Talking to In-Laws

We Are Family

AMBER's POV

 

I'm giving a massage to Krystal and I think she likes it because her coldness towards me are slowly fading away. She is really skinny and I think I might break her bone or give her bruises if I exert too much force.

 

"After our show, are you still going to keep in touch with me?"she asked me.

 

"Yeah, of course." I replied to her as I keep on massaging her hand.

 

"You might probably have a girlfriend after this show."She told me which made me look at her.

 

"Why would you think that?" I asked her.

 

"Because you are more popular right now and a lot of girls got a crush on you. I'm sure you will receive a lot of confessions."she stated.

 

"Well, maybe."I replied and shifted back my attention to her hand.

 

I wonder if real married couples feel this weird if ever they talk about this kind of stuff with each other in case they decided to separate. It's somehow depressing to know that your wife is thinking like that. Our attention were shifted to her phone when it buzzed. She pulled it out from her pocket.

 

"Wow,someone is calling you at this hour." I said to her.

 

"Yeah and that someone is unknown."she answered me, not leaving her eyes on the screen of her phone. "You answer it."she said, handing me her phone.

 

"Are you sure?"I asked her.

 

"Yeah."she replied with a smile.

 

I get the phone from her hand and it is really an unregistered number. I clear my throat before I press the answer button.

 

"Good evening, Krystal Jung's husband speaking, may I know who this is?"I stated and it makes Krystal slap me on my arm and giggled. "What?"I mouth to her and scoffed.

 

"Dork."she mumbled.

 

"Hello? Who are you?" I heard a man's voice on the other line. 

 

"I am Amber Joseph Liu, Krystal Jung's husband and who are you?" I asked him back, thinking that he is just one of Krystal Jung's fans or friends.

 

"I am Yunho."he replied.

 

"And what do you want to my wife? You are aware that she is now married, right?"I told him.

 

"I'm not. My DAUGHTER never informed me that she got married!"he answer, stressing the word 'daughter' which makes me widen my eyes.

 

"M-Mr. Jung?" I asked, stuttering a bit.

 

"Yes, I am Mr. Jung."He said with a stern voice.

 

"I'm sorry Sir. I-uhm, here is Krystal." I said as I quickly handed the phone to Krystal who is laughing out loud.

 

Hearing Mr. Jung's voice made me sweat. Krystal had tricked me. She stand up from the couch and continue laughing. She went to the kitchen to talk privately to her father. Her Dad's voice is really scary.  Krystal came back then I furrowed my brows when she handed back her phone to me.

 

"Mom wants to talk to you."she said to me. "Go on, take the phone."she insisted.

 

I took a big gulp and then take the phone from her hand. While talking to her Mom, I can still hear Mr. Jung's voice on the background. I think I am on the loudspeaker. 

 

"Treat my daughter well, do you understand, Amber?"Mrs. Jung told me.

 

"Yes Ma'am, I will treat her well and take good care of her as well as our children."I said to her. I mentally facepalmed myself because I included our virtual children. I think Mrs. Jung is not scary like Mr. Jung because she just laugh.

 

"Alright. I think my daughter married a good man, after all."she said which made me smile.

 

KRYSTAL's POV

 

Amber is sweating while talking to my Dad again. I think Dad is just scaring Amber for fun and the Llama fall for it. My 'husband' let out a big sigh after their talk before he handed me back my phone.

 

"So, what did my Dad told you?" I asked him.

 

"He said that he wanted to meet me in person."he replied. "I think I need to prepare myself for that day to come."he added.

 

"You are really going to meet him for real?"I questioned him in disbelief.

 

"Yeah, we agreed on it."he answered. "Besides, they are my in-laws so I need to meet them."he continued flashing his dorky smile.

 

"What are you going to say to them?"I asked him.

 

"Thank you for raising a lovely and wonderful daughter."he answered to me while looking straight into my eyes which makes my heart flutter.

 

"M-My parents don't like persons who say things they don't mean."I told him as I look away.

 

"Who told you that I didn't mean that?"He asked me and it made me look at him. He is looking at me with furrowed brows. "I am not joking here or saying those things just to please you. That is a fact.I find you a lovely and wonderful person."he continued.