Couple Ring

We Are Family

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I feel upset about what Amber just did. For me, a husband who will just leave the house without letting his wife now is rude and is showing disrespect. I joined the kids in watching the TV, faking a calm face. My attention was turn to our front door when our door bell rang.

 

“Umma, I think it is Appa.”Leo said to me with a cheeky smile.

 

Before I can stand up, Leo hurriedly run to the front door and open it. I heard his voice greeting Leo back in the same cheerful manner. Our eyes met when Amber look at me when he got in the living room. He curved a smile and I just rolled my eyes.

 

“Appa, where have you been?” Aleyna asked him curiously when he sat down on the chair next to mine.

 

“Somewhere.”he replied to her which made the kid raise her brows.

 

“Where is that somewhere, exactly?” I asked him with furrowed brows, sounding annoyed. I can see that he got a little bit surprise on the tone of my voice that I’m using.

 

“I went outside to buy something. I’m sorry if I didn’t tell you that I am going out.”he stated as he slightly bow his head flashing an apologetic smile.

 

I want to ask him what he bought but I don’t want to stick my nose in someone else personal business. I turn my attention back to the cartoon show.

 

“Princess, can you prepare a snack for us?”he ordered me which got me surprise and feel more annoyed at him. I fake a smile and forcefully stand up from my seat.

 

“Okay.” I replied and exited the living room.

 

I was mentally grumbling while preparing something for them. How dare him to just order me like that. I was preparing a lemon juice for them and some cookies. I got slightly surprise to see Amber opens our fridge. I raise my left brow while looking at him.

 

“I feel thirsty.”he stated as he take out the pitcher of water and close the fridge.

 

“You should have waited a little longer. I’m almost done.”I said to him and put everything in one tray.

 

“Wait.”he stopped me when I was about to carry it.

 

“What?” I answered to him with raise brows

 

“I’ll carry that for you but I want you to wear this for me.” he stated which made me furrowed my brows.

 

I got surprise when he gently grab my hand and slip a ring on my ring finger. I didn’t expect that he is going to give me a ring.

 

“If you lost it, I will divorce you.”he threatened me and then flash a sheepish smile as he get the tray.

 

I glance at his hand and he is wearing a ring too. I think he went outside just to buy this. I got stunned of his sudden action and I only snap back in my senses when he left. I look at my left hand and seeing the ring on my ring finger somehow made my heart feels warm.

 

AMBER’s POV

 

I notice that Krystal is giving me a cold treatment. I think she got annoyed when I didn’t tell her about heading out. When Leo told me about the ring, I decided to buy a couple ring. I think, having a ring on our finger will make other people believe that we are really married. The staff of this show should have given me one in the first place.  When I laid the tray on the center table, our house phone began to ring which caught our attention.

 

“Oh, I thought no one knows our home number.” I stated because  I got really a little bit surprise when it rings out of a sudden.

 

Krystal is the one who answered the phone. I grab the cookie, after the kids and sat down on the chair. I just watch Krystal as she talk to the caller. I got curious because she is flashing an apologetic smile and slightly bowing her head.

 

“Who was that, Princess?” I asked her before I start to much my cookie.

 

“It’s Aley and Leo’s school teacher. She was asking why they didn’t attend their class today.”Krystal answered.

 

We both turn to Leo and Aleyna who are giggling. I think they don’t want to go to school today.  I felt like one of the most irresponsible parent in the whole wide world. I forgot to send them to school and I think Krystal did too.

 

“Starting today, you kids will sleep and wake up early during weekdays.” I said to them and it made them frown.

 

“We don’t want to go to school, Appa!” Leo whined and pout.

 

“Leo-ah, you should go to school so that you can learn great different things.” Krystal said to him as she sat between them.

 

“Your Umma is right. If you will slack off and not go to school, sooner or later you two will live a hard life.”I stated.

 

“But Appa, school is boring.”Aleyna whined to and look at me with furrowed brows.

 

“It is not boring. In school, you can meet a lot of friends and have fun with them too. You have friends in school, right Aley?”I replied to her with a radiant smile. She nodded her head.

 

I glance at Krystal and our eyes met. She flash her sweet smile at me and seeing it made me lost in my thoughts. I just stare at her and unconsciously, her smile made me smile too.

 

AMBER’s INTERVIEW

 

“Why you didn’t tell Krystal that you’re going out?”

 

“It’s because I’m planning to surprise her. If I informed her that I will be going out, she will ask me where, right? And it will become a big problem for me.”he stated.

 

“Why?”

 

“If she will asked me that, I will be force to tell her that I will head to a jewelry shop to buy a couple ring. My surprise will be blow off.”Amber replied.

 

You can just made up an excuse to her to cover it up.”the interviewer suggested.

 

“You are right.”Amber agreed as he nodded his head which made the interviewer scoffed. “But, I don’t want to lie to her. Even if some people say it a white lie, it is still a lie for me. And I hate to lie. Besides, husband should be honest to his wife all the time.”he explained and then flash an innocent smile.

 

The interviewer got dumfounded when he heard what Amber had said. At the end he just burst into laughter, laughing at Amber’s dorkiness as well as laughing to himself. He can’t believe that Amber has that principle with him.