Chapter 17-Fools

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I decided not to go to school after what happened last Friday. I am afraid to see the girls. I didn't know what to talk about nor did I know how am I supposed face them. I can't really tell whether or not I should be mad at them for what happened but then again I thought maybe they had no idea on what was going on in Dongjun's head. Nobody knew of what happened besides Key. I opted not to tell any of the girls. I don't want to strain their supposed developing relationships with the guys we met that night.  Nobody else besides me is home. Key was out to who knows. He was already out when I woke up.

"Hello.."

"Amber? What's up?"

"It's nothing..I just missed talking to you"

"Is something wrong? You sound off?"

I only shook my head and soon bid goodbye. I just needed to talk to someone. I haven't been able to talk to her lately. Last I heard from was when she told me that their business is doing fine though her father is still in an unfortunate state. I miss Krystal dearly. I miss talking to her when I meet her everyday in school. I want to tell her of what happened. I want to share her my woes. She'd always been a shoulder I can depend on and now that she's unreachable, I feel handicapped. 

I tucked myself in my bed and curled up to cry. I feel confused and I didn't know what to feel. "Eomma, where are you?"

--------

It was mid-afternoon when I arrived. I know I promised myself to stop looking for Sulli but every now and then I would look for clues and hope that maybe a little sign would be enough to give me a sign as to where my little sister may be. I honestly believe she is still around the area. She wouldn't be able to contact Minho so easily if she was far off. I know she can access the means to leave but knowing how she is and how she may still suffer from her disorder, she wouldn't leave far too off. It's been almost two months since she left and I miss her presence. I miss her childish ways and how she would tease me. She understood me in ways that I myself can't. I may not tell her everything but I know she understands as well. What I went through and what I am going through. 

She was asleep when I came back. I had been out almost the entire day and I didn't want to force her to go to school, not after what she went through. I consider her family. She is the only one I have left and I thank Sulli for taking her in the first time. I was hesitant when she first came here because of reasons I can only keep to myself. She put herself in risk without even knowing it. But even then, I hope we could stay as we are. 

I sat by her. We have been in close encounters before and I've been near her countless times but it was nothing compared to how we were last Friday. I was dead worried where she was. I was genuinely scared that I would lose her as well. 

"Key..Is that you?"

"Yeah..How are you feeling?" She gave a faint smile perhaps telling me that she was okay. I can only imagine how she felt when she was captured by that guy. I could've beaten him down to the pulp if Amber didn't stop me. I was furious on what he did.
"You hungry? Want me to cook something? Anything you like, just tell me." She only shook her head and sat up while remaining under her sheets. Cute. She was just like a little kid.

"No. I'm good. I had bread earlier before falling asleep. How were your errands?"

"It was good. I was able to do some of the things I was supposed to do so I can say I accomplished something. Have you been in bed all day?"

"Well, yeah. Sorry if I wasn't able to clean the kitchen. I was feeling a little feverish this afternoon so I decided to sleep. Don't worry, I will clean it up later."

"Stay in bed. Are you going to school tomorrow?"

"Not feeling it. Maybe I'll just go over to the company to do some work. I am waiting for them to send me to the design department. It is where I wish to work if they actually accept me into the company."

I only nodded my head and then stood to leave but before I was able to, "Hey Key, can you do me a favor?" I bobbed my head to the side. "Can you play a piano piece for me? Anything, just play.." I smiled a sigh. We went downstairs and she sat the couch while I took my position on the keyboard. I readied my fingers and soon played a Bach. It was the piece that I was playing when I first saw her swaying her head from left to right and how much she appreciated the music I was playing. I finished and found her sleeping again. 

I went over to the window and brought out a pendant. I've always had it. I've kept it all this time as just one of the physical manifestations I have left. "If only you were here.. If only you were still here to keep on listening to the music that I play." I missed her.

--------------

"Amber, can you please bring over here the file case that has all the designs?!" I ran over to the receiving area. I wasn't brought to the design department. I was brought over to the logistics department for that day and man was it hectic. People were running around. If I were to be in charge I'll do a complete revamp of this place. It needs an entirely new system. The workload isn't evenly distributed and it was annoying me a bit. 

"All right! Coffee break everyone."

About time! I headed to the nearest vending machine. It wasn't so near considering it was about three floors below. Minho's office is several floors above this department. I just wish they would put me in the design department already. I want to get a firsthand experience of how they do business in an actual setting. "Hello, excuse me. Is the spot beside you taken?"

"No, please. Go ahead.."

"Thank you. Hi! I am Fei. You are?"

"Amber.."

"Ohh! You must be the student they said that is under the scholarship program as well? I am also under the scholarship program. I just came in about three weeks ago after having a 6-month course on styling. I finally decided to go study a full degree and I am thankful that I was able to get a scholarship."

She was quite the firecracker but she seems nice. "Wow. That is nice. I am also studying design. What influenced you to go into fashion?"

"Ahh.. Well, when I was a little younger, my uncle brought me around Seoul and I saw all these shops and boutiques. I was in awe. But I do remember this distinct store that really inspired me. The owner was the one manning the shop and she went out and greeted me. Heck, she even gave me a lollipop and said that I was pretty. But what made things even better was her daughter went out of the shop and stood beside her. They looked so happy and because of that I was inspired to bring smiles to others through fashion. How about you? What made y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter