffee for the boys by herself and hurried back to the hospital room.

When she arrived, the boys immediately rushed to her and took the drinks because they knew she had a hard time holding the drinks.

It was that time that she realized that in the crowded hospital room, the boys were becoming the center of attention. It must be because of their looks. Indeed, five handsome boys plus the injured one were quite a view for the eyes. Mikyung rolled her eyes and decided to let it go because she had something more important to do than worry over something as trivial as this.

"Thank you, Mikyung-ah. We'll make sure to pay you back next time when you visit our eatery again," D.O smiled at Mikyung and opened up his drink.

Mikyung smiled as the other boys thanked her.

"Excuse me, but, could you guys please excuse us for a moment?" Mikyung asked to the boys.

The boys looked at one another and nodded. Soon, they left the room and there were only Mikyung and Sehun together.

Sehun looked at Mikyung curiously. It must be something important for her to excuse the boys. "What do you want to talk about, Kyung?"

Mikyung bit her bottom lip. Shoot. She didn't know where to start.

"It-it's about what happened today," she started.

Sehun blinked his eyes. What was she trying to say to him?

"I believe that you getting beaten up has something to do with my parents. I'm really really sorry for that," Mikyung said. Sehun immediately raised his hand and gestured her to stop blaming herself. Mikyung understood his gesture, since he must have a hard time talking because of his stitched side mouth.

"I-I want you to know what had happened two years ago and warn you before it's too late," Mikyung said again. From that moment, Sehun knew what Mikyung was going to talk about. He himself didn't know if he was ready to hear what Mikyung knew happen on that incident.

Sehun looked at Mikyung assuringly, telling her that it was okay to take her time. Mikyung looked down on her lap, and she saw Sehun's swollen hand holding her small hand. Mikyung looked up to Sehun and smiled worriedly.

"Remember that day when I told you why Aera was bullying me and when you wanted me to tell you about my ex? Well, two years ago, there was this Luhan guy whom I told you about that I became close to. He was older from me by two years. I was in middle school, and he was in senior high school. Long story short, we liked each other, to the point where we felt like nothing could separate us," Mikyung started her story.

Sehun gulped. He didn't know that he would feel jealous over this, when he shouldn't be.

"Well, I was wrong. At that time, I didn't know that my parents were capable of doing something like this to a fifteen year old boy. My ex was an orphan like you. He was a bright and cheerful boy. Maybe that's why I really adored him," Mikyung furrowed her eyebrows and gulped.

"My parents wanted to separate us, telling me that I was too young for love, and that I shouldn't engage myself with people below me, and many more. I didn't want to do that and kept meeting him. I thought that I didn't need to care about my parents' prohibition that much, because I though they wouldn't dare to do anything bad to us. But I was wrong. They started doing what they did to you. They beat him up and gave him a lot of verbal abuse." Mikyung started tearing up. But she had to continue her story, for Sehun.

So, she calmed down and started speaking again. "The day I lost him, I was in Aera's house. When I called him, he didn't answer my call. I ended up going to his foster family. They said that he went back to his orphanage house and had to transfer school because someone threatened him."

"At that time, I was clueless. I didn't know that my parents were behind all of that. I lost contact with him for months. And as you know, the next day that I lost him, Aera betrayed me. She spread lies about me to the whole school, until all of my other friends left me and started gossiping and bullying me."

"One day, I had to participate and perform for a dance competition. It was a big competiton, so my team had prepared for it since the year before." Mikyung paused, "That day, he went missing. I saw his face and name on the missing people list. Until now, I haven't heard anything about him and his whereabouts."

"I asked my parents to find out about his whereabouts, but they refused. They really didn't care about what could happend to him." Mikyung's expressions suddenly turned into anger. "And I believe my parents had something to do with him missing."

Sehun looked at Mikyung in worry. Her parents sure had a way with showing her their love, to the point where he didn't know if it was for Mikyung's sake or theirs.

Sehun spoke up, "What happened to him wasn't your fault, Kyung. You should stop blaming yourself."

Mikyung looked at Sehun in concern. "But I don't want that to happen to you. I don't even know his whereabouts and condition right now. I don't want that to happen to you too. It was hard trying to move on and I don't know if I would be able to-"

Suddenly, Mikyung words were interrupted by a phone call. She took out her phone and looked at the caller. It was her mother. Sehun looked at Mikyung's phone and nodded at her, gesturing her to take the call.

Mikyung sighed and answered the call, "Yes, Mother? ... I am at the hospital right now. ... Father wants to see me? What for? ... Okay, I will be there in half an hour."

Mikyung put her phone back into her pocket and looked at Sehun. She sighed again, feeling sorry of Sehun's condition. Her parents sure ordered the men to beat him up harder than Luhan.

"I'll visit you tomorrow. Rest well, Hun-ah." Mikyung said and was about to get up and leave when Sehun held her arm.

Sehun said weakly, "Thank you for opening up to me, Kyung. I really appreciate that." Mikyung just nodded and rested her hand on Sehun's hand assuringly.

With that, Mikyung bid the other boys goodbye and left the hospital.

 

 

"Father, Mother, I have to talk to both of you about something." Mikyung said when she got home.

Her parents who were on their gadgets, stopped and looked at her, "What is it?"

"Did you have to do this to Sehun? What has he done wrong?" Mikyung asked her parents, while trying to maintain her tone so that she still sounded as polite as possible.

Mikyung's father stood up and said, "That is our warning to you. If you don't stay away from that boy, he will face the same fate as that orphan from two years ago."

"Mikyung, think about it this way. You're still seventeen. You are too young to know about love. As you get older, you will learn that not everything in this world is about love. You have to make sacrifices," Mikyung's mother added.

Mikyung laughed in disbelief. They had never taught her about love nor raise her in love, and how dare they talk about love?

Mikyung's parents started walking to their bedroom. They didn't want to hear what Mikyung had to say, because they knew exactly what she was going to say.

"Can't you let me learn and make some mistakes? That's what youth is about, right?" Mikyung asked, making her parents turn around to face her.

"Can't I go through what teenagers go through? Having someone they like and look forward to meeting everyday, having their heart broken, having to move on and meet new people, knowing about people from various backgrounds? Am I not allowed to feel what I want to feel for teenagers around my age?" Mikyung asked, with tears streaming down her cheeks.

Mikyung's father sighed in frustation. That boy surely had changed Mikyung. Before, she wouldn't even dare protest about her parents' decisions. And now, she's rebelling on everything her parents told her not to do.

"Tomorrow is your last day with him. Say your goodbye to him and never see him again. You should be thankful that this time, I let you say goodbye to him."

With that, both her parents went to their bedroom and left Mikyung alone.

Mikyung went back to her room and cried. Did she really have to leave Sehun? This time, her parents had become bolder than two years ago. She didn't want Sehun to go through this, even harder than what Luhan went through.

Should she leave Sehun? Should she?

Mikyung lied onto the bed and closed her eyes. *Maybe I should. Before he gets more hurt than this.*

 

The next day after school, Mikyung immediately went to the hospital. She only saw Baekhyun and Chanyeol who were looking out for him that day, since the other boys had to run the eatery and Kai had to go to school as well.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were doing their usual thing; fighting over trivial things. They were doing that in front of Sehun so that he could feel less lonely. Or so they hoped so.

To Sehun, they were just being noisy and disturbing. So, Sehun was really happy when he saw Mikyung. Finally, Baekhyun and Chanyeol could stop talking.

"Hello, Mikyung." Baekhyun and Chanyeol said as soon as they saw Mikyung.

Sehun finally said, "Hyung, now that Mikyung is here, don't you want to grab lunch? I don't think you have had anything to eat since yesterday."

Baekhyun and Chanyeol scratched their heads. They had just eaten snacks with Sehun not too long ago, though.

"Hurry, Hyung, go somewhere and find something to eat. Both of you must be hungry." Sehun gestured them to leave.

"Really? Is that okay? Don't you want us to stay a little bit longer?" Baekhyun asked. In their minds, they didn't know Sehun would be this caring and attentive.

While in Sehun's mind, he really wished both of them would leave him alone with Mikyung. Sehun just nodded eagerly and said, "It's okay. Besides, Mikyung's here now. Go, go."

Mikyung just smiled weakly at their bickers. Watching them really felt like watching brothers from a family.

When Baekhyun and Chanyeol had left, Mikyung sat on Sehun's bed. She looked and observed Sehun. The scars on his face were still visible. She still felt bad and sorry everytime she saw the scars, along with some swelling on his arm. There also must be some more swelling on his stomach and chest area.

Sehun noticed that Mikyung had not talked that much since she arrived. There must be something that was bothering her.

"Happy first month together, Kyung," Sehun said, trying to lift up Mikyung's mood.

"Actually, I was on the way back home from the supermarket. I wanted to learn from D.O hyung and cook for you, since I don't have that much money to take you to an expensive restaurant. But I think the groceries was left behind and I don't think the hyungs picked them up." Sehun continued.

Mikyung looked at Sehun and she felt really lucky to have Sehun. He was a sweet guy and had his own ways for expressing his love. She really felt bad because he didn't have to waste his time on someone who would only bring sorrow to his life.

Now, Mikyung felt really bad because of what she was going to do. However, it had to be done, before her parents do worse things to him.

"Thank you for treating me so well. I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend," Mikyung said and smiled at Sehun. Sehun's heart melted and he replied her with a smile as well.

"But, Sehun," Mikyung said. Sehun just blinked at her and asked, "Yes?"

Mikyung gulped. She didn't know how to start.

"Should we...?" Mikyung asked, finding it hard to finish the sentence. Sehun looked at her questioningly. Somehow, he didn't like where Mikyung was making her point.

"Should we stop seeing each other?" Mikyung asked.