Chapter 36- Friend

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was beginning to worry about him. I just had to be there to see what happened. I was kind of expecting his reaction. He was literally left in the dust with her words and I can't bear to see that happen to him. I knew that something was going on with Amber but somehow I never expected it was out of that. I never saw it coming that what she was doing was revenge directed towards Key or Uncle. I am not entirely sure as to why uncle did what he did. We never really got in contact with him. In fact, him calling me was so out of the blue. I almost didn't answer the number that was calling me because it was an unknown number.
So yeah, here I am; Feeling like a babysitter looking after Key making sure he won't do anything stupid, rash or completely irrational if I leave him. He might not show it but I know he's really hurt.

"Key, you see the one who recruited us into the company is asking us to meet him over at the company tonight. I am not sure why but I think they'll start discussing the details of our debut? We've already sent the compositions we made and they liked it. He also asked if we could make our own solos."
"What solos? Like I play the piano, Woohyun do the guitar and you sing acapella? Is that what they mean?"
"Not sure..Maybe. We can ask later on tonight."
"Hey Key.. That guy over there, who is he anyway? Why is he keeping an eye on you? A stalker or something. He seems pretty scary to me."
"He's my cousin."

"I can hear you guys over hear, okay? I am Key's cousin, just a year older than him. Look, I don't want to meddle with your business but please hurry. Key and I still have to talk about some family matters."
"We get it hyung. This won't be long. Just relax over there.. This will be done in a bit. Speaking of, why don't you fetch us something to eat instead of complaining like an idiot over there?"
"How dare you speak to me like that?"
"What?!"
"Hey hey hey.. You two, cut it out. Jonghyun, sorry. Actually Woohyun and I will be leaving now. I still have a lunch date with my family while Woohyun here still has to meet his sister at the airport. Am I correct?"
"Yeah. That's right. We'll be off."
"You two are going already? Ugh. Okay.. Just call me on what time and where we'll meet before we head to the company, okay?"

And those two left. The sooner they left the better. I still have some things to discuss with Key and having them around is a bit of nuisance. "You really had to shoo them away?"
"I didn't shoo them away! You guys were finished anyway. Besides, why do they have to meet at your place all the time? Can't you guys like meet at a cafe or something?"
"And who said you should stay at my apartment? You've been here for the past week? I mean, come on. You have your own place which is even bigger and better than my place so why pest me?"
"I am not pesting you! I am looking after you, idiot. I can't let you do anything stupid while I am gone or else uncle will kill me."
"My father has nothing to do with this and why would I do something stupid?"
"It's.."
"No. Don't even dare mention her name."

I buried myself even more and let out an exasperated sigh. Arguing with Key would be pointless. He'll either divert the topic or prefer not to talk about anything at all. I then felt weight at the other end of the sofa and saw Key bury himself in it as well.
"I'm just concerned, okay. I know it's not easy to deal with such a thing but look at you. You said you wouldn't do anything rash? Why dye your hair a jet black? You always said you loved your lighter colored hair."
"It's just for a change. Is that so bad? Besides, a lot of people said I look good with it."
"Aigoo. Fine. Keep it as you wish. Anyway, uncle called again the other day."
"What did he say?"
"Ohh my, thought you wouldn't bother asking."
"Forget it!"
"I'm kidding! He didn't say but he said he needs to talk to you."

A door bell then was heard. "Were you expecting a visitor?"
"No."
Key went over to the door and peeked through the eye hole. He opened the door and I was surprised to see Jinri and all her tall glory. I waved a confused hello and she waved back. I didn't hear what she said to Key but I think it's about having someone over and whether or not Key was busy. I mean, I can only infer. Key shook his head and pushed Jinri inside. Again, she smiled at me.
"I don't want to interrupt anything. Should I have come at another time?" She asked.
"No. It's fine, Jinri." I replied which made her react with surprise. Key ran his hands through his hair.

"I might as well introduce who you really are.." Key said.
"What's going on, oppa?"
"You were really young back then but do you recall any situation or instance when there was another boy playing with you other than me?"
"Only Minho oppa, wae?"
"Think harder Ssul. A naughty kid, looking after you? Calling you a precious little thing when you were really young?"
"It seems like she doesn't remember it, Key. Don't push it."
"No. Wait. I am not sure I remember the face or name but I do remember that someone would always play with me when Key oppa was off somewhere or with some of our aunts."
"That's him, Sulli. Jonghyun?"
"Jonghyun oppa?!" She shrieked and directed her look towards me. She stood from where she sat near the dining table and gave me a hug. "You've been with us all along and nobody told me?! Aigoo. You two.. Forgive me, oppa for not remembering"
"It's all good. We tend to forget, don't we?"

We all sat at the living room and we asked her why she came all of a sudden. She just mentioned she was bored at home. Her treatment for the trauma she received was doing well. She no longer fears a man's touch but nightmares and panic attacks come once in a while but not to the point they're becoming a hindrance with what she's doing.
"There is a party tonight at Minho oppa's company. I was wondering if you two would like to come."
"I can't Ssul. I have a meeting with our agency."
"I can't either. I have some business to attend to as well."
"I see. I understand. Anyway, I kind of noticed but Key oppa why did you dye your hair jet black?"
"It's nothing.." he replied.
"It's a coping mechanism" I butted in.
"Eh?"
"Jonghyun! Don't push it."
"What? Jinri has to know about it eventually.A lot of people would be asking anyway so why hide it?"
"Push what? Hide what? What? What's going on?"

And I spilled the news to Sulli. Everything! From the details of Amber pretending and seeking revenge up to the whole fiasco of Key shooing her away. I described how the scene went and how Key cried and was on the verge of completely breaking down even if Amber was there. It all happened a week ago but the picture remained clear in my head.. In Key's head.
"When did this happen again?" Sulli asked.
"About a week ago." Key replied.
"And you didn't even tell me?! You could've at least told me, oppa!"
"I can't."
"Why not? That was really mean of her to act and pretend like she doesn't know any of us? Talk about selfish? Woah. I can't believe this. I could slap someone right now~! GOD! You know what, it was a good decision to shoo her away like that. Damn, I don't know what I could do if I see her."

Yeahp. Confirmed. Key despises Amber. Sulli hates Amber. Not the scenario I wanted to happen but at the same time kind of predicted this would be it when all things got out of place. Amber, oh my dear Amber.. What have you gotten yourself in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter