Mission 1

We Are Family

 

KRYSTAL’S POV

 

Amber gave me a ride going to SM. I hug my other members when I meet them in the practice room. It’s been three days since we last saw each other. I miss them so much. Since this is outside our show, I can now loosen up.

 

“How was your married life, Krys?”Vic-unnie asked me.

 

“It’s fine. It’s hard to become a mother of two kids but fun.”I said and giggled.

 

“How about your husband, Amber Liu?”Luna asked me while wriggling her brows.

 

“Well, he is still a dork as usual.”I answered them.

 

“We had been watching your show online. You guys had only a few skinship.” Sulli commented which caught my attention.

 

“Is it bad?”I questioned them worriedly.

 

“Nah, not really. It’s just that, you guys should act more real husband and wife. You both look like friends who are still in the stage of courting each other.” Luna stated.

 

“I agree with Luna.”Vic-unnie said and I turn to her. “Krys, I think you need to think that Amber is your husband for real. That you have feelings for him. I think Amber is the only one doing that now.”she continued.

 

“What do you want me to do then?”I asked them curiously.

 

“Well, be more sweet  and caring to him but keep your natural behavior too.”Sulli said to me with a grin.

 

“I still feel awkward doing some skinship with him, you know.”I sighed.

 

“Well, you manage to massage his forehead and that’s a good start.”Luna said and they all giggled.

 

“Yah! Don’t remind me that!”I yelled at her and they all laugh.

 

AMBER’s POV

 

I pick up Leo and Aleyna in their school since their class only last until 11 o’clock in the morning. They both ran towards me when they saw me. I pick up Leo and then patted Aleyna’s head.

 

“Appa, where is Umma?” Leo asked curiously from the backseat.

 

“She is in her work.” I answered him.

 

“So it is only you who is going to play with us this afternoon?” Aleyna asked me with raise brows.

 

“We will play after you finish doing all your homeworks.”I stated which made them whine together. I scoffed when I heard them making such noise.

 

“Appa, I feel like I’m hungry for an ice cream.”Leo said out of the blue while rubbing his small stomach.

 

“Me too, Appa.”Aleyna followed.

 

“Okay,but we will drop by at the grocery store first. I think we almost run out of food too in our house.”I said to them.

 

“Yehey!” they both exclaim in happiness while throwing their hands in the air.

 

We drop by in the grocery store and later at the ice cream parlor. After finishing one serving of ice cream, we head straight home. I notice one small white envelope in our mailbox and Aleyna get it since my hands are full.

 

“Who is it from, Aley?” I asked her as I put down the groceries.

 

“Nothing is written outside, Appa.”she answered me as she flip the envelope from side to side.

 

I took the envelope from her and there was really nothing written outside.  I lift it up and look through it against the sunlight so I can see what’s inside without opening it.

 

“What’s inside, Appa?” Leo asked me curiously.

 

“A small card is inside.” I stated. I look at the cameraman to ask him if he knows about it but he too shrugged his shoulder.

 

I open the door and the two kids run going inside. I put the groceries at the kitchen and decided to open the envelope after. I pulled out the card and I raise my brow seeing that it is from the show’s staff. I furrowed my brows because what is written on the card is in Korean alphabets and I find it hard to read. I am still learning Korean. I set it aside first and wait for Krystal to come home and read it for us.

 

AUTHOR’s POV

 

It is already late afternoon when Krystal came home. She finds her family in the kids’ room. Amber and Leo are playing tea party with Aleyna while sitting on the floor. She finds the scene amusing because she can’t believe Amber will play that kind of game. When the kids notice her, they both ran towards her and greet her with a kiss. Amber got up and followed the kids behind.

 

“Welcome home.”he said to his wife flashing his dorky smile.

 

“Thanks.”Krystal answered with a sweet tone of voice and a smile.

 

Amber suddenly remembers about the envelope that they had received earlier. He excused himself to them and head to the kitchen. Krystal on the other hand joined the kids in their play.

 

“Princess, we got our first mail.” Amber said to Krystal which make the girl turn to him.

 

Krystal raised her brows when she saw the small white envelope that Amber is handing to her. She got up and gets the envelope from her husband’s hand. She opened it and pulled out the card.

 

“Mission 1, husband should invite his closest girl friend and wife should invite her closest male friend in the industry.”Krystal read out loud while the rest is listening to her carefully. “We just received our first mission.”she stated with a big smile to Amber.

 

Amber just flashed a faint smile. He sure feels happy about it but at the same time feels bother about the thought that Krystal is going to invite the closest guy in her life. Even if that person is not yet around, Amber already feels threaten and intimidated by him. He could not understand why he feels this way.