Chapter 8-Eomma

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If I were given the chance to live another life, I'd wish I can remember even the most minute details of my life. I don't have much memories of my childhood. I suppose it was simple. My mother and I never had a lot. Though I do remember playing in the parks and all that we didn't enjoy much. Money was the vital thing we needed for survival. In contrary to what I remember of my childhood, my life nowadays is a little more complicated. First is how my mother is nowhere to be seen. I can't even contact her. Second, is my whole emotional roller coaster with Jonghyun. I'd be lying if I say I am no longer attracted to him. Heck, he's one hot guy. But on an emotional level, things have started to fade out.

"Hey, Amber.. It's about time you actually met me." 

"It's the middle of the day. I bet you won't do anything funny in daylight. Besides, I have class to attend to. I bet you wouldn't want your money to go to waste." I replied as he was slowly carressing my neck and cheeks.

"How is your work? You still work at that bar I found you at?"

"Yeah. They pay well so why wouldn't I?"

"I don't like those people. Especially that guy."

"Seriously? They're nice folks Jonghyun. They don't take advantage of me or anything."

"What's up with you, you're no fun lately. You haven't played with me for the longest time.."

"Ohh cut it Jonghyun. Seriously, is that all I am to you? A toy? A machine? Aishh.. I'm done here. Just.." I stood and left. Whenever we'd meet all that he'll talk about is , and ! Is that the only thing he was thinking about? He tried to run after me but I managed to hide before he even found me. I'm getting tired of this thing. I might as well tell him to lay off eventually. Besides, he can easily find a girl if he wants to. I'm a liar.

On a side note, I haven't really asked what happened last night to Sulli and to me as well. I miraculously woke up on my bed since I had no memory of walking up the stairs or maybe I did. I just didn't realize it. Also, what was weird was that Sulli woke up as if nothing had happened. She cheerfully sat with us for breakfast and she actually greeted Key a good morning. It was really fishy but I didn't want to snoop around.

I also lied when I said I still had class. One of our professors sent out an email early morning that the faculty would be having a meeting or something. Not that I mind it, but I had nothing to do for the rest of the day. Krystal went on a mini vacation with her family last night and I'm not really that close to Dasom or Min or Jiyoung. I might as well go back home.

As I walked along the streets of Seoul, one thing caught my attention. I know for a fact, that my eyes were not deceiving me. It was Sulli. She was walking on the opposite side of the street, looking all dressed and cautious at the same time. I decided to follow her to see what she was up to.

Man, she walks fast. She walked and walked and we passed by several streets. We turned left by the fifth street and she entered a cafe. I didn't dare enter. Good thing there was a milk tea place just across and I could see when she'd go out or whatnot. After much shivering from the airconditioning and nagging from the lady at the place, she came out. Surprisingly, she was with someone. Let alone, it was a man. I was trying to get a good view of him but to no avail I wasn't able to catch a glimpse of his face. The two of them took different directions and I soon left once Sulli was out of sight.

At least I had something to do. I went on and opted to go home once and for all. I should just working on my plates and finish them ahead of time. I have yet to receive feedback from Mr. Song since I gave him copy of my grades before they had a meeting. 

-------------

"I'm home."

Sulli's head popped out of her room and ran towards me. "Finally, you're here. Come.." She dragged me into her room and told me to sit on her bed as she went out to get something. She then brought in a paper bag that had a sandwich. What's funny was it was from the exact cafe where I spied on her. I gratefully accepted it.

"What's this for?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to give you one. It was a good thing oppa isn't around or else he'll eat that. He has that habit. I remember he'd usually eat my chocolates back when I was still studying when I placed them in the fridge."

"Where's your brother anyway?"

"He went over to hardware store, I think? Another bulb died last night. So, he said he'll go out himself to choose and get one."

"I see. Hey, can I ask you something?"

"Sure.. Anything."

"Is it true that you are not allowed to enter Key's room?"

"It's not that I'm not allowed but.. It's like an unwritten rule? I only got the chance to enter there once and I never managed to enter again. I never dared to. His room, is.. Like his refuge. He may appear all responsible but oppa has his problems. Some of them, I don't really know of."

"I see."

"Why'd you ask?"

"Nothing. It's just that he'll always insist I can't enter his room. It's not I have plans to. But I just think it really is serious since he always reminds me not to do so."

I finished the sandwich Sulli gave me. It was rather tasty and the bread was really soft and fluffy. She happily watched me as I did so and we talked about things and she kept on saying how Key would always look after her whenever she's sick or something. 

"Thank you for the food Sulli. I really appreciate it." She only smiled and went out. Then it flashed to me, that night when I saw her crying, screaming and pleading. Key injecting something into her arm. I don't know what it was but it appeared to be some calming thing or something. She fell asleep as soon as it entered her system. I went on.

------------------

There she was, sleeping soundly on her bed. She has that habit of leaving th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter