Chapter 30- Imprisoned Liberation

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I can only imagine the way he looked when she appeared in front of national television. I wasn't sure if he saw it but the time he arrived with Jinri, I knew what had happened. I already had my suspicions and I was right. He would act irrationally because of her and in turn he'd have to face the fact he hasn't really moved on from Amber. As someone close to him, I wanted to believe his words. I wanted to believe that indeed he has moved on from her and that he is looking towards a better future. But I knew him. I may know him more than he thinks I do. The moment they arrived, the look on his face could pretty much give away how he felt at seeing her.

"Oppa.." Jinri went over to my side and hugged me. 
"I know you're worried for Key but the least we can do right now is just trust him on his decisions. He may not be the wisest man around but I do know he knows what he is supposed to do."
"It's not that oppa. I know he is mature enough to know what he is supposed to do but then again it's Amber eonni I am worried about. I don't know whether or not she still knows us and all."

There wasn't anything I can say. I didn't know what to say. But after everything that's been going on recently, there are two things I am sure of. We are all in awe and confusion and it is more than clear that Amber is alive.

---

A little past midnight came and Key was quietly sitting on the porch near the garden. Jinri has fallen asleep beside our dog while here I am quite surprised to find that Key was not drinking despite looking so sullen. He was obviously in deep thought. The way he gazed into the sky gave it away. The look in his eyes is a look of questioning. Jinri told me earlier that night, soon after they arrived, that she was surprised to see Amber. Both of them saw her on TV when they were watching the show that featured the press conference. She said that she almost dropped the coffee mug she was about to bring down to the kitchen when she saw what she saw. 

I, on the other hand, could facepalm myself on my stupidity. We were one of the organizers of the presscon. I was able to talk with their staff and it was only until now did I realize it was Amber who I talked to over the phone. I was so stupid to not even notice it was her. If I did, I could've talked to her and asked her about different things.

"Key.."

I sat beside him as he exasperated a sigh. "It feels weird."

"What do you mean?"

"She's alive. She was there. I was there. She was just a few feet away from me. After making myself forget her, the world takes a turn and makes me see that she is alive."

"Key.."

"But you know what's even weirder? Even though she was so near to me and I could literally touch, I can't. I was scared. I was scared that if I touch her, she'd disappear. I feared that I would wake up from a dream. I know you know I never stopped loving her. I never did. The only thing I did was move on and free myself from the guilt of not being able to help her. I know I could've done something but knowing that she is actually alive makes me feel reassured that maybe the world isn't so cruel after all."

"Maybe. To be honest, it does feel weird to know she is alive but of course I am happy to know she is. I do consider her as a dear friend and I couldn't wish for anything better."

"By the way, Minho. There is something I need to tell you.."

---------

"Why so sudden?! Are you kidding me? You told him but you didn't even tell me? What kind of brother are you? Seriously, oppa. If you were planning to do this, you could've told me sooner. I would've helped you even but now you just frustrate me. Is it so hard to say it to me properly? You could've at least let me know so that I could prepare myself. Look, I don't see anything wrong with it, but come on!!"

"Come down Ssul! It's not like I'm leaving Korea again. Incheon isn't so far from Seoul so why are you bothered? I kind of figured it's time for me to stop free loading on you and Minho. You guys should have your own privacy as husband and wife and here I am interrupting you two."

"Minho, oppa. Stop him!"

"He's already decided Jinri. I can't do anything about that."

"What the hell?!"

"Ssul. Calm down. I know my moving out is so sudden and I know you're worried but I found a really good place. I was able to save money when I worked in Japan. My apartment is big enough just for me and it's not that expensive. If you are thinking about expenses, I can easily look for a job. Besides, you can visit anytime if Minho here is being mean to you."

"I am never mean to your sister! Am I mean to you?"

"I am just kidding Minho. Anyway, I'm just a few hours away. You guys can drop off there tomorrow tonight to join me for a little housewarming party."

"You have it furnished?"

"Not completely. I am still missing a few stuff but those things can wait. So yeah, I'll be going Ssul. Take care of Minho, will you? Do your role as a wife and keep your husband happy."

Sulli pouted while Minho blushed on the thought of what Key was trying to imply. What he decided to do wasn't so much but both parties will finally get a taste of their own freedom.

-----------

Hyorin agreed to meet me at the train station once I arrive at Seoul though she did mention she will be tagging a friend along. I could careless if she did anyway. I will finally have a taste of freedom and independence and I can finally give Sulli and Minho their own me time. But to be honest, Minho wasn't all too game with the idea. 

"What? You're going to move out? If you think we are having issues of you being around, it's not that Key. Besides, Jinri would be really worried."

"No. It's not that I think of you guys thinking of me like that but I just think for me to finally liberate myself from Jinri and her from me. We've always had each others backs for the past 10 years and so of our lives. We got so used to each other that we'll rely on each other too much we'd forget to believe in ourselves. Besides, she's finally got you to protect her. I know it has always been your dream to protect her. Also, I want to explore Seoul on my own. It'll be healthy for me."

I arrived at Seoul a little past noon and Hyorin welcomed me. What surprised me was that she brought along a female friend. Her friend wore a curt smile and looked at me shyly. I waved my hello and she waved back. "Key, I'd like you to meet my friend, Jung Eunji."

"Hi, Eunji-ssi. I am Key."
I reached out my hand and she slowly took it to shake. "Nice to meet you, Key-ssi."

We ate lunch at a nearby fastfood. Hyorin promised to tour me around the area I'll be staying at and the different companies she decided to submit our demos. A company is yet to call but while we're at it, each of us got different jobs to allow us to gain some income and possibly save up for better instruments. Hyorin got a job of being a vocal coach for singers at a small time company. Woohyun is working at a music studio at the moment as someone who records guitar backdrops for artists. Out of us three, I have the weirdest one.. I decided to play music at a hotel. I'd be playing during the evenings three times a week. 

"Hyorin, any feedback from any of the companies we sent our demos to?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter