Chapter 34- Hidden Thoughts and Subtle Intentions

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To be honest, I expected it to feel differently from what I remember. I am madly in love with her. There is no question to that. I am sure everyone can pretty much see that. She is basically my everything but in the bottom of my mind, I have to face the reality that she doesn't see me that way. At least for now, she doesn't. I am taking the necessary steps to make my feelings clear but somehow, when I held her face with my hands, I expected for it to feel differently. I expected that somehow the warmth that I always felt when I hold her wouldn't be there. Oddly, it felt just the same, even better.

It's been two weeks. Sulli was released from the hospital about four days ago. Minho is making sure that she is getting the proper care. I didn't receive the low down on what will happen to her for now or if there would be any meds she'll need to take. Not much has changed with the way Minho is treating me. He started to acknowledge my presence once again and he does talk to me but not so much. Though there is a sense relief to know that I actually exist in his bubble once again.

"I know it hasn't been so long since that incident happened to your sister, Key. It's not that we want to push it into you too much but the company is pushing unto us. They want us to somehow compose a song. They haven't specified the details but they have plans of debuting our group soon. It's kind of exciting but nerve wrecking at the same time. I am not sure what we are supposed to do."

"Just calm down, Hyorin. We still have time. I don't think our agency would take rash steps and debut a group that plays and sings classical music. I mean, they still have to think of a way to market us so that we'll sell. To be honest, on a personal note, I know we have the talent to boot but the appeal is what I am concerned about. Do you think people will like us? We're not the typical group if you ask me."

"I am sure everything will be all right. The three of you are just thinking too much. You know what, we're all here, right? And you two brought food? Why won't we try to eat first and wait. I am sure ideas will come up when we discuss with happy stomachs. That works best, doesn't it? At least for me, it does."

"Aigoo, Eunji. You and your thing for food. Aish.. Fine. Since you opened it up, why don't you help me wash and chop up the vegetables for the wrap, won't you?"

My place isn't so big so it's no wonder it feels a little crowded to have Hyorin, Woohyun and Eunji-ssi at my place. Not that I mind the company, it's fun actually. It's just that I am not used to seeing my place filled with people. I had roommates in Japan but this feels different. The roommates I had in Japan were of different nationalities. We were all piano majors but the language barrier is definitely something. We can't communicate so well thus, we weren't really able to bond or something.
"This is quite a neat place you got over here, Key. Don't you feel lonely when you're just here sitting by yourself?"

"Not so much Woohyun. I'm not really home most of the time, especially during the evening. If you're going to think about I spend most of my time at work when I am not discussing with you guys or visiting Sulli over at Incheon. Also, if I get a pet or something I won't be able to take care of it. I'd rather have it go to a worthy home instead of having me neglect it."

"You idiot! I didn't mean getting a pet. I don't know. A girl perhaps? Hyorin is decent.."

"Shut up Woohyun. It's pretty obvious you like Hyorin. Besides, her personality is too strong for me. You two suit each other much better. Besides, why throw her to me? If I know, you're dying to ask her out for a date or something."

"Whatever! How about Eunji-ssi then? If you look at her, she's pretty. Not the tallest or the most slender girl around but she's pretty. Plus, she has a really nice voice. And I am telling you, she can be quite loud. Your personalities really match."

"You know that I can't really do that. I'll be making myself look like a fool and her as well. Why would I do that to a girl who doesn't deserve it."

"At least, you're concerned for her in such a way. Aigoo, our dearest Keygoonie concerned.."

I mocked punching Woohyun. Hyorin and Eunji soon brought in everything. They took the liberty of bringing out the table top stove and pan I had that we can use for frying the meat for the wrap. We ate and as we went along we decided to put tune into some lyrics Hyorin made. The story of her composition wasn't too deep. Basically, it's about two girls who are best of friends but they're fighting over the same guy or something like that. I haven't read it entirely and she said it was subject to changes. Though, I think it's better we've gotten somewhere.We ate some more and even though it was still early and the sun was still pretty much up. Hyorin fell asleep on my sofa while Woohyun slept on the other chair at my living room. They brought soju. They said the soju was a gift for me but it ended up them drinking it instead. Let me tell you, I'll have work that night so I can't really leave them behind. I don't want funny things to happen in my own apartment done by other people.

"I should't have let Hyorin drink too much. Aigoo. Omo! Look at Woohyun oppa lying on the floor like that. Aigoo, I'm sorry Key-ssi. I promised Kyungsoo that I won't let his sister do anything funny."
"Why did D.O tell you to not let her get drunk anyway?"
"I am not sure. He just said that their family need to go somewhere tonight. Some occasion if I remember correctly. He said that Hyorin needs to be sober for it."
"I see. Well, it's still early. I think in a few hours she'll be awake."

Eunji went over to Hyorin's side to check up on her. Woohyun made a point. Eunji is pretty and she would fit the category of someone I would like. Yes, as weird as that may sound, I can see myself liking her more than I would like Krystal. Just as I've said before, Krystal is a really pretty girl, maybe too pretty for my taste. I see that girl more of as a little sister rather than someone I can be in a relationship with.
"Hey Eunji, you can drop the ssi when you talk to me. I'd feel more at ease if you do that."

"Then can I call you oppa then? I wouldn't be comfortable to just call you by your name alone. I mean, if you'd let me, I will call you oppa."

"Fine with me. Call me with what you're comfortable with.."

She let out this gleeful which makes it impossible for anyone else to not smile back. I did. In a matter of an hour or two, I had to forcibly wake them up from where they were. I needed to go to work early. I already missed a week of working because of what happened to Sulli. I am lucky to have GD hyung as my boss. He's pretty laid back and understood my situation. I needed to make up for lost working hours so I decided to start working everyday for the next two to three weeks.

"You two, wake up! I still have work and I can't leave you two over here. Hurry up or else I will kick the asses of you two. Aish, why did you two have to drink soju anyway! It's like so early in the afternoon. I mean, seriously?!"

"YAH! Stop with the nagging. All right, we get it. We'll be going now, all right? Shut up, Key. Seriously.." Hyorin nagged. The two of them stood up, with Eunji assisting Hyorin, and left. I needed to get ready. A long night is sure to come. 

----------

I don't go by the rules. I know most of you still wondering what in the world I do but it is definitely not the right time for me to say anything. I need the right timing. Every thing comes with timing doesn't it? Love, career steps, studying, rising to fame.. It's all about the timing. Anyway, so yeah. Here I am, lying on my bed, sick. I hate getting sick. I can't get anything done and I hate not accomplishing anything nor not doing anything. I hate it. Absolutely hate it.

"Aish, of all the days for this to happen to me. It's one of those instances when I wished I had a girlfriend to take care of me. Where is a girlfriend when you need and want one?"

I live and work alone but it's one of those moments when I feel the loneliness. I honestly wonder when would that time come for me. 

Anyway, enough about me. There is a legitimate reason why I need to get out of here. I need to do some errands and I can't let time go to waste. Time is precious, especially for someone like me. 
Okay, since I am sick, I might as well be a little honest. I know that I've mentioned that Sulli is like a little sister to me. I was legitimately worried when I learned of what happened to her. That was why it took me no buts or ifs to help. But other than that, more of being just a rival. Key is like a dongsaeng to me. Yes, I was envious of him but other than that. It was because he was able to achieve something. Something that I can never have in this lifetime.

----------

"Woah! It's finally good to see you around here Key. Were you able to settle all the things that you needed to do? Man, I did miss having you around here. There was no one to bully or order around.."
"Hyung.."
"No. I'm just kidding. Hahaha. But seriously though, nice to have you back around here. I have to tell you, a lot of our patrons asked around when you were gone. It seems that you became really popular especially with more of the younger women that watch our performances."
"Really? Then I must be an asset then! It only means that you can't fire me or anything or else the customers will cause an uproar!"
"Eyy. Don't let it go to your head, kiddo!"
"I'm joking.."
"Anyway, prepare the setlist you're going to perform tonight. We will a country theme tonight so better prepare. I'll check on you later to see it, okay?"
"All right.."

GD was about to leave until. "Hyung!"

"Hmm?"
"By any chance, was there a woman with blonde hair that came over to watch our perfor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter