Chapter 26- Acceptance?

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It would be the most logical thing for him to do. In a certain way, I can relate to his pain but at the same time I can't. I have lost Jinri but not once did I think she was dead. It never crossed my mind that she was. We were separated when we were young. It happened when their father stopped working for my parents. I remember that we were in my parents' house in Incheon, playing at the yard, until their father came and practically dragged Jinri and Key away. I was devastated. It felt as if half of me was taken away. I may have been too young to understand the concept of love but I know that I needed her beside me. Jinri completes me.

"Why do I feel that you are of such deep thought, oppa? Care to share what you are thinking of?" It was her. The one who completes me. 

"Ani. It's not much to be honest, Jinri. I was just remembering the time when we were young and how all of us met."

"Oppa, I've told you to stop calling me Jinri, right? I go by Sulli now. It's been so long since someone has called me Jinri. In fact, I am no longer used to it. Can't you notice that everytime you call me by that name, I respond quite late?"

"I can't. I met you by that name. I knew you by that name. I think it's a beautiful name, so why stop using it?"

"I was never attached to it. Key oppa gave me the nickname once---"

"Once what?"

Jinri only shook her head and held tight unto my arm. We've been trying. I can say that I am happy. I am happy that she is here, with me, very much alive and lively. I bet anyone would agree with me that her smile can brighten up any room.

It's been four months since it happened. The New Year came and passed by so quickly. It was a mutual decision between the two of them to sell the house they previously lived in and closed the bar that they operated that was across the street. I was surprised by the number of patrons they had. I joined Jinri and Key in their last night at the bar, when they decided to announce to everyone that it would be their last night. A lot of people were saddened about it but the two of them decided to move on from that chapter of their lives. It does have some implications as to why they did it but I didn't bother asking it.

Oh, did I mention that Key is now living with us? Yes, he is living with us. It was quite awkward at first, especially since I can't be all touchy with Jinri since her brother could be just around the corner. It took about three weeks when he moved in, for our dynamics be put into harmony but after that everything seemed fine. My parents do know of the living conditions we were in and they didn't really object having Key and Jinri around. They are practically family. I am not entirely sure if they are aware that Jinri and I are in a relationship but who cares, she's with me. That is all that matters.

"Minho oppa, let's go. It's lunch time."

I made my way to the dining area. "Where's Key?"

"I already called on him. He's still in his room though. Don't worry. He'll be out in a jiffy."

"Jinri-ah. Don't you think it's time for us to talk to him about it. I know it isn't really easy to do but I think it's time."

"I can't say if it's time oppa. Only Key oppa knows that. We can only assume."

"I know but can you bear to see him suffering like this? He'll lock himself in his room, almost everyday and not come out for hours. He's just..."

"I am what, Minho?"

It was Key. I shut my mouth and he made his way to sit at the dining table. "You were saying, Minho?" He asked once again. I only shook my head and said it was nothing. We proceeded into eating. It was quite an awkward lunch, if you ask me.

---------

Mid-afternoon came and we were just at the yard. I was handling some paperwork for the company while Jinri was tending to some of the flowers I planted way before. It's nice having her around to look after them. I know most of the house helpers can do it but it has meaning when she is the one who does it. "Hey Jinri, do you want to get a dog?"

She looked at me so suddenly and nodded over and over again like a little kid. I smiled at the sight. "Key, won't you mind having a dog around?"
"Nope. I don't mind. I think it'll be nice to have a little companion around the house. A little barking and dirt won't do harm."

"All right. It's settled then." Jinri then ran over to me, sat on my lap, then hugged me and kissed me all over my face saying thank yous in between. It was really amusing but in the corner of my eye, I can see Key eye-rolling at us. I can only laugh at what he was doing. "What kind of dog are we going to get then? A labrador? A poodle?" I asked.
"A labrador is too big. I am not fond of shihtzus, so yeah..A poodle. A poodle would be nice. Don't you think so Key oppa?"

He waved his hands saying as if any dog would do. "Okay, we'll get a dog right this afternoon once I finish the paperwork, sounds good?"

"Ung!"

Jinri went back to the flowers while I went back to the papers. A loud sigh was heard and I saw Key stand from where he was sitting in the garden and headed back inside the house, unto the stairs and up the flight. We got used to it. Ever since losing her,  he's been rather quiet.

By the time I finished doing the papers, a doorbell was heard. Jinri rushed to the door and opened it. She smiled and I was rather surprised to see that it was Krystal. She had a smile on her face and a paper bag on hand. "Hi oppa. Sorry, I came so unprecedentedly. I have some cupcakes with me."

"Ooh, cupcakes. Got any red velvets there?" Jinri asked. Krystal only nodded. Jinri took the bag while Krystal sat at the couch. "What brings you here?"

"Hmm, not much. I was a little bored back home. Dad is slowly trying to get back on his footsteps and into managing the business once again. I don't mind it at all. It only means I can go back to school and finish fashion school. He said I could go to New York to study but I opted to finish it here"

"Glad to know that Uncle Soonjeo is doing fine. Yeah, I think it'll be good for you to go back to school."

"It is.." Her voice lingered. She was looking around and to me it was more than obvious who she was looking for. I don't know how it all started but around two months ago, I saw her looking at her phone which was a picture of Key. It was a picture of him during the party at Krystal's almost more than a year ago. I caught her and she begge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter