Birthday

Falling into His Trap

It was her birthday. Her age plus one year in addition. And that was it. No birthday cake, no candles, no surprises from friends.

Mikyung sighed. "At least birthday phone call from Appa and Umma, eh?" she held her phone right in front of her face and shook it, hoping for a miracle.

But nothing happened. Second sigh.

She threw her mobile phone away, not caring what would happen if she continued doing that.

"Guess it's another typical day of my life." she said before getting up from the seat in the dining room.

She left her breakfast not touched and hurried outside the house, with her bag straps hanging on top her sad shoulders.

Those kind of shoulders which needed hugs from the back to get them straightened. Those kind of faces which needed truth behind people's masks.

 

"Hi there!" somebody jumped right in front of Mikyung. Mikyung was holding her bag straps, with her face sulking down like someone who was sleep-walking.

Mikyung stepped beside him and walked again. She wasn't in the mood of talking.

Sehun frowned. He knew that Mikyung was a sad girl, but not in this way. He quickly caught up and lifted up Mikyung's face with his finger.

Mikyung, who was daydreaming again, suddenly met his face. "OHMYGOSH SEHUN!" she nearly shouted as she jumped back and widened her eyes. She patted her chest and didn't dare to look at him for a moment.

She just saw that gorgeous face of him. That always-so-curious look on his face.

Okay. She needed to snap that out.

Back to the Earth, she looked around and found some students walking into the school gate with questioning faces, then they just shrugged it off and continued walking.

She just wanted to glare at Sehun for making her feel embarrassed in the morning. But she couldn't. She was at fault to, for admiring his face.

"S-sorry?" Mikyung smiled uneasily while rubbing the back of her head.

Sehun shook his head and smiled, "Nothing. Let's go." he said while ruffling Mikyung's head like a small kid.

Both of them continued walking towards their class. This had actually become a habit every morning because Mikyung herself didn't know why they would always meet each other every morning.

"Se-Sehun..." Mikyung took a step back suddenly.

Sehun stopped and looked behind. "Hmm?"

"May I ask something?"

"Sure."

"Do you know what day is today?"

"Thursday?"

"..."

"What?" Sehun blinked.

"Nothing. Let's keep going." Mikyung continued walking and in a second, Sehun was beside her again.

-----

"Mikyung!" Sehun shouted from behind. The school had ended and Mikyung was already out at the school gate to wait for Mr. Kim.

Mikyung turned around and heard Sehun's unsteady breath, his palms on his knees. She raised an eyebrow.

"Wanna go somewhere today? You look so bad today." Sehun asked once his breath was steady enough to speak again.

Mikyung raised an eyebrow. His uses of language were sometimes so confusing. One thing she knew was, Sehun asked her to go out not because he knew it was her birthday, but because she looked so 'bad' today.

Geez. So frustating.

Mikyung herself didn't know the reason she was frustated. Just to be frank, she wanted to shout out that she needed attention. Everybody needed attention from other people.

"No, thanks. I've been going out so often lately."

Sehun pouted. "Awww come on you're gonna enjoy this so much." Sehun grabbed Mikyung's wrists and nagged.

"Nope. I'm not going." Mikyung tried hard not to look at Sehun's eyes. "Mr. Kim has arrived. Bye."

"I'm going with you then!" Sehun ran towards Mikyung, who was also running.

Mikyung widened her eyes. "Oh no you're not!" She smiled a little before finally getting onto the car.

"Go, Mr. Kim!"

With that, the car blasted off and left Sehun alone.

Sehun smirked playfully, "If you're not coming to the surprise party, then I'm coming to you."


 

Hi guys! Aother short chapter, i tried really hard to update because tomorrow, i'm going to a church camp..

writing another chapter soon, guys! But i'm not promising anything, hehe :p

comments are appreaciated!