Chapter 18- This Man's Story

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was yet another cloudy day today. The winter season has officially started about two weeks ago. In all honesty, I didn't even notice it was winter already. I only realized it when most of the people I meet wear long sleeved clothes and they always carry with them their coats. It's not that I didn't know the date or what month it was but I just didn't bother to even make myself think that it was. Time got slower in my persepective. I lost track of what I am doing, was doing and will do. It has been difficult to keep my mind straight. You can compare it to a clock with a worn out battery. I am like that; still running but not in tune. I used to be this sand clock; quick and on time down to the last grain.

Dealing with her disappearance is of great difficulty. I don't like the feeling of uncertainty. I always had things planned, organized and executed precisely. And now, under these circumstances, I am feeling defeated. I am at a loss. I am at a junction to which I don't know which is the right path to take. Other responsibilities I have as of the moment aren't helping either.

--------

It was as vivid as the sky; all my memories that I hold dear. We were at some sort of open park for kids. We'd play endlessly on the swings, slides and seesaws. I'd push her with all the little strength I had as a kid so that she would fly on the swings towards the sky. We'd build our own sandcastles and I would mention that I will always be the one that would protect her. That in times of trouble, she could just call me and I would be there. I wanted to keep that promise. I wanted to be her shield, her wall, her home.. But now that she is gone to the depths of nowhere----

"Excuse me.." I turned to see where it was coming from. It was Hara. She reminded me the documents that I had to forward to the higher administration about certain products that the fashion houses would be bringing in. A rush of winterwear is bound to be delivered and things at the company had never been more busy. Everyone is working non-stop, even our scholars. I know it may sound unruly but that is the only way we can really relieve the stress the workload can bring unto our regular employees, besides they are more than willing to help which makes it a lot less of a feeling that I am neglecting them. After all, they are my responsibilty.

"I will finish reading and signing some of these. I will be able to forward them by this afternoon. Thank you Hara."

Great. What a great way to spend the majority of my day. If I knew that things would be as hectic as it is today, I would've done a lot of work in advance several days back. Then, I could have today as a free day. I would have wanted to use at least today as a day dedicated to looking for her. Again, another knock. "Who is it now?" I said under my breath.

"Minho?"

"Amber?" It was Amber. She has been a scholar of our company for quite some time since Mr. Song introduced her to us. I remember her interview with us. We asked her to submit some of her designs. She was good like other fashion design students. She had the technique, the idea, the vision and passion but there was something in her designs that seemed familiar in a certain way. I accepted her because of that. I know it sounds biased but I feel I would regret it if I don't take her in. "I just need to ask you something. It is about the designs you asked me to make? I have them here with me today.. Do you need it?"

"Ahh, yes.. Please, may I?"

"I was really happy when you asked me to make designs. I had some with me that I have in my portfolio so I also included them so that you have a lot more to choose from. Though, may I ask what they are for?"

"Ahh, well.. in some occasions, the fashion houses that we bring into Korea or those that are already in the Korean market ask for some designs from us to be included into their collection. They will produce one. They will include the name of the designer that sent in the design that they have chosen. It is such a rare occurence may I say?" Amber's face then brightened up when I told her that. She thanked me in such a formal way before she sped out of my door. Her personality is bright but has this sense of unpredictability. I see traces of her personality in Amber. I can understand why Key would care so much for her.

Speaking of Key, he met with me the other day. He was the one who asked for the two of us to meet. It surprised me in every way.. Just like how a cat would react when you suddenly pour water on it. That was how I felt. He was never the one to initiate things with me.
He was always the more quiet one. He is the one that would just stay in a corner and watch with all his focus. But he had always been reliable. He doesn't talk but he does his talking through his actions. He is agile, quick to react and just responsible. You can always depend on him when he is needed to be dependable. I don't think he knows it but I consider him as my closest friend. We may not talk too much but when we do, it is always about the depths of our thoughts. But he has those days that he will prefer to keep quiet than just talk.

Now that I think about it, Amber doesn't seem to have an idea that I know Key from before even though I may given her hints. I am not entirely sure as to why Key isn't telling her anything but when I ponder about it, he isn't the type that shares personal matters. He has his reasons only he knows.

I finished what I had to do at the company. I know most of you may say that I can have things go my way since my family owns the company, it is nothing like that. Back in high school, they told me that they wanted me to involve with the business. Being as naive as I was, I thought they would include me in the company meetings but turned out into something that never crossed my mind. They placed me in the staff. I had to be with them for three months. They later placed me in the different departments at three month intervals. 

I never understood why they did that back then but as I grew older and, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter