Chapter 48- The First Snowflake

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We watched the whole place light up the dark sky. Alarmed neighbors called on the police and firefighters to check out on the scene while all of us remained on the side as ambulance personnel tended to our wounds. To my surprise, Sulli and Minho arrived in the scene just a few minutes after the ambulance came. I was surprised by their presence only to turn out that they knew where we were and that they were the ones who called for medical help.

Sulli looked around and she gasped when she realized that Jonghyun hyung is nowhere to be found. She stared at me in my glorious mess and cried. She broke down in tears and hugged me. I was trying my best not to break down in front of her but it was no use. I cried. I hugged my sister and apologized for not being able to do anything to help our cousin. He was a precious older brother figure to Sulli and I felt her pain. 

"Oppa.. Please, tell me this is all a lie. Please tell me that Jonghyun oppa is okay?" She cried into my arms. I only hushed her not addressing her question. It was painful enough to know that he was gone. Talking about it would only destroy both of us. I told my sister to go back to Minho's side since the medical team were tending to us. I looked around and everyone had some sort of injury. Luna had to be rushed to the hospital because of her bullet wound. Onew went with her. Min is having a mental breakdown regarding Jonghyun hyung. Taeyang and P.O. were still lying on the ground, covering their eyes without vocally admitting defeat. Eunji fell asleep and Tao is looking after her while Qian is checking up on the IU, Jonghyun Lee and Kai.

My father is an entirely different story. He was the first one the medical team paid attention to. His face was swollen. He was bathing in his blood and what's even worse that he appeared to be choking in his own spit. He looked pitiful and it was best that the ambulance arrived first to fetch him. It would be best for Sulli to not see our father like that. 

"Kibum."

I faced Amber and she was holding her hand near my shoulder. She had a worried look on her face as she did so. I looked to what she was looking at and realized that my shoulder had been bleeding. It must've been the wound I sustained the other night which opened up.

"I'll be fine. Come on. Let's head over to Minho and Sulli. You need help on those wounds of yours. Not to mention you have a bruise on your cheek."

"This is nothing compared to that on your shoulder. You're bleeding!"

I shook my head and turned my back on her to avoid any more arguments. I dragged her with me as we made our way to Sulli and Minho's car. We needed to get to the hospital as soon as possible. Everyone needed to.

========

By the time we arrived in the hospital, everyone from our crew was receiving medical treatment. Luna has been sent to the emergency room for surgery on her wound. Onew is just outside waiting for his wife. IU and Kai received minor abrasions while Lee Jonghyun got a fractured rib on his right side. I have no sight of Eunji anywhere nor Tao, Taeyang and P.O. Qian is with Amber.

"If you are looking for Eunji-ssi, she's been brought to the psychiatric department for immediate treatment. A guy named Tao is with her. The other two guys that were with you were brought to the police."

"Minho, are you crazy?! Why did you bring them to the police?"

"What do you want me to do? It's the best option we have for now to keep them at bay. We can't risk any more lives, Key. Jinri is devastated enough with the death of Jonghyun."

My mouth was shut. Issues of pride would be useless at this point to be honest. It was finally my turn to receive medical attention. I pretty much had bruises all over me. My father was taken to the operating room as well. I was informed it was best to do so since they had to relieve the pressure in his bruises before they completely affect his breathing. 

"Where's Amber?" I asked the nurse.

"If you are looking for Ms. Lee, she is currently being treated for her wounds. She will be done shortly. Mister, it is not my business to pry into our patients' lives but may I ask, what happened? A lot of your friends are injured and some of them are not minor injuries."

I scoffed and chuckled slightly. "Well, let's just say we had some family issues we had to deal with and things turned out a little messy. I am glad to inform you that things are now resolved."

The nurse just smiled before she left. I winced a little bit with the sting the topical medication was doing with my wounds but I brushed it off and started to walk around the emergency room to look for Amber in the vast amount of curtains there were. I checked each and every one only to stumble upon her as she slept on Qian's lap on one of the hospital beds.

"Shh.. She's asleep. The nurse had to give her a sleeping pill since she was starting to have a panic attack. She's all right now though."

"Thanks.. Though, may I ask, why are you looking after Amber? Isn't she supposed to be the hostage you guys wanted?"

"This girl.. Well, she made me realize a lot of things with just one conversation. I saw in her eyes that she was also going through some sort of struggle. That in a way, she can relate to what I was going through. She touched me and tapped into my emotions quite hard that's why I am caring for her. She's like a little sister in my eyes."

I smiled with the sight of Amber sleeping peacefully on Qian's lap. Later on, however, Tao tapped on my shoulders and had this worried look on his face. He asked me to come with him to the psychiatry department. I did as he asked. We found Eunji crying outside the doctor's office that was tending to her.

"She's been like that ever since she woke up. I tried to do something but she won't budge. She kept uttering your name so I supposed she will listen to you."

Eunji was pitiful to look at and it pained me that this happened to her. The once cheerful and bright Eunji I knew was scared, trembling, afraid and confused. She clasped her knees near to her chest and trembled as she kept mumbling what sounded like my name. I went over to her side and held her hand.

"Eunji."

She looked at me and examined my face with her hands. She later on broke down in front of me as she clung unto me tightly. 

"Oppa.. Key oppa. Help me, please!" She kept saying over and over again. Slowly, I assisted her to stand up to bring her into the doctor's office and finally have her settle in place. My best bet is that they will be confining her to monitor her progress for some time and give her medication. This is like the same problem Jinri had, only with a different cause. 

"You must be her guardian?" The doctor said to me.

"Ahh well.."

"It appears that the patient has suffered from an abrupt memory loss. I have yet to conduct an MRI scan on her but based on the symptoms she's exhibiting and how she only responds to you properly, I have deduced that she possibly lost her memory and you're the only one she remembers. And when everything came back to her, she became overwhelmed and confused of what was going on but since she knew who you were way before the flood came in, she's searching for you as a sense of familiarity."

"How long do you think she will last like this?"

"I can't tell, Mr. Kim. It may take some time. For now, I advise for her to be admitted in our psychiatric facility so that we can monitor her. She's at a very risky state. Any drastic move we make may drive her to do something unimaginable. Last thing I would want is a patient dying in on me for stupid actions. Pardon my words, but they're true."

I only nodded and immediately worked on the paperwork so that the people that needed to be admitted will be admitted. Not just Eunji but also Luna and my dad. I barely noticed the time and it was already nearing 4:00am in the clock. That's how long it has been. By the time I finished, Amber was still asleep and Minho left for work. Sulli was with me as we checked up on everyone. It already read 5:33am in the clock that I finally had some shut eye.

 

 

That's how my week started. It's been four days when it all happened. Minho is going to and fro to Ulsan every other day to check up on his wife. Most of us were getting better. Min already left a day ago. So did Doojoon and Seohyun. The latter two mentioned that they needed to get back to work. Luna was already awake and Onew can't wipe the smile off his face knowing that his wife will be fine. IU and Kai were released the morning we arrived at the hospital since they received minor injuries though they will visit the hospital everyday to check up on Jonghyun.

"Glad to see you are doing okay, IU."

"It's all good Key oppa. These wounds are nothing. To be honest, Kai had it worse than I did. He has a burn on his left arm. We don't know where he got it but he has. I only had few scratches."

"It still baffles me that you faced Hyuna but you barely got any wounds."

"Hyuna's lazy. Even when she's mad, she's lazy. I used it to my advantage. Our whole fight was a little sad to be honest. Hyuna was chasing me around the yard and when she finally took hold of me, her boyfriend accidentally shot her on the back which immediately killed her. In turn, out of guilt, Jay shot himself as well. Junho was relatively easy to fend off anyway."

"Hyung. How have you been?"

It was Kai. I greeted the lad and mentioned that I was fine. They told me that Jonghyun was recovering just fine. They also mentioned that the nurse talked to them and said to forward me the information that my father has woken up. I quickly dashed to the ICU where he was only to find out that he had himself tra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter