Chapter 28- You, On The Other Side

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It hurts. It hurts so much that I can't even explain how painful it is. I've been trying, really. I know I never lacked in that area but there those times when it persists.  I am never the type of person that likes the feeling of losing. Whenever I want something, I do everything in my power to get it. And never in my wildest dreams have I ever thought I would have to force myself to accept defeat.

I thought after not letting myself see him for so long, I would be able to move on. I thought that when I see him in the flesh once again, I would be fine. But I was just messing with myself. I've never been so weak in my life, well second to when my parents were poisoned and all. I have never felt so weak in the knees just by a stare. I know it may sound a little cheesy or even corny but whenever I see him, the butterflies in my stomach keep coming back. I've liked him then and I feel that I still like him now. It's pointless to deny it to myself. 

"Ms. Soojung? Master Jung is waiting for you in the dining hall. Breakfast is ready."

"I'll come down in a bit. Thank you."

I am glad that my father let me back in school. It is a good excuse for me to not see him around. I've mentioned before that the relationship I had with my parents was strained. We don't usually talk and I don't really open up to them. When my mother died so suddenly and dad got really sick, I learned to take care of him. I thought we grew closer and the wall between us has been broken down but seems like I was wrong. After he got better, he returned to his old ways which I never understood how he could just go back to his old personality so easily. It frustrates me so much that I'd rather go to school everyday than spend an entire afternoon with him.

"What took you so long in going down?"

"Sorry Dad. I had to take a short shower then dry my hair up."

"You have a meeting in an hour. Only the representative of the designer contacted me but she did say that the designer will be attending later to meet you."

"Dad, why did you only tell me just now? It's a Saturday, right? Can't you see that I have class?"

"That's already taken care of."

"Dad!"

"Soojung! Stop objecting and just do what you're supposed to do!"

Krystal immediately stood from her seat while she banged the table in front of her. It frustrates her so much. She always thought that after the struggles their family has been through and after sharing such memorable experiences in those times that for once she will have a taste of a happy family. She has mentioned that ever since her sister's, Jessica, death her parents have been really hard on her. It pains her. "Aish, that man is so difficult! Why does he have to interfere with my life every darn time! Aish. If he wants a fight, I'll give him one! I just had the perfect plan in mind. He cherishes the business so much and now, I'll give him a little taste of his own medicine in another form. If he serves it in capsules, I'll give it in syrup! I will sabotage this potential deal and I will have no regrets, I swear to God!"

Krystal fixed herself and headed unto the designated meeting place with the designer. It was just at a simple restaurant somewhere in Seoul that anyone can access, though she did notice it was on the deeper portion of the city. There were some clothes shops near it and a few convenience stores about several meters away.

"Are you Ms. Krystal Jung?"

Krystal turned her head and found a woman which looked a little older than her. "Yes, I am."

"I'm Mr. Lee's secretary? The designer you are supposed to meet? He said that he'll be here in 15 minutes max. He's just stuck in traffic."

"No, it's all good. I am in no rush anyway. I am yet to meet him but he has a pretty odd choice in choosing the venue he likes doing business talks. Other clients would prefer it in a cafe and all but here we are, in a Korean Restaurant, inhaling all the glorious smell of the food that other customers are grilling. It's odd and a little weird but somehow I like it."

"I am glad you like it then."

"Mr. Lee!"

"Thank you for attending to her in a meanwhile. The driver was able to find a shortcut so it took us less than five minutes to get here from when I last called you."

I know that voice! I cannot be mistaken about it. Of all the places and after all the years too, who would've thought we'd meet here.  I mean, I left so suddenly then and we never got the chance to actually know each other. "Donghae-ssi!"

"Krystal-ssi"

"What are you doing here? I thought you were in the States doing some work under Alexander McQueen?"

"I was. I did that but come on Krystal? That was like more than four years ago. Besides, I only lasted under McQueen for a few months before I went back here to start my own line."

"Your---own line?"

"Of course! It's been something I wanted to do my entire life. I tried saving up enough money so that I will be able get a headstart. So far, business is doing really well but I do wish to expand that is why I decided to ask you."

He handed me a photobook of some sort and I looked through it. As I pass through the pages, the design is becoming more and more interesting and eye-catching. The men's clothes line are looking really casual but very comfortable. The women's line on the other hand, I am not certain as to what kind of fabric they are using but the casual have a touch of elegance. "This is daebak. Now that I think about it, I do remember your store when I was passing along the street. I never thought it was you though but I did see there were a lot of customers, inside. This photobook is looking good!"

"You like it? I was actually scared you wouldn't. I am not sure if it is formal enough for me to present to you as a part of the proposal I wish to have with your company."

"You want to hire our marketing company? Why don't you head straight to the Choi Group of Companies. I am good friends with their son, I am sure I can help. It's not that I am not confident with our companies' capabilities but if you really want to go full scale, you should go there."

He only shook his head. "No. I wish to sign with you. I honestly believe this will be a win-win situation between us. So please, Krystal?" He looked at me so pitifully, I can't refuse. "Okay, fine. I will be faxing in the proposal later on today but I think my father will agree to this." I scanned some more through the photobook until his secretary came in. 

"Mr. Lee, I apologize for interrupting but you have a meeting with some potential business owners that wish to franchise your store in their boutiques."
Donghae looked at me, I only cocked my head in questioning. "Tell them I am busy. It's been some time since I've spent time with this friend of mine. Also Ms. Cha, please go back to the main house and prepare everything while I'm gone."
His secretary bowed and left us. "Why didn't you meet them? They're potential clients."

"Why would I do that? I am no longer managing myself right? I'll leave that to you once everything is settled."

He smiled so gently towards me that it sent chills down my spine in a way I am not certain whether it was a good thing or a bad thing. He held out his hand and said "Let's go somewhere a little more fun, shall we? It's been more than four years since we saw each other, right?"

I was hesitating to take his hand but without my consent, he suddenly grabbed my hand and cradled it around his arm. I blushed and hid my face for him not to see. Okay, it was weird of me in a way but it does happen, right? We become physically attracted to someone? Donghae-ssi looked different. He was my professor before and all he wore was a polo shirt and pants and leather shoes. He was always in formal work wear it was hard to even imagine him wearing skinny shorts, S.Perrys and a shirt underneath a polo. He was looking really modern that I was surprised to even see him the way he is.

We strolled around. He bought us some food and I ended up touring him around the area and showing him the different businesses we manage other than local fashion houses. Our company owned a small cafe and pasta house and an inn somewhere in Busan. I manage that inn and check how it is every once in a while, as long as I get the chance. 

"Also, Donghae-ssi..."

"Just call me oppa. The -ssi is too formal for me. Donghae oppa would be fine, and you were saying?"

"Well, Donghae--oppa. I was just wondering what you made your secretary do?"

"Ahh, yes! I almost forgot. I am having a short press conference this afternoon. You could come over so that you can see the collection I have in store for this coming fall and winter. There a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter