Chapter 50- The Truth

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It would've been pointless to mope around any longer. It's not like crying will do anything for her to come back to me. Blaming her would also be a little childhish on my part. Her method of breaking the news to me about her desire to call things off was a little unconventional and a tad hurtful but her message was clear. I decided to actually fulfill her wish and do my part in helping Eunji recover.

Sulli did all the arrangements. I can't really live in the same apartment as I used to. Besides Eunji staying with me, I decided to take in Song Qian and her brother Tao. They help me in caring for Eunji as well. My sister did mention that the place she got was a tid bigger but was still in the area of Seoul. We were on our way there inside one of Minho's vans. Eunji was asleep in Qian's arms while Tao looked outside, fascinated by all the sights the city has to offer. He's never been outside Ulsan, I suppose.

"You could've informed me that you decided to get another place. It would've been best that I knew what the place looks like and stuff."

"It's fine oppa. I didn't want to bother you about the arrangments and stuff. Besides, I know you will like the place a whole lot."

We continued to drive around until the streets started to appear familiar. I was starting to panic a little that by the time we stopped it was a little too late to ask why we were there. All of us alighted the car one by one and that's when it hit me. We were back at the house; the house where the three of us lived.

"Tada!"

I didn't take any second further. I took the keys from Sulli's hand and quickly opened the front door. Few things about the house did change. The floors that always looked creaky were fixed. The kitchen was given a makeover. The living room had better furniture and appliances. I headed towards Sulli's previous room and I saw that it had two beds in it--possibly for the siblings. The bathroom Sulli had to herself had been converted to a bedroom which had its own bathroom. The furniture gave it away that it was for Eunji. 

"Hyung! This place looks awesome." Tao spoke who headed straight into his and sister's bedroom. 

"Like it?"

"Like? It's great Sulli. Never expected that you can make the place look good as new. Considering that this house is a few decades old."

"It's not yet over.. Come with me upstairs."

We headed upstairs. The narrow hallway remained the same besides the addition of a painting at the center wall. My door also remained the same even the door across. I heaved a sigh and slowly turned the door knob. What welcomed me is a sight so familiar. It was practically almost the same room. The bed, flooring, side table and the pictures on the wall.. They were all the same. The only thing changed was the small piano in my room. I used to only have a keyboard.

It felt nostalgic to be back in my room. Indeed, we moved around a lot but I never got attached to any of my personal spaces besides this one. In fact, I like my bedroom already in comparison to my previous apartment. 

"I tried my best to keep the intergrity of your previous room and how I remembered it. The previous owners of the house who I recently bought the house from made some changes but it seemed they liked how you kept the place. They didn't do a lot of changes to it."

"This is amazing Sulli. I can't thank you enough for doing this for me. I don't know what I've done to deserve this but from the bottom of my heart. Thank you. It means a lot to me. Though may I ask, what is in the other room?"

"It's locked. I asked the interior designer to keep the key to it for the time being since the room is not yet finished but we needed to locate you guys at the house immediately. She might come by in a few days to work on it."

"All right."

-------------------------

It's been two weeks. I've got in touch with Hyorin and Woohyun again. I congratulated them with how far the two of them have progressed with their career as a duo. The public has perceived them really well since there aren't a lot of male-female duos out in the market. Also, the issue of them as a couple keeps the hype up. I confessed to them that I might not be able to debut with them anytime soon even if my family matter is already over. I'd be working with them behind the scenes for the next few months. 

Tao decided to go back to school and Minho's company is more than happy to sponsor his education. Song Qian is tending to the house full time like any mother figure would do. It's really nice having the siblings around. They help in caring for Eunji. Speaking of Eunji, she's come quite far from where we started out. She takes her medicine which pretty much makes her groggy and sleepy which is why she spends most of her day sleeping in her bedroom. We visited the doctor yesterday and told us that the prescription is doing it's job. The degeneration of her nerves has stopped but she will continue taking the medication for another month. Therapy will soon follow.

"Here you go guys.. Eat up. I'll be out for a few hours to run some errands. Key, can you take care of this once the two of you finish? Thanks." Qian reminded as she walked out of the door.

"Eonni's cooking is really good. Don't get me wrong, oppa. You cook decent food but hers is just great."

"I know! You don't have to shove in my face that my food is just decent.. Not necessarily delicious." I complained. She giggled slightly as she chewed on her food.

"By the way oppa.. can I ask you something?"

"Shoot away."

"Sometimes, at night, I wake up so suddenly and I can't sleep for a few hours.. I would hear this piano playing. I thought it was coming from the neighboring house but I realized it was from your room. I would listen to it until you finish. I just noticed that it's not any classical piece but it appears to be an original. Did you compose it, oppa?"

I nodded and she nodded in agreement as well. I didn't get what she meant by her actions but I brushed it off eventually. We spend the next few hours watching television. We were watching an afternoon drama that one of the channels aired which used to be Amber's favorite. She liked the comedy element of the show. What made the whole show package was that Gag Concert came after it. 
I carried Eunji to her room when Qian arrived back home. She had a few paper bags in hand that seemed to be from the grocery store.

"She fell asleep again?"

"It's the medicine. The doctor said yesterday that the degeneration has stopped but she has to continue taking the medication for another month. Therapy will follow soon after." She then handed me can of ice cold beer. I took it into my hands and popped it open. She fixed herself with her own can. 

"Any specific reason for offering me something like this?" I asked. She just shrugged her shoulders and sipped from the can. She then breathed out a heavy breath and looked at me. I scrunched my eyebrows asking what it was.

"It saddens me to see Eunji like this. I know I helped Yonghwa in his plan so somehow I am partly responsible that this happened to her. What's worse is that she's not supposed to be harmed like this. Yonghwa actually knew that she's not the childhood friend we were supposed to be looking for. He has tapped into Amber's location early on and was only waiting for the right time. Her abrupt disappearance stalled the onset of the plan. Amber was the one he needed but Eunji was someone he desired and wanted. Despite being romantically involved with Tiffany, he fell for Eunji. That was why he gave her the drug.. He wanted you wiped out of her mind.."

"If he wanted me out of the picture then he should've just took Eunji away and be happy with her. He didn't need to do that. He only caused her pain by doing that. I remember how scared she looked when she started remembering certain things back at the warehouse."

She chuckled. "I see the way you look at Eunji.."

"What?"

"You look at her the same way you look at Sulli. It's sisterly love, isn't it? Forgive me for observing too much but the way you look at her and Amber is completely different. You look at Amber as if it would always be your last day. You love her so much, don't you?"

I nodded. "More than anything.. Which is why I can't hate her for calling things off between us. She had a perfectly valid reason; a selfless reason. I might as well honor her decision. I know the time will come for the both of us.. Hopefully it does."

The two of us finished our respective cans and did our remaining business. I headed back to my room while she was off to prepare dinner. An afternoon session is not so ideal but who cares? I was surprised that Yonghwa actually knew about Amber's disappearance. He just waited for the right time to act. In addition to that, I still miss Amber. I miss her everything and I would pay anything to be by her side.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter