He Left

Falling into His Trap

"Hyungs," he started between his sobs. "I'm going to Busan to find Luhan hyung, and that's final."

The boys were shocked to hear Sehun. It was such a bold move and they knew that there was no stopping him.

Suho, who was the eldest of them all, of course tried to console him. "Let's talk this over in your room, okay?" Sehun nodded and with that, all of them went into the room.

Sehun told everything that he had heard and the other boys understood him. They couldn't believe that there were parents like Mikyung's parents. They pitied Mikyung for having parents like them.

The boys insisted on Suho going with him so that Sehun had an adult by his side to make things easier for him. Of course, at first, Sehun disagreed, because if that happened, they would lose two boys from the eatery and it would make things harder for the other hyungs.

But, they were also close to Luhan, although they were not as close as Sehun was with him. They also wanted to find out where Luhan was.

"So, you're going to Busan to find out about everything?" Kai said and tried to make sure that Sehun was sure of this. Sehun firmly nodded.

"But we haven't heard anything from the orphanage house or the foster family. If anything, they would have found out first, right?" D.O asked.

Sehun shook his head. "These people are no joke. They shut out the people who knew about Luhan's whereabouts and that's why we never knew. So, I'm going there to find out once and for all."

The other boys sighed and could only hope for the best. They apologized to Sehun for not being able to do anything about it, since they have responsibilites there at Seoul to run the eatery. They couldn't just leave it behind and shut out their source of incoming.

"And one more thing, hyungs," Sehun said. "If I don't find out where he is, I might as well move to a different city and start a new life there."

 

 

It was now Sunday. Mikyung had to teach her usual Sunday classes. The kids were now a lot more comfortable with her around, but some of the girls kept asking if they could see the handsome oppa that Mikyung brought with her.

Mikyung could only laugh. These kids were too cute to be true, to the point where she couldn't get jealous over it anymore.

When the classes were over, Mikyung felt strange. Sehun hadn't contacted her at all since yesterday. He wasn't answering his calls not replying her texts. It wasn't like him at all.

Suddenly, her phone rang and she looked at the caller. It was from an unknown number. She answered it hesitantly.

"Annyeonghaseyo, who is this?" Mikyung asked politely.

There was a brief silence from the other line. Mikyung waited patiently for the other caller to answer.

"Mikyung, this is Aera. I got your phone number from one of our classmates at school," the caller on the other line finally talked.

Mikyung was shocked to receive a call from Aera, since she thought that she would never meet or talk to Aera anymore. She wasn't happy or angry to hear from her, but rather curious. Aera knew that Mikyung didn't want to become friends with her anymore, so why did Aera call Mikyung?

"I'll get straight to the point, since you might be busy," Aera started. "I heard some rumors here that you may want to know about. It's about Sehun," there was a slight pause and Mikyung grew more curious. "and Luhan oppa."

Mikyung widened her eyes. Was this about what she was thinking the other day? That Luhan might be related to Sehun?

"What is it about, Aera?" Mikyung asked.

Mikyung heard Aera taking a few deep breaths before starting to talk. "Okay, okay. No matter how much I think about it, I think Luhan oppa and Sehun are from the same orphanage house here in Busan."

Mikyung was somehow not as surprised, but her suspicion was right. However, the question was, how did Aera know?

"How did you know?" Mikyung asked.

"The other day, I visited an orphanage house and somewhat found out that Sehun and Luhan oppa used to live there as kids. And Miykung," Aera hesitated for a moment.

Mikyung could feel Aera's hesitation, but she couldn't feel more curious anymore, because it could drive her crazy. "What is it, Aera? Just spill it."

"I think Luhan oppa went missing and there are some things that I think the people who take care of the orphanage house don't want anyone to find out." Aera said, somehow sounding like whispering.

Mikyung was confused. She knew that Luhan was missing, but she thought nobody knew about Luhan's whereabouts. "How do you know about all of this, Aera?" Mikyung asked.

"At first, I visited that orphanage house to volunteer to help, since I had nothing to do at home. When I visited the orphanage house to help the people there, I introduced myself as a transferee from Seoul High School, then I had a conversation there with the headmaster, and he found out. He told me that one of their kid who used to live with them transferred to Seoul High not too long ago. I asked the name, and they told me his name was Oh Sehun. Things weren't strange there." Aera said.

"Not too long after I left the room, I was still around the room, and I overheard them talking about 'Luhan whom they miss and could never see again'." Aera finished her story.

Mikyung was beyond confused this time. What could 'Luhan whom they miss and could never see again' mean?

"Anyways, Mikyung, I can't talk for too long. My grandmother wants me to help her cook," Aera told Mikyung.

Mikyung smiled. Aera had changed so much. First, she apologized to Mikyung for whatever that she had done to her. Second, she visited an orphanage house to volunteer. Third, she would help her grandmother to cook?

"You surely have changed a lot, Aera," Mikyung said while smiling. "Thank you."

"Don't say that. I am the one who should be saying that. I want to change because I realized how bad I've become these past years." Aera said. She actually still felt apologetic to Mikyung for bullying her.

Mikyung nodded her head. "Alright, I'll hang up now. Thanks for telling me this, Aera. I really appreciate it," Mikyung said.

"Okay, bye." Aera said and hang up the call first.

After Mikyung put down her phone, her smile started to fade. Aera had told her some big information. *Okay, okay. Let's organize your thoughts, Mikyung.* Mikyung thought while rubbing her temple.

First, the fact that Sehun and Luhan used to live in the same orphanage house was confirmed. Mikyung found it strange that Sehun didn't say anything about Luhan when she said that her ex's name was Luhan. Did Sehun not want to talk about Luhan, or did he not realize that they were talking about the same Luhan? Was Sehun hiding something? Did he have something to do with Luhan missing?

Second, Aera said that the headmaster talked about Luhan whom 'they miss and could never see again'. Whoa. What did this sentence mean?

Mikyung remembered the day when she found out that Luhan was missing. His name was on the list of missing people on the police official website. How did she find out? Well, she was curious about Luhan and was in the verge of reporting to the police because she couldn't contact him at all.

What could have happened to Luhan?

His foster family did tell her that he transferred back to his hometown, which much have been because of her parents' threat. Did anything happen after that? She didn't know anything about it.

Mikyung thought over this issue over and over again. Then, she decided that she should talk to Sehun again. But, Sehun hadn't been answering her calls since yesterday.

Oh my God, what was happening? Sehun wasn't someone who would ignore her calls.

She tried to call Sehun again, but it was in vain.

"If you're not going to answer any of my calls, I'm gonna have to go see you in person." Mikyung said with a stern voice to herself.

 

 

"Good afternoon, oppa," Mikyung greeted Baekhyun and Chanyeol who were working and serving the customers. Since it was afternoon and weekend, the eatery was quite crowded with customers.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked at Mikyung and sighed. They gestured Mikyung to come in. Mikyung looked at their expressions in confusion. They were usually so cheerful and chatty. But today, they weren't as energetic as they always were. They looked, gloomy?

Mikyung shouldn't waste their time, she thought. So, she approached both of them and asked, "Can I see Sehun?"

Baekhyun and Chanyeol freezed for a few seconds. Then, they looked at each other. Mikyung looked at their actiosn and was more confused as ever. What was wrong with them today? Was Sehun not there to help the eatery?

"Baekhyun, Chanyeol, bring this to table three," D.O shouted from behind the kitchen. When he saw Mikyung, his expressions changed and he put off his gloves. He got out of the kitchen and approached them.

"Mikyung, what are you doing here?" he asked.

Mikyung looked at them in confusion and answered, "Uhm, I just wanted to meet Sehun. I'm sorry if I'm disturbing you guys."

D.O looked at Baekhyun and Chanyeol and sighed. "Come with me." he said, gesturing Mikyung to follow him upstairs.

When both of them got upstairs, D.O stopped from his tracks and looked at Mikyung. "Sehun went back to his hometown," D.O started.

Mikyung widened her eyes in shock. "But, he didn't say anything to me yesterday. What happened to him?"

"I don't know why he didn't tell you, but it has something to do with him meeting someone. Suho went with him as well. I don't know when they will come back." D.O continued.

Meeting someone? Who is that someone? Was that person so important and urgent to meet, to the point where Sehun didn't say anything to her about it? What was happening?

Mikyung didn't say anything, since her mind was flooded with thoughts of Sehun lying to her. D.O knew that she was confused, and the fact that Luhan was missing because of Mikyung's parents made him somehow dislike Mikyung, even though he knew that it wasn't Mikyung's fault.

"Is there something that Sehun or all of you are hiding from me, Oppa?" Mikyung finally asked suspiciously. These group of boys were starting to feel unfamiliar to her.

D.O gulped. He didn't know what to answer to that. His eyes suddenly changed from concern to nervousness. Mikyung sensed that and finally knew that something was happening that they couldn't tell her.

"Answer me, Oppa. Right now, I have so much questions that I want to ask, but I'm holding back. So please, just answer this," Mikyung started trembling.

"Does Sehun's sudden departure have something to do with someone named Luhan?"