Chapter 7- A Hint of a Smile, a Hint of Happiness

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The hint of sweetness and faint acidity felt like a breath of fresh air. Taking it in and appreciating how it feels inside me made me feel and somehow hope that things would get a little better from now. That somehow, despite the quick ride my life is going through right now I can find a small hint of happiness, another reason to actually start smiling again. 

Now that I think about it, I haven't talked to Jonghyun lately. He hasn't called and all that. I managed to find and apply for a scholarship at school. I am yet to find out the results but it's a step closer in accomplishing my decision to be able to escape Jonghyun's grip on me.

"Eonni.."

"Ssul, hey..Good morning."

"Sorry about Key oppa last night. I think he was just frustrated that I rushed him in finishing this room. It's not too much but we hope it's better. We can't really have you stay in the living room forever."

"No! It's not just better. It's great. It's definitely a lot more than the couch. It's not that I have complains but thank you. It really is."

"Whew. That's good to hear. Get changed, breakfast is ready."

I gave my thanks to Sulli as I watched her head out of my room and go down the flight of stairs. I started cleaning up the bed and I heard a clicking of a door only to find out Key coming out of his room, hair wet and looking all fresh. It's a lot different from when I see him in the bar looking all ragged. Well, maybe he did look like that before I only had the time to bother and notice. He didn't notice I was awake and staring at him. Straight down the stairs he went and closing in on the door. The room.

I headed downstairs and saw the two of them comfortably sitting on the couch on the living room. It's funny to imagine I was sleeping on that several days ago. I joined them as I sat across Sulli.

"You don't have class today?" 

"I have but it'll start not until noon, so I'm good. I managed to finish the design plate last night so I have nothing to cram or anything. I have the morning all to myself. You guys need help with anything?"

"Well, the bar could use some cleaning up. Wiping here and there. Dusting and all the yada. It's not too extensive but we can finish quickly if we all work on it." Key said

"I can't join you guys." Sulli replied. "I need to go somewhere."

"Yah, Sulli-ah."

"Oppa! Come on. It's really important. I just have to go. Just, spend more time with Amber eonni. Aishh." and grumpily, Sulli walked out of the room to head to her bedroom. Awkward air. I cleaned the dishes soonafter while Key dusted the walls. He seems really responsible. I don't particularly like his attitude toward me lately but he does take responsiblity for all the things he does and for being an older brother towards Sulli.

Sulli then went out of her room, fully dressed and walked out without saying a word. Key didn't bother to follow after her and he just went ahead in cleaning. 

"Finish what you're cleaning. We should start on the bar soon or you will be late."

I wiped my hands and went ahead to the bar to get started.

-----------------------------

That dongsaeng of mine is forever stubborn. I think we both have it but she was it worse. Aish, I don't know where she is going and earlier she really had to go without even bidding goodbye. That girl, she just gets into trouble but I can't really condemn her on that. She's my little sister after all.

"Can you please pass the bucket?"

"Huh?"

"The bucket, please pass the bucket."

"Ohh, sorry." I pushed the bucket towards her.

"You thinking about Sulli? I don't have siblings to understand her on a level that you do but I just think maybe she wants to meet some friends? She needs a break every once in a while, give it to her. She's 20, Key. Loosen up a little."

"I guess."

To my surprise, Amber grabbed my arm with her wet hands and dragged me near the stage, towards the piano. She opened up the cover and forced me to sit down. She nudged her head though I didn't understand what she was asking me to do not until 10 seconds later.

"No. We have no time for this." She didn't say anything but pushed me down.

"We have all the time in the world. Play."

She gave me a look. A look that I only knew from so long ago. Gently, I cradled my hands on the keys and started playing the song I'd usually play at the bar. She sat on a chair and leaned unto the piano as I played the tune. The first tune I learned to play and will continue to play. The very first tune I played when I met her. This very tune, I learned and played for her, from long ago.

The tune I was playing remembering how much she rocked her head side to side similarly to her. I finished and though it wasn't really anything extraordinary, I saw it on her face for the first time since I met her. A genuine on that note; a smile planted on her face. 

She opened her eyes and looked at me. "See? Now, feeling a lot better?" I nodded in response and to my surprise yet again, her hands still wet and she actually rained water on me.

"Yah!" 

She quickly got up from her seat and went back to cleaning. She started giggling like a little girl as she ran away and picked up the rag with dirty water in it. "Don't come near!" She said in between her laughs. It was too funny and I laughed on the fact she looked so foolish with what she was doing.

"Hey!" She replied as she smacked my back. "Aish, I should go get ready for school. Laters, Key."

With that, she dropped her things and went off.

In more ways than one.

-------------------------------

Not again. I forgot it was the day that we'll be meeting that maniac professor. I've mentioned him before. It's not that I hate him but he's not very likeable either. But he's got this reputation of not only subtlely molesting his students with his eyes but also of being a great professor. He has his antics but he knew several fashion designers during the hay day of his career as a fashion critic. He finished design but never really got into the whole "I'll make a store and sell clothes" kind of thing. He looked at the technicalities of design, the techniques involved and also the psychology behind the success of a fashion design. 

"So, something a little different. Can anyone of you, give me one item or object you think that can be compared to fashion? The essence of designing clothes and such?"

The room grew silent. Nobody was answering. Not good, he doesn't like it that way.

"Fine, Amber volunteered to answer for all of you. Snap snap Ms. Liu, if you don't answer I'll be deducting 2 points for every plate everyone has submitted in the past two weeks."

. "Ughh.." I was blank. What was I supposed to answer? Krystal had started nudging me on the side, insisting I should answer soon or else I'll be the blame of everyone for remainder of the semester.

"Sir.. uhmm."

"Tick tock tick tock.."

"Uhh, uhh... Uhmm, a piano!"

"A piano? Interestin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter