Chapter 19- Decisions

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Boring. Just downright boring. It was extremely painful to be honest. Even if the weeks that snow shall fall is coming near, it was extremely hot today. In all fairness, I had a more positive outlook when the day started. Most of us scholars were assigned to the design department today. Since most of us are design students, of course we were more than excited to go. Eager in fact. But most of the people we knew either left or were out somewhere. Those that were left in the department weren't too fond of us scholars. They treated as threats to their positions which was perfectly understandable but then again we were there to learn not to boss around.

"Aish.."

"Hot day today, isn't it? Here.."

It was Fei. She is the closest thing I have as a friend in the program. Other of our fellow scholars treat us as competition as well. I mean, you would know. They'd give you stares, icy ones, and wouldn't talk to you most of the time. I'd be doing the same thing. It was just that Fei is too nice for me to do that to her. "Thanks."
We were at the vending machine that was on the design department floor. We were hiding, well not really, but we weren't given anything to do anyway. The regulars would want to take all the credit for all the good work we can possibly accomplish. "I just find it irritating that those regulars don't let us do anything. Damn, if I was a kiss- I'd be telling Mr. Choi what is going on."

"Nah. Don't even bother Fei. Minho coordinates with them but he really has no power over them."

"Have you heard? I recently heard this rumor that the company is planning to expand.."

"Well, that sounds good news. What makes it so significant?"

"It has also been said that the company will get designers inside the company to create each of their own fashion line.. That the company would help them start up and all, from the scholars and regular employees. At least, that's what I heard but there is no confirmation of it whatsoever."

"Hmm. That's great but I'm not really looking forward to it at all. I would love to get picked but I don't want to get my hopes up too high. A lot of our fellow scholars are really talented. I'm not up to par."

"Ohh come on. Who are you kidding, Amber?! You're great. I am not a designer by nature. I am more of a stylist but I was lucky enough to get into the program. Just try.. I bet Mr. Choi can see what you are capable of."

I appreciate Fei's cheers. It helps in some way but I am seriously not expecting anything. I don't want to. I don't want to sound too pessimistic but I am quite tired of expecting. When I expect I end up getting hurt.
We just sat there staring blanky into the bare wall that was opposite us. I can't wait for the day to end. I just wish to go home and sleep. Key can tend to the bar by himself. "Woah, nice song.."

"Huh?"

"Listen.. The one playing over the radio."

I listened carefully and unconsciously a small smile crept unto my face. It was Key's song once again playing on the radio. But the smile immediately disappeared. I want to appear in front of him the way I usually am. But it is getting difficult by the day. It is not that hard to see or realize that I was sister-zoned, something worse than the friendzone. Also, I can help notice that the song he has been playing has this melancholic tune. A sense of longing that he is addressing to someone. "It's a really nice song, don't you think so Amber?"

"Yeah.. It's really interesting."

The day ended by a little past noon. Minho was out for the day so there was no one to boss us around. Then I realized I still have something to pass at the university. I have some papers I need to submit and Mr. Song bugged me to go since he needs some papers he needs me to pass over to the company. The weather was not helping with the annoyance I have as of the moment.

---------

"Nice to see you made the time to see me today. I really need some papers that need to be passed on to the company. I was wondering if you could pass this on even to Minho. It's urgent." He handed me the papers. They weren't that bulky but something seems to be important is inside it. It was sealed.

"Sure thing Mr. Song..Anything. By the way, how come you address Mr. Choi so casually?"

"Ahh.. Well, you see.. The Choi family and I go way back. I knew Minho's grandparents. They were friends of my parents. I am also the godfather of his father who inherited the rights to the company. I would keep in th touch with them from time to time. I have seen Minho grow into this fine young man through the years."

I was quite astounded with what I found out. Never did I expect that Mr. Song would be so closely affliated to the Choi family. No wonder he can refer me so easily to them. I bowed then soon left. I walked along the corridors and then ran towards the faculty wing. 

"Oppa!"

It was Donghae. He informed me that I he was finally getting his own office in the university. I was more than delighted that he was able to do so. It would be so much easier to talk to him. Other than Krystal, he is the other person I have learned to consider as a dear friend. Well, other than that, he is more of like a brother to me. 

"What's up? How is my dongsaeng feeling today? Coffee?"

"Hmm.. One, the ceiling is what's up. I am not liking the weather today and I say no to the coffee.."

He giggled a little. "Come on Amber.. Can't you answer more properly. Anyways, what brings you to the university? You don't have duty at the company?"

"I already did. Mr. Song just asked me so that I can pass on some papers. Other than that, I just passed by to say hi. I won't be doing anything the rest of the day anyway so it's all good. Do you have classes?"

"Sadly, I do. I finished one this morning and I still have three left this afternoon. I would've loved to accompany you around but I am a little busy. Why not call some of your friends?"

"I did if I could, oppa.. You know I have social issues sometimes."

I was being honest. After what happened with Dongjun, I haven't talked to any of the girls. I mean, I do but I have become hostile. I think they've noticed it as well. They rather stay away than bug me with what is wrong. Jiyoung is pretty funny though. She'd ask about Key from time to time. "Hey Amber. Want some design books? I have some extra ones. I used them during my undergrad. I was supposing you'd want them."

"Of course oppa! I'd love to." I gladly took the books and bid my farewell. Then, I was at a loss on what I should do. I headed to a near ice cream parlor and ate happily. I then started to tinker with my contacts and see who I could call over to join me on a little escapade that afternoon. "Jiyoung, no.. Hyeri.. Nah." I scanned and scanned until I stumbled upon one number. That one number.. I was a little hesitant. "Ohh what the heck.."

"Uhmm.. Hey. You busy? Ughh---Want to go somewhere? Okay.. All right." Sigh.

This is a risk; one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter