Chapter 39- Facing Reality

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Things happened all too fast for me. It was like a bullet train passing right in front of my face. One second I was at a cafe enjoying my breakfast and next thing I know by vision blurred up and here I am tied up to a bed in the same clothes I was two days ago. However, I do remember that I was with Amber. I was intending to return her necklace but I was grabbed by random men. What's worse was that I actually had to see Amber get smacked in the head. 

My head hurt a bit. I have no recollection of the events that happened after the door of the van closed in front of me. But I am sure on one thing. I am taken by men for an unkown reason and I am trapped in room? House? Dungeon? I don't know. The room I am in is small. Like really small. The ceilings were low. It had two small windows which were placed side by side just under the line where the ceiling and the walls meet. It was a four walled room. The bed I was on, well, whoever took me in was decent enough to put bed sheets on the cushion. It even has a floral design on it--ironically, my favorite. A small light bulb was the only artificial source of light available in the room. There was nothing else besides those I've mentioned. No cabinets, no drawers, no tables. No nothing. It was an otherwise empty room.
The wooden door then clicked, as if a key was used to unlock it. I looked to see who it was. A man walked in. He was tall, muscular and had sharp yet sullen eyes. He sported a short haircut with a funky green color and his nose was also well defined. He was carrying a tray with him.
"You're awake."
I didn't reply. "Eat up."
"Why would I eat anything from you guys? Who the hell are you and where am I?"
"It's not poisoned if you're thinking like that."
"Hey hey hey! What's taking you so long in giving the girl food huh, Tao?"
"Jihoon hyung.."
The other guy that entered scared me. He was also quite tall. He had fire truck red hair and his voice was really deep. He was wearing a white polo shirt and denim jeans accompanied by a pair of Doc Marten boots. He directed his gaze towards me.
"Well, looky here. The precious girl is awake. What's up, pretty girl? The name is P.O."
I only snarled at him. "I don't care who you are! Get me out of here.."
"Tao, get out!" The quiet boy named Tao went out and closed in on the door. It scared me even more that I was now left behind with this scary guy. "Tsk, tsk. Not so easy there princess. Our big brother is yet to see you. Eat up. It's not poisoned. It'll be too boring to feed you anything like that."
"How am I supposed to eat when my both of my hands are handcuffed to the bed?"
He made this eureka face which was not attractive at all. He gripped one of my arms as he took out a key from his pocket. It was a key to the handcuffs. It was the perfect chance for me to escape from him when my hands were free but his grip on me was too strong. I couldn't run away. Before I could even stand, one of my hands was handcuffed once again to the bed railing.
"There.. You can eat now, right?"

He soon left after staring at me for a good five minutes. I was really really hungry but I wouldn't give him the pleasure of seeing me eat. "Well, it tastes better than I thought.."
Once my stomach is filled I need to think fast. I need to get out of here, no matter what.

--------------------

The only thing that both of them gave me were blank stares. Appa has already put down the phone and Jonghyun oppa laid out the necklace on the coffee table opposite the couch. I was sure of it. Without a doubt, the necklace that appa was talking about was not Eunji's. I saw Amber eonni adorn it during the dinner party we had back the company. It was several days ago but I doubt she borrowed the ornament from anyone.

"Sulli-ah, are you certain? Like 100% sure that you've seen this thing before?"
"I am sure Jonghyun oppa! Several days ago, remember when I invited you guys over to a dinner party back at the company? Amber eonni attended. I encountered her in the bathroom and saw that necklace. I even praised it saying it looks pretty."

Key oppa didn't say anything. He just sat there looking down at the necklace while Jonghyun oppa and I just looked at him anticipating his next move. But then, he stood and grabbed the necklace from the table and headed to his room. Amber eonni just came out of the bathroom in a batch of fresh new clothes. It appears she took a bath since her hair and face were also wet. Key oppa just stood across her while eonni just stood there as she wiped her hair as if ready for whatever Key oppa has to ask.

"Is this yours?" Key oppa asked as he dangled the necklace right in front of Amber eonni's face. In response, her eyes widened as that of an owl. No kidding, it did. She was about to take hold of it but Key oppa didn't let her.
"I asked you. Is this necklace yours?"
"Where did you get it? Why do you have it?"
"You didn't answer my question. Is this necklace yours?"
"Yes. It's mine. Can you please give it back?"
"Where did you get it? Who gave it to you?"
"Key. Give it back."
"Who gave it to you?!" he shouted.
"It was given to me by my mother. Remember her? She gave it to me before she disappeared into the depths of nowhere after she was found hurt at the alley. At the hospital where I visited her, that's when she gave me this. I've had it with me ever since. Even after the accident."
"Before that? Was there ever an incident you remember you have it?"
"What do you mean?"
"Before what you remember? Is there anything?"

Amber contemplated on Key's words. Sulli and Jonghyun just listened and looked at the conversation. There was a sound of hurting in Key's voice. His heart was twisiting in pain. Are their fates connected deeper than he thinks? Is Amber his first love? The girl that made him choose music? The girl he had a difficult time trying to forget?
"Key, whaa--"

Just then, Amber had a moment of recollection. It was a morning. The river was flowing calmly just beyond the backyard of their school. The weather was really fine that day and the sun shone brightly. The smell of the mildew from the grass and the early blooming flowers resonated in the breeze. She was sitting quietly under a tree. The tree was big. It provided the right amount of shade yet it wasn't too thick for you not to enjoy the sun. From the distance, there was music playing. Sweet piano playing which always made her relax and release all her tension. She leaned on the trunk of the tree, all the while playing with her necklace.

Tears were welling up in her eyes. I saw it. They glistened under the well lit room. A look of pain, confusion and disbelief written on her face. "Kk--Kibum.." she breathed.
"Oh my God!" Key oppa screamed as he ran his hands on his face. He dropped the necklace and kept uttering no.
"No, no, no.. This. This can't be happening!"
Eonni sat on the floor and reached on the necklace.
"Music.."
"What music, eonni?"
"I was six or seven, I don't know. I heard a sound. It was music. Someone was playing a piano. It was Bach. It always made me relax and---"
She cried. She started to cry while covering to contain the noises. What was going on? Why were the two of them crying? I went over to Amber eonni's side. "Kibum.. He was the one playing the piano.. The one closest to me."
"Eonni, are you saying?"
Oppa walked out of the room.
"This has got to be some sort of joke.."
"Key! Key!!" Jonghyun oppa shouted.
"Eyy. Stay here okay Sulli? I'll go get your brother."

Jonghyun went out to follow Key. He made his way to the stairs and stumbled upon Key who was sitting on one of the steps of the flight of stairs leading to the sixth floor. Key was a mess. He was holding in his cries but he was definitely crying.
"Kibum-ah. Get up."
"Why did it have to be like this, hyung?" Jonghyun grabbed Key's arm forcing him to stand. The latter won't budge. "It all makes sense now."
"What do you mean?"
"She knew the piano piece I was playing. Her mannerism of swaying her head and eventually drifting off were the same. Heck! No wonder she also had the same favorite weird juice combination. It was her. It was her all along! She was right in front of my face and I didn't even notice it. Or maybe I did? I was just too scared to admit it to myself.."
"Get a grip, Kibum."
"What am I going to do, hyung?"

Right then, Jonghyun landed his fist on Key's jaw which made the lad groan in pain. "What the ?!"
"Look at you! What the hell Key? I said get a grip. You always knew what to do. You were always in charge of the situation. You said to me before that there is no incident you can't handle. Is this going to be your defeat?"
"It's not as easy as it seems!"
"There is no easy anything in this world! Relationships, work, life, family, society, politics, the Law? Nothing! There is completely nothing easy out in this harsh world. Of all people, you should be one that knows that best. Now pick your snivelling up and get back inside and talk to her properly."

I was in the living room when Key and Jonghyun oppa went back. Key oppa's eyes were red and he had a busted lip. I was about to ask what happened but opted not to. It was quite clear that it was Jonghyun oppa was the one who inflicted the wound on him. On the other hand, there were stll cries that were coming from Key oppa's room. Amber eonni was still crying. I tried comforting her but it was no use. Nope. No words can really ease her battling heart.

-------------------

I don't know how long it took for Amber to stop crying. Key and I arrived a few minutes after he ran out and Amber was still crying. She had the door locked to make sure no one can enter. Sulli tried checking on her more than an hour ago and surprisingly, the door was no longer locked. Sulli entered and Amber was still crying on Key's bed, tucked under the sheets. It was more on the painful side hearing her cry and seeing Key look as if his soul was taken out of his body. The apartment's atmosphere was so heavy and energy so low that a storm cloud can form any minute. The crying stopped just a few minutes ago. We can only assume that Amber either fell asleep or just stopped crying all in all.

"Key, you have a minute?" I called on him to come close to the computer. He went over to my side. I was able to successfully obtain the footage from the CCTV camera which had a clear view of the road in front of the cafe where the crime scene happened. I played it while showing it to Key. I checked the time. It was really fast. In less than three minutes, they were able to take Eunji-ssi away. "Could you return it back to the part where Eunji was being dragged into the car?"
I did. There were two men. They had their shades on but upon investigation of their faces and their distinct features, we knew who they were. The one that took hold of Eunji-ssi was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter