Chapter 31- Little Broadway Show

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A throbbing in the head welcomed me in the morning. I had no idea what time it was and could barely fathom what happened after. All I know is that here I am in a hotel room, lying on a king sized bed with the curtains neatly and slightly open yet I have no idea how in the world I ended up here. I stood and tried looking around. Is someone around? Who brought me up here? In all honesty, I was scared that I brought up a random girl and ended up having with her but then my clothes were intact. I carefully checked the shower and thankfully no one was there. The tiles were dry and it seemed no one has touched the bathroom for more than a day.

"Whew. Thank God no one is here. But damn, how in the world did I end up in here?"

I scrambled through my pockets and checked to see if my phone is still with me. Again, I am thankful to find that nothing was stolen from me, even my wallet is still with me. I checked my phone and was surprised to find a note screencapped as my wallpaper. What was in it embarrassed me more than anything.

You fell asleep last night at the bar. I had someone bring you up to a room. 
Don't worry, tab is on me. Have a safe trip home, Key.

-Hana

"Are you serious?! Oh gosh, what did I do? What did I say? Gosh, Kibum! Why do you have to be stupid?! I bet I looked like a fool when I talked to her last night. I just hope and pray I didn't say or do anything stupid towards her that would creep her out. It could ruin my chances of talking to her."

I fixed myself and made my own little walk of shame as I crossed through the corridor of the hotel. I mean, I know nobody really knows what happened but come on, I am in the same clothes I wore last night. It was near noon and I bet Sulli might have called over at the apartment since last night. I needed to get home and prepare. The lovebirds are coming over for a small housewarming party and I wouldn't want to suddenly tell them I couldn't let them. Sulli will kill me.

The bus ride gave me ample time to try and contemplate what happened last night. Did I accidentally call her Amber? Did I kiss her out of the blue? I can't remember anything clear from last night other than the fact that I approached her and tried to hit on her by getting her a drink. Heck, I didn't even have an idea it was her. But damn, the sight of how she looked like last night was marvelous. She has remained beautiful but now that she shows her feminine side, it is just endearing to watch. 
By the time I arrived home, I gave Sulli a call to tell her my address and to come over by 6:00pm with Minho. I don't have a lot of time left but I need to come up with something or else those two will kill me.

-------

"You are just so unfair, oppa. Is there really no way you can join me?"

"I'm sorry Jinri. As much as I want to, I can't. The board has a scheduled meeting at Suncheon and it slipped my mind. I'm not sure what time we will end but it would be most probable we will finish the following morning. I wouldn't have remembered it if Hara didn't call."

"You know what, I don't really like that secretary of yours.."

"Hara? How come?"

"The way she looks at you irritates me. I know she isn't stupid to not know you're married but everytime I come over she just looks at me in such a mean way as if she hates me. Also, I don't like it that she tries to appear she knows you more than I do? Heck, I'm your wife. I am the only one who has been so close to you, right?"

Minho can't avoid but smile with the sight of his wife getting over his secretary. Not once did he doubt her love for him but to find those little hints of validation from her makes him really happy. He feels loved and reassured that Jinri is his. He can't really explain how happy he is. He just is. "Look, you don't have to be insecure about Hara. I chose you didn't I? I loved you then, now and will always do. I love you Jinri. Now shut up and give oppa a hug."

"I love you too oppa. Just be careful on your trip, okay? Call me when you can."

--------

I was at a blank on what food I shall cook. I know Sulli will eat practically anything I serve but it is Minho I am worried about. He is my friend but that guy has been fed with a silver spoon all his life. He practically has different taste for food than I do. But then again, I need to come up with something. 

Key looked around the mart. He opted to buy ribs since it is his sister's favorite. He bought a couple of slices for samgyupsal and lettuce. Sulli packed him some chili paste and soy bean paste so that is already covered. Key added lettuce, chili, radishes and chinese cabbage to his cart. The latter two he will use to make kimchi.
He got home and started to cook. An hour into it, he was happy with what he has. The alcohol is cooling in the fridge. The kimchi and pickled radishes are already in the fridge as well. The ribs are yet to be done but he is using a pressure cooker that automatically turns off if the cooking is done. With that, he decided to take a short nap until the two arrive later that day.

It was dark. I can't see anything. I can't tell where I was. A single hanging lightbulb was illuminating one part of the entire place but it was not strong enough to help me see what was going on. It was swinging left and right. The feeling was eerie. I've got to admit, I was feeling a little scared.

Then, I heard someone. "Please.."

"Hello? Who's there?"

"Help me. Please.."

"Where are you?! Hey.."

"Please...I beg you."

Someone was crying. She sounded as if she was in pain. I slowly took three steps forward to try and locate where the sound was  coming from. By the fourth step, I heard a sharp, loud sound coming from behind me. It was a gunshot. I heard a gunshot and the crying stopped. 

"No.. No!"

"Oppa..oppa! Wake up."

"Huh?Wwa-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter